Plumbers..!!!Masterflow valve advice

Default Plumbers..!!!Masterflow valve advice

I ve fitted my house with a watertank system from the borehole with a presusre pump(pascali) that goes direct into my main water supply.
    The councel line is closed with a tap.
    The problem i have is the masterflow valve(cobra) drips every 5-7 minutes.and the the pump starts to pump presure into the system.
    What can i do to stop this.. must i fit the masterflow on the counsel line or must i replace the valve...?
    Any suggestions?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Groenmamba For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Plumbers..!!!Masterflow valve advice

The valve is releasing excess pressure. If you can set your pump pressure lower that will sort it out. If you can't reduce pump pressure you need to fit another master flow valve on your pump side.
    Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by DennisWWebb View Post
    The valve is releasing excess pressure. If you can set your pump pressure lower that will sort it out. If you can't reduce pump pressure you need to fit another master flow valve on your pump side.
    That is not necessarily. If your pump is set at 4 bar or less, you don't need the masterflow at all. What you do need is a 400kpa relief valve fitted on your hot water line after the geyser. Remove the masterflow valve completely. It is only restricting your already lower flow

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cooleverest For This Useful Post:

Old post but I think the way forward here is to check if the masterflow is working properly.If it is a bladder may be the way to go here. (pressure vessel.)This would prevent the pump kicking in the whole time.

A hydrosphere

I noticed, when using tank water and own pressure pump, pump kicks in every 5 min or so, for a few seconds. Plumbers checked for leaks, found none but then explained water flows back from pipes in house. That reduced pressure and pump picked it up. They fitted a non return valve between pump and house and problem diappeared immediately. I use gas geyser, thus no obvious valve i know of.

Had a 3 months' long underground leak which cost me R18k for water bill. Now all my pipes above ground level, where i can check them
    Last edited by julius caesar; 2019/02/10 at 03:41 PM.
    Henk Pretorius D4 3,0 SDV6 HSE
    EX AFRICII SEMPER NOVUS

9. The Following User Says Thank You to julius caesar For This Useful Post: