The 2.4 Hilux Revo SRX GD-6 Double Cab Thread - Page 7

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Default Re: The 2.4 Hilux Revo SRX GD-6 Double Cab Thread

Ek geniet my bakkie ook vreeslik baie maar een ding wat my pla is die swak kwaliteit van die plastiek panele binne in as ek dit met my ou Ranger moet vergelyk.Ek hoor ook van n hele paar van hulle wat roes op hulle dakke.Sy brandstofverbruik is absoluut puik al voel die tenk so klein.
    2017 Hilux 2.4 SRX D/C 4x4 2012 Cross Polo [mamma s'n]

http://travel.webshots.com/album/558867451ncpSPZ

Het iemand al iets aan die hoof ligte gedoen? Dit is die een ding wat my pla van die bakkie, vanoggend 4h00 van die plaas af terug gekom en die mense kom nie eers agter ek bly op bright nie.
    Everything is a hammer.
    Unless it is a screw driver.

Then it it a chisel.

Quote Originally Posted by Lianesch View Post
    Ek dink die laat 2017 model is dieselfde as die 2018 model maar weet regtig nie. Is daar iemand met 'n vroe 2017 / 2016 model wat dit al gedoen het vir R2k to R3k? Ek dink ook dat sekere dealers verneuk mense omdat die 2016 model so duur was, dan gee hulle R7k / R8k pryse vir die 2017 models ook. 3 dealers het my gekwoteer R8k plus en Durban South was self nie 100% seker nie tot ek vir hulle genoem het dat iemand op die forums het dit vir R2k +/- gedoen by hulle.

Maar ek moet net s dat cruise control die beste upgrade is wat ek gedoen het met my hilux. 2000 km tussen verlede week Woensdag to Sondag en dit is vantasties. Kan nie eens dink hoe ek voorheen sonder dit reg gekom het nie.
    More more

Wil net uitvind werk die cruise control vanaf die stuurwiel of is dit n aparte lever aan die kant soos n flikker lever met die knoppies.

Baie dankie

Quote Originally Posted by Uys View Post
    Het iemand al iets aan die hoof ligte gedoen? Dit is die een ding wat my pla van die bakkie, vanoggend 4h00 van die plaas af terug gekom en die mense kom nie eers agter ek bly op bright nie.
    Nee Uys nou verstaan ek glad nie die brights op die Hilux is vir my fantasties.

Quote Originally Posted by NeelsCJ View Post
    More more

Wil net uitvind werk die cruise control vanaf die stuurwiel of is dit n aparte lever aan die kant soos n flikker lever met die knoppies.

Baie dankie
    Ja NeelsCJ dit is so.
    2017 Hilux 2.4 SRX D/C 4x4 2012 Cross Polo [mamma s'n]

http://travel.webshots.com/album/558867451ncpSPZ

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Ja NeelsCJ dit is so.
    Baie dankie.

I need to decide between the 2.4 SRX 4x4 in auto vs manual. What are your opinions? Does anyone have experience of living with the 2.4 auto?
    2008 Mitsubishi Triton 2.5 4x4 SS

Has anybody noticed that just above the Eco light there is an Adblue light?
    Everything is a hammer.
    Unless it is a screw driver.

Then it it a chisel.

Quote Originally Posted by Uys View Post
    Has anybody noticed that just above the Eco light there is an Adblue light?
    Just checked mine. Mine also has one.
    Toyota Fortuner 2.8 GD-6 4x4 Auto

Quote Originally Posted by Caracal View Post
    Just checked mine. Mine also has one.
    My Hilux is getting a bit of TLC on Friday.
    Stofpad bash plate and rear bumper and a Snorkel.

Then next week I am fitting some black wheel arches and some black trimming on the door.

You guys that have had yours for a while, what is the fuel consumption like ?

Any reliability issues on the turbo's?

Does it matter what fuel you put in in terms of diesel? If you had no choice, would you put in 500ppm?

And lastly, for overland, would you take one ?

After 10 years it is time for my v6 4.0 hilux to move on. Decided on a new 2.4 auto 4x4 and actually looking forward to a new vehicle.

Going to miss the old one. He served us well and took us on many trips and to many destinations and neighbouring countries and is still truly reliable.

I read this thread a few times and was the main reason for my decision to go for a 2.4

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Serf For This Useful Post:

Looking forward to reading more about this vehicle .................. I'm in the process of moving "to the other side" now that I've sold my LR.
    Sam
    ZS1SAM
    V5/ZS1SAM

Quote Originally Posted by Slowones View Post
    You guys that have had yours for a while, what is the fuel consumption like ?

Any reliability issues on the turbo's?

Does it matter what fuel you put in in terms of diesel? If you had no choice, would you put in 500ppm?

And lastly, for overland, would you take one ?
    My consumption over 35 000km averages 11.3 km per litre, but the last 5 fill ups im returning an average of 12.7km per litre. I travel to Sandton from Pta every day in traffic so its not too shabby!

I use 50ppm but every 4th fill up i use 500ppm just to aid in lubrication. No science behind this at all, just something i decided to do when i bought the bakkie.
    Toyota Fortuner 2.8 GD-6 4x4 Auto

Good evening to everyone
    I've had my new 2.4 GD^ DC 4X4 SRX auto for just on a week now and so far am really very happy. Have not had a chance to take it off-road yet, but that will happen.

Immediate items in the pipeline are an aluminium canopy (Metalian) and then a dual battery system. Thinking at this point is a battery box in the load bin.
    I have posted a question regarding the disconnecting / reconnecting procedure of the battery (camping, fridges etc etc section), but it appears that there are no issues when this is done. I have also established that that the WRND charger is fully compatible with the "smart" or "intelligent" alternator.
    Sam
    ZS1SAM
    V5/ZS1SAM

Quote Originally Posted by SamM View Post
    Good evening to everyone
    I've had my new 2.4 GD^ DC 4X4 SRX auto for just on a week now and so far am really very happy. Have not had a chance to take it off-road yet, but that will happen.

Immediate items in the pipeline are an aluminium canopy (Metalian) and then a dual battery system. Thinking at this point is a battery box in the load bin.
    I have posted a question regarding the disconnecting / reconnecting procedure of the battery (camping, fridges etc etc section), but it appears that there are no issues when this is done. I have also established that that the WRND charger is fully compatible with the "smart" or "intelligent" alternator.
    Any feedback on the auto after living with it for a while? What kind of fuel consumption after you achieving?

I'm set on a 2.4 GD-6 now, but just want to be sure the auto is the one for me. Is the fuel consumption of the auto really that much higher than the manual?

Quote Originally Posted by HJG View Post
    I need to decide between the 2.4 SRX 4x4 in auto vs manual. What are your opinions? Does anyone have experience of living with the 2.4 auto?
    What did you end up going with? Happy with your choice?

Quote Originally Posted by Blinkfan View Post
    What did you end up going with? Happy with your choice?
    I ended up going with the auto. I drive in city traffic in the mornings so that was the deciding factor. The auto is also better for when my wife has to drive it, since she is used to driving an auto Fortuner. The auto is also great for towing. I have a offroad caravan with a tarra of 1200kg and the Hilux tows it effortlessly in comparison to my previous 2.5 diesel Triton. The Hilux now has 7000km on the clock and according to Fuelio the avg consumption sits at 9.5km per liter. This includes a lot of city driving. Overall I am very happy with the Hilux. my only regret is not waiting 3 months to get the facelift with the better radio and reverse camera.
    2008 Mitsubishi Triton 2.5 4x4 SS

20. The Following User Says Thank You to HJG For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Blinkfan View Post
    Any feedback on the auto after living with it for a while? What kind of fuel consumption after you achieving?

I'm set on a 2.4 GD-6 now, but just want to be sure the auto is the one for me. Is the fuel consumption of the auto really that much higher than the manual?
    Hi Blinkfan, I've only done 3,321 km in past 3.5 months. Overall average is 9.03 lt/100km (I personally fill to make sure the tank is full and do my own calculation). The onboard computer is as near as dammit accurate.
    Driving has been mainly short town trips plus one round trip of 650 km through the Cederberg.

At this stage I am more than happy (but I still miss the Defender - guess this is a landy thing which some may not understand ). I will be back into the Cederberg again next month, this time towing my Metalian for the first time with the Hilux.
    Sam
    ZS1SAM
    V5/ZS1SAM

22. The Following User Says Thank You to SamM For This Useful Post:

My 2.4 auto has 6000km on the clock after 3 months. Fuel consumption is just under 9km/l, but I tow a lot and it is heavier on fuel in the city. On the open road it goes up to over 11km/l.

Drive a fair bit of gravel roads and it is much more stable as my previous 4.0.

Overall I am very happy with it.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Serf For This Useful Post:

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast