Default Foton accessories

Ok, ended up buying a second hand Foton Tunland DC 4x4. (40000km) Have had almost every other Bakkie on the market, last one was a Mahindra Scorpio SC 4x4. Sold it with 170 000 km on the clock.

now the Foton. Accessories are limited, wanted a wrap around integrated bumper, there are a few places making them at HUGE cost.... Went to Nudgem, they are going to make me one then it will become a standard stock item. Cattle railings/ Hunting frame, TJ exhaust going to build it. Suspension ....redoing front suspension ....Kobus at Amadaextreme will do that...... Seat covers ..... Jackleberry ......

Only done 600km so far, duly IMPRESSED ..... But not with the dealers or with the knowledge at FOTON SA..

Any good advice will be welcome, servicing tips etc etc.
    Last edited by Hawkeye; 2017/03/19 at 07:01 AM.

Default Re: Foton accessories

How is that Cummins engine?
    Vrywaring: Niks wat ek hier kwyt raak moet hoegenaamd as feite beskou word nie.

Quote Originally Posted by Reenen View Post
    How is that Cummins engine?
    Im not a fan of China sourced products, however the finish on the Foton is not bad at all and compares with any Jap,USA, or SA product, the Cummins motor .... Will outlast the vehicle for sure... The support for it even without FOTON will be good .... There are other better known brands Using Cummins motors .....

I was was happy with my Mahindra, the Foton outperforms the Curry Cruser by far ....... So far anyway...time will tell

Mine have just over 100,000 km's on the clock. Have had my issues, but nothing more that any other vehicle I have ever owned.

The Cummins engine, excellent, and when it comes to fuel economy, even better.

What I want to comment, since my motor plan ended, and I started dong my services myself, I just find the vehicle "better". I do question the quality of Foton services and backup service.

I have modified my oil filter and diesel filter to normal spin on filters, still normal Cummins filters, but more freely available. If needed I can source normal GUD or Fram filter from the local spares shop. I have done the same with my Air Filter.

Quote Originally Posted by RiaanB1025 View Post
    Mine have just over 100,000 km's on the clock. Have had my issues, but nothing more that any other vehicle I have ever owned.

The Cummins engine, excellent, and when it comes to fuel economy, even better.

What I want to comment, since my motor plan ended, and I started dong my services myself, I just find the vehicle "better". I do question the quality of Foton services and backup service.

I have modified my oil filter and diesel filter to normal spin on filters, still normal Cummins filters, but more freely available. If needed I can source normal GUD or Fram filter from the local spares shop. I have done the same with my Air Filter.
    Please give more info I regards of the modification ,and pics if possible
    Dirk van Heerden
    [email protected]

Hi i am in the market for a 2014 with 40000km pre finance approved before i sign is this bakkie any good any issues so far? I am concerned that in the last 3 months 3 dealers have closed any comment on this will be appreciated. I am a bit scared just buying whith the dealers closing around me thank you

Ek kry vandag n nuwe bakkie. Ek het kwotasies gekry by elke liewe vervaardiger. Almal het binne n dag teruggekom met pryse. Behalwe Foton. Na 2 weke nog geen terugvoer. Moes maar lank soek na n handelaar wat nog oop is, en diť het geen begeerte om te kwoteer op sc. wil maar net dc verkoop.
    Vrywaring: Niks wat ek hier kwyt raak moet hoegenaamd as feite beskou word nie.

Im looking for a Nudge bar for my Tunland .....to fit extra lights and perhaps an antenna ..
    WHERE ??

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Im looking for a Nudge bar for my Tunland .....to fit extra lights and perhaps an antenna ..
    WHERE ??
    HI

WHERE YOU FROM? i GOT 1 THAT WAS ON MY VEHICLE FOR ABOUT 3 MONTHS?
    THANKS
    FOTON TUNLAND 4X4 LUX
    UPGRADES:"LEVEL IT" SPACER KIT,2" LIFT WITH RANCHO ADJUSTABLE SHOCKS,ROCKSPIDER 4X4: BASHPLATE,ROCKSLIDERS,REARBUMPER/TOWBAR COMBINATION. UTILITY BOXES FOR AIR COMPRESSOR AND RECOVERY GEAR. DIY CANOPY. NEW CUSTOM BUMPER.