Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Very upset with Suzuki Menlyn

From personal experience I would say don't hold your breath that the DP will do anything.

I am fortunately in a position to be versed in the applicable with access to all needed resources and know how high level corporate accountability works. Therefore, it works a charm if you 'pull the correct lever' you end up with personal apology letters, cellphone numbers and direct email addresses for the CEO of the parent group, nevermind a DP, staffer at HQ or something like that.

Each big company out there, often required by law, has a person who is very high up, well qualified, reports directly to the board and is not used to receiving complaints. This is the communications officer of the company you find in the PAIA manual, published by all the big entities. Usually a senior compliance officer whose direct email address and telephone numbers you will also find here, for not doing so puts the company at great risk.

The most important part, however, is how you approach the whole situation and how you put forward your position. If you're going to be infantile you must accept being laughed off.

If you're lucky, you will keep 10 or so highly paid members of the group busy with your matter (CEO/MD included), you'll get your way since you are deemed a credible threat and in doing so, you will have cost the company quite some time and money.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to locklaw For This Useful Post:

PAIA Manual availability

AVAILABILITY OF THE MANUAL
    A copy of this manual is available to the public for inspection on the COMPANY’s website at www.suzukiauto.co.za or on request from the designated contact person referred to in this manual.
    3. CONTACT PERSON
    The responsibility of, and compliance with the act, has been delegated by the Managing Director of the COMPANY to the Information Officer. Requests pertaining to the provisions of the Act should be directed as follows:
    Contact Person: Mmapuleng Makume
    Physical Address: 17 Enterprise Close Linbro Business Park Marlboro
    Postal Address: P.O. Box 1995
    Kelvin
    Phone Number: (011) 574-1900
    Last edited by SamM; 2017/03/10 at 07:02 AM.
    Sam
    ZS1SAM
    V5/ZS1SAM
    Bush Lapa Bosluis B2464

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SamM For This Useful Post:

Post Re: Very upset with Suzuki Menlyn

My experience with Suzuki SA hasn't been great - they just brush it off on the dealer... "not their problem" - but I think letting them know of shoddy service is still the right thing to do.

I feel your pain. I had a whole couple of issues with my GV and have received bad service at multiple places as well. I am very close on making a decision and maybe try a different flavour of bad service

Quote Originally Posted by iondb View Post
    I feel your pain. I had a whole couple of issues with my GV and have received bad service at multiple places as well. I am very close on making a decision and maybe try a different flavour of bad service
    Just watch out for the "burning" kind

I have been servicing my Suzuki's myself and they are still running... so its not really that difficult
    Last edited by Samaya; 2017/03/10 at 09:40 AM.
    2015 Isuzu KB250 D/C 4x4 HO LE - Mine

Quote Originally Posted by SamM View Post
    PAIA Manual availability

AVAILABILITY OF THE MANUAL
    A copy of this manual is available to the public for inspection on the COMPANY’s website at www.suzukiauto.co.za or on request from the designated contact person referred to in this manual.
    3. CONTACT PERSON
    The responsibility of, and compliance with the act, has been delegated by the Managing Director of the COMPANY to the Information Officer. Requests pertaining to the provisions of the Act should be directed as follows:
    Contact Person: Mmapuleng Makume
    Physical Address: 17 Enterprise Close Linbro Business Park Marlboro
    Postal Address: P.O. Box 1995
    Kelvin
    Phone Number: (011) 574-1900
    With respect but you're going about this wrong in my view. Why go to Suzuki SA's PAIA manual if Bidvest McCarthy own the dealership (and many others)? Why go to McCarthy seeing as Bidvest owns 100% of McCarthy per its PAIA manual and ultimately is everyone's owner and boss?

I would just pop an email to Craig Brighten, Company Secretary for the entire group. He sits in board meetings after all and knows all the big players.

I'm have little doubt it will be channeled correctly and appropriately from there since they are in the game to make money and with a branch acting like this, they should not be happy one would think.

Just heed my warning, if you so choose, use your words wisely to get the desired effect and be courteous, he did nothing to you, should find comfort that you inform him of the operational deficiencies in one of their very many subsidiaries' branches and has access to an array of lawyers and advocates.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to locklaw For This Useful Post:

Also, heard a rumor that the Menlyn branch is changing hands regarding owners. They don't show up on their site anymore as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by iondb; 2017/03/10 at 03:51 PM.

Hi to all suzuki owners, looking for advice here, my suzuki jimny needs to go in for a 15 000 km service within a thousand km's, i am living in marble hall in limpopo ,what dealership would you recommend?
    just want to say we enjoy our little jimny very much

Quote Originally Posted by gerhard 4x4 View Post
    Hi to all suzuki owners, looking for advice here, my suzuki jimny needs to go in for a 15 000 km service within a thousand km's, i am living in marble hall in limpopo ,what dealership would you recommend?
    just want to say we enjoy our little jimny very much
    Isn't there a dealership in Pietersburg? If you want to travel to Pretoria area I would suggest Bramley. Maybe try Montana as well but I don't know what their service is like.

Last edited by Lepooy; 2017/03/13 at 08:56 PM.

Hi All

The Dealer contact the client 2017/03/10 @ 11h00 We invite him to come and see us so that we could sort out the problem and see how we could assist him. He notified us that he had his key repaired by a friend and thank us for the call back. The client was not yet back to the dealer

Quote Originally Posted by J.v.R View Post
    Hi All

The Dealer contact the client 2017/03/10 @ 11h00 We invite him to come and see us so that we could sort out the problem and see how we could assist him. He notified us that he had his key repaired by a friend and thank us for the call back. The client was not yet back to the dealer
    And you might be.......?

The dealership in question maybe?
    Nico Swart

Triton 2.5DiD D/C with SS
    ZS6NJS

One day, or Day One. You decide. Tomorrow is promised for no one!

Well, if I can make some assumptions regarding the forum name, then yes, it is a staff member from the Suzuki Menlyn branch, but I will leave it to J.v.R to confirm or not. Just a assumption though, and we all know that that is the mother of all f.......

Quote Originally Posted by iondb View Post
    Well, if I can make some assumptions regarding the forum name, then yes, it is a staff member from the Suzuki Menlyn branch, but I will leave it to J.v.R to confirm or not. Just a assumption though, and we all know that that is the mother of all f.......
    Indeed.

Until such time as more info is forthcoming, this post means absolutely zero.

One would've at least expected in introduction and hopefully an explanation as to why this appalling treatment was dished out and what is being done to address it.

Whoever wrote this post is probably following instructions which was not even remotely thought through or considered.
    Nico Swart

Triton 2.5DiD D/C with SS
    ZS6NJS

One day, or Day One. You decide. Tomorrow is promised for no one!

Quote Originally Posted by Die SwartKat View Post
    Indeed.

Until such time as more info is forthcoming, this post means absolutely zero.

One would've at least expected in introduction and hopefully an explanation as to why this appalling treatment was dished out and what is being done to address it.

Whoever wrote this post is probably following instructions which was not even remotely thought through or considered.
    Hi Guys, I have been traveling overseas so I have not had a chance to look at this thread. Die SwartKat sent me a PM so I thought I better reply

BTW, I do not know who J.v.R is.

I went to Suzuki Menlyn on the Thursday morning. 09/03/2017, to talk to the DP. The DP was busy so I left my phone number for him to contact me. The DP contacted me on the 10/03/2017 and apologized and said he will address the issue with the Suzuki staff. The DP did not invite me to come see him to sort out the problem or offer to fix the damage done to the plastic cover on the key. I accepted the apology and left it at that. I did inform the DP that I will never service a car at then again. I do not know if complaining to the DP made any difference because I never heard anything further from them. I decided not to take it further as, in my opinion, life is too short to worry about something as petty as this.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to TonyJimny For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TonyJimny View Post
    Hi Guys, I have been traveling overseas so I have not had a chance to look at this thread. Die SwartKat sent me a PM so I thought I better reply

BTW, I do not know who J.v.R is.

I went to Suzuki Menlyn on the Thursday morning. 09/03/2017, to talk to the DP. The DP was busy so I left my phone number for him to contact me. The DP contacted me on the 10/03/2017 and apologized and said he will address the issue with the Suzuki staff. The DP did not invite me to come see him to sort out the problem or offer to fix the damage done to the plastic cover on the key. I accepted the apology and left it at that. I did inform the DP that I will never service a car at then again. I do not know if complaining to the DP made any difference because I never heard anything further from them. I decided not to take it further as, in my opinion, life is too short to worry about something as petty as this.
    Menlyn is close to where I stay, so it was convenient for me to have the Zuks serviced there. But I have heard of other people also not happy with their service and I have decided to rather service my Zuks at home as I can do that and I know the suggested items are serviced as required. If something like a gearbox breaks I take it to Monty in Boksburg - its far but the service is great and I know my Zuk will be in good working order

I think things might change at Menlyn. I heard Penta Group, which owns Suzuki Montana, is taking the Menlyn Dealership over.
    Suzuki Montana has got a good reputation, so hopefully we can support them and get the service we deserve.
    PAUL

Quote Originally Posted by Paul JRH View Post
    I think things might change at Menlyn. I heard Penta Group, which owns Suzuki Montana, is taking the Menlyn Dealership over.
    Suzuki Montana has got a good reputation, so hopefully we can support them and get the service we deserve.
    Normally requires more than just a "dealership change" ..... the root of these problems rests with a complacent service depratment, starting with the service manager, then the "client service advisors", then down to the guys holding the spanners ....

My local Toyota dealership (my office window looks out onto their premises) has gone through "dealer principle" changes in the last couple of years ... same pathetic service levels .... and reporting it to the new dealer principle, even with a long chain email showing the history over three vehicles, it is clear he shows trust in his clearly inefficient service manager.

Really hope the new ownership at this Suzuki dealership shakes things up and gives clients the service the expect.

The declining service levels to the motoring public is reaching epidemic levels across many well known brands. We all have stories to tell . The non profitability of workshops is the core problem , anyone in business knows you can't run at a loss and in the climate of continuous cost cutting you end up with bad service to the public. The old adage of if you pay peanuts you get monkeys is true, good staff are expensive. The DP and the OEM sole purpose is to make money so don't expect them to subsidise anything. Any competent automotive technician can make a good living as an independent agent, its time for the OEM'S​ to move away from ineffective big conglomerate workshops with their quotas and ineffective service and license your local enthusiastic qualified technicians to do the warranty work. My 2C worth!
    Birder

Honda CRV 2016
    Honda CRV 2006
    Swambo 1997 Toyota Corolla 1.3
    < 100k Km

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Birder For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel 4x4 View Post
    Take it to the top, Suzuki SA! That is service you expect from Ford, not Suzuki!
    Well said
    2018 Volvo XC60 D5 Momentum AWD (48mm SPACCER lift, BFG KO2's)
    2017 Volvo V40 T5 R-Design
    2020 Husqvarna 701 Enduro

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2