repair broken gazebo frame

Default repair broken gazebo frame

I have a campmaster gazebo and one of the legs is broken off right up where the trellis pops over the pin at the top. Id like to repair it but I'm not sure how. It seems that id need to insert something into the two ends and then bolt/screw/pop rivet it into place.....

Anyone done this before and can direct me? Or point me at an online instructable?

Default Re: repair broken gazebo frame

I know the problem you have, take it back to the store you bought it from, perhaps they will swop it out
    There is no such thing as inclement weather, only poor selection of clothing.... or Vehicle

2010 Hummer H3 5.3lt V8, 300 HP, FDL, RDL, CDL, TC and 4:1 Low Range

Discovery and Range Rovers: SOLD: enough is enough

Quote Originally Posted by Estee View Post
    I know the problem you have, take it back to the store you bought it from, perhaps they will swop it out
    I bought it from Makro over 2 yrs ago, so I doubt they will do anything..... I think Im on my own.....

I cut the leg open right where its bent and riveted steel plates on the inside to keep it together. Still holding up after 2 years.
    2009 Toyota Fortuner Epic V6

Okay I know it is 9 month later but it might still help. Mine broke there as well last December after a gust of wind got hold of it. I should have used longer pegs. Anyway I decided to cut all 4 legs the same amount off the top so they were equally long and drilled new holes for the clips to fit in. The gazebo has 3 holes for setting the legs at the bottom so you can now just use the last notch. It works like a charm, nobody will even know it was broken. Now I still have to fix a few of those concertina sections. Anybody know where I might get hold of it?
    '02 Toyota Prado 3.0 td VX, SAC intercooler, Kumho KL78 A/T's. DIY roofrack and rack system.
    "Good judgement come from experience, experience come from bad judgement"

If it's a campmaster, spares are available directly from them.

http://www.campmaster.co.za/faq.htm

Q: Where can I get spare parts for my Camp Master products?

A: Spare parts are available from the Camp Master service center for various Camp Master products, please contact the Camp Master call center on 0861 CMINFO (264636) or complete the contact us section and include the details of your products the parts needed and we will be in touch with you.

I've seen a couple of people have luck just asking on 1 or more local Facebook groups if anyone has an old one lying around.

I still have my old one lying around, and my current one broke a leg when it was used a week or two ago. I intend to keep repairing until I can't between the two, and then replace it with a nice canvas gazebo.

Quote Originally Posted by WernerS View Post
    Okay I know it is 9 month later but it might still help. Mine broke there as well last December after a gust of wind got hold of it. I should have used longer pegs. Anyway I decided to cut all 4 legs the same amount off the top so they were equally long and drilled new holes for the clips to fit in. The gazebo has 3 holes for setting the legs at the bottom so you can now just use the last notch. It works like a charm, nobody will even know it was broken. Now I still have to fix a few of those concertina sections. Anybody know where I might get hold of it?
    Thanks for the tip! I did the same thing and it worked...mostly. I had to cut off about 15cm on each of the legs, which means the outer pipe is about 1cm too short to fit through the bottom "sleeve" when completely folded up, and the outer leg tube sometimes gets caught on that when trying to unfold it.

All in all it still works, and if I get another year or two out of it I'd be happy.

P.S. This project was a good excuse to buy a Mitre Saw (with Aluminium blade), which I've been wanting for a while.