Urgent for clients travelling to Mababe. Dijara Dizhana Tshaa - NO LICENSE

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Clients travelling to Mababe.

IMPORTANT NOTICE.

Edited (again!)

Mababe Trust have had an inspection and have the licenses issued now for Dizhana. (where our April clients are)

They are very sure that they will have the other licenses back for Dijara and Tshaa within the next couple weeks (we will see!) and they will update us soon.

So, we wait to see if Dijara, Tshaa and Dizhana will be licensed and are holding all bookings from May onwards until we know more by mid April.

(swoon! I am utterly exhausted and running around like a chicken without a head!)
    Last edited by taraleegoosen; 2017/04/04 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Confusion!

Default Re: Urgent for clients travelling to Mababe. Dijara Dizhana Tshaa - NO LICENSE

Fingers crossed for tomorrow....
    Last edited by Itchy Feet; 2017/04/03 at 08:53 PM. Reason: Situation changed

Default Re: Urgent for clients travelling to Mababe. Dijara Dizhana Tshaa - NO LICENSE

Hi Tara,

Thanks for the update. Will look forward to your e-mail on our booking.

Good luck with this administrative nightmare.

Regards,

Stephan Groenewald
    Stephan

4x4: 2018 Isuzu KB250 D-Teq 4x4 DC
    Platkar: 2019 Suzuki Baleno GLX

"All of us get lost in the darkness. Dreamers learn to steer by the stars"

Hi Tara. Thanks so much for keeping us informed. Will be thinking of you with all extra admin and logistics involved. We're only Sept so will wait for your email. Good luck and take care. Linda

Hi Tara,

Thanks for the info, I just tried you for a booking for end of the year, so we have some time to wait it out.

As an input, did you try also with Kaziikini, was quite convenient in the past, albeit being on the other side of the delta.

Have these guys kept their infrastructure usable?? (would be a key question)

Regards
    Walter
    Kalahari Safari
    ORRA Call: WB58 | ICASA ZRF430
    Nissan Patrol GU TB45
    | Nissan Safari GU TD42 | B'rakah 4x4 Trailer
    E34 - 535i for a bit of nostalgia
    E39 - 540i for the open roads

Hi Tara
    Is it true that Mankwe has been closed as well. Do hope it's a false rumour, as I noticed one of your clients was asking about Mankwe.
    Regards
    Rudy

Hi Rudy
    No, Mankwe is not closed. I'm meeting the manager tomorrow, should the Mababe contracts fall through.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to taraleegoosen For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by taraleegoosen View Post
    Hi Rudy
    No, Mankwe is not closed. I'm meeting the manager tomorrow, should the Mababe contracts fall through.
    HI Tara
    Hats off for your efforts
    What is your gut feeling for weather ( water floods) for the last third of April in the mababe/Kwai area, will we be able to do some driving around or will it be confound to camp?

I think you'll be okay. So far, only the Third Bridge area is closed due to high water levels. If anything (and it continues to rise) then maybe Khwai northgate area might be compromised. But you can still game drive Mababe and then all the way to Savuti/Chobe/Kasane. CKGR and Khutse and Nxai and Makgadigadi will all be dry and open as normal. (with the high water levels in the Boteti, the Makgadigadi will be stunning).
    So I think just the north Moremi/Khwai as usual - but nothing new, it's like that every year when the Delta is high - it just might be a little higher (like in 2012)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to taraleegoosen For This Useful Post:

Hi Tara
    I am very confused and worried now. We booked at Tshaa for 7 days from 26 April 2017 and were moved to Dizhana. Now I seems that Dizhana also have problems with their licence? When will we have clarity where we will be staying?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy & Thea View Post
    Hi Tara
    I am very confused and worried now. We booked at Tshaa for 7 days from 26 April 2017 and were moved to Dizhana. Now I seems that Dizhana also have problems with their licence? When will we have clarity where we will be staying?
    It's a very confusing situation - agreed.

However as the booking agent unfortunately Bots Footprints can only await the outcome.

I can assure you that whatever the outcome, Tara will do her utmost best to either secure your booking or find you equivalent or better.

Apparently the Tourism inspector went over there yesterday (more than a week late!) So Pierre will update me today about licenses and contracts.
    I'll know more today. And will update you as soon as I can!

[QUOTE=RraBots;3537597]It's a very confusing situation

"taraleegoosen:
    Re: Important Update : Dijara & Tshaa (Xanakgaie) Campsites - Mababe

Originally Posted by TRON
    Dear "Willie", does Dizhana have the license?

Hi Tron, yes, Dizhana is licensed (to the Mababe Trust)"

It is a confusing issue but Willie's earlier letter to Wash was a warning that not all is right with the Dizhana license. However Tara confirmed that they were licensed? I don't want to be a profit of doom- but! and yes, Tarais trying to sort this out. Good luck I hope that there're not going to be too many tears.

I have just come out of a meeteing with the Tourism official that inspected Dizhana. and Dizhana is LICENSED!!

All my April clients have been moved to Dizhana. May onwards are on hold, as the lawyers will let us know by mid April if the Dijara and Tshaa licenses have been reissued (they are sure they will be).

Quote Originally Posted by taraleegoosen View Post
    I have just come out of a meeteing with the Tourism official that inspected Dizhana. and Dizhana is LICENSED!!

All my April clients have been moved to Dizhana. May onwards are on hold, as the lawyers will let us know by mid April if the Dijara and Tshaa licenses have been reissued (they are sure they will be).
    We are booked at Dijara in Mid April. If they re-instate the license before our date of arrival should we then go there in-stead?
    2007 Prado VX 4.0 V6 - Tiny
    SOLD: 2006 Pajero 3.2Di-D SWB - Die Valk

As soon as Dijara and Tshaa licenses are reissued (and I have seen them myself), I'll contact any clients moved, to see if they wish to stay in Dizhana or move back to Dijara or Tshaa

Default Re: Clients travelling to Mababe.

Tara, Would it be possible to give feedback as to which camp would be preferable (in 2 weeks time) with regards to ablutions, water etc. as in a previous post it was mentioned that Dijara and Tshaa had been trashed. Also is Andre going to be based at Dizhana?
    Land Rover Freelander 2
    Volvo XC90
    Invader Quattro

Hi Brian
    Absolutely. My ladies in my office and I are driving there early next week to see how the building at Dizhana went and take photos. I'll visit Dijara and Tshaa again too, and update everyone when we come back.
    Andre will be at Dizhana in April (they are confirming that all in a meeting tomorrow morning) and will probably move between all three (but that will depend on the meetings out at the Trust)
    We'll update as we go!

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to taraleegoosen For This Useful Post:

Hi Tara
    Please could you share some pictures of Dizhana as there don't seem to be many online. We are some of your clients which you have moved to Dizhana in April. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spongebobsa View Post
    Hi Tara
    Please could you share some pictures of Dizhana as there don't seem to be many online. We are some of your clients which you have moved to Dizhana in April. Thanks
    Unfortunately I dont have any at the moment. The camp has just been refurbished and rebuilt and they finished on the 2nd April. I'm too far behind with having to do all the lawyers/meetings and so cant drive down there just yet to take some. There are meetings on Monday with the people involved, and if Andre goes out there, I'll ask him to post some. Otherwise, I'll take some later this month when I go.
    There are the old photos from earlier on the previous dizhana websites and posts from 2010.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast