Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Very upset with Suzuki Menlyn

I took my Jimny for a service today at Suzuki Menlyn. It was the 45 000 km service so the car is still under warranty. I asked them to check my key because the remote buttons were not working to lock and unlock the car. When I went to pick up the Jimny the services sales lady said that they fixed the key but when I went to unlock the Jimny the remote was not working. I went back to the sales lady and told her the key was not working. She said that it did work and that I was not using it correctly, so I gave her the key and asked her to test the key. The sales lady also could not unlock the car. I asked her if they can fix the key so that I could leave. She reluctantly took the key and took it to the mechanic on site and they proceeded to bash it until it started working again! I asked them why they did that and the sales lady said they did it because there was a lose connection in the internal electronics part. I was a bit unset then and asked if they will fix the key again if it stops working tomorrow. She laughed at me and said no it is not their problem and walked away. The picture attached shows the damage they did to the plastic cover of the key. I do not know why they deliberately damaged my key as I was not rude or anything. I was a shocked at their attitude and did know what to do so I left. I do not know what to do about this but I do know that I will never go there again.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170308_150141.jpg 
Views:	359 
Size:	87.4 KB 
ID:	438007
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Re: Very upset with Suzuki Menlyn

Not cool behaviour at all. Report to DP. If your key still doesnt work, PM me, I have someone that can fix it.

Should have taken that up with the DP immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by xrapidx View Post
    Yes absolutely

Default Very upset with Suzuki Menlyn

Take it to the top, Suzuki SA! That is service you expect from Ford, not Suzuki!
    Last edited by Rebel 4x4; 2017/03/08 at 07:16 PM.
    Sent from my iPhone

I popped in there after the engine warning light came on, asked them just to check the code so that one could see if it serious or something insignificant.
    They gave me the middle finger. Since then my wallet has been walking elsewhere to buy parts.
    Bought a diagnostic tester and service the car myself.

Kyk, ek sou dit behoorlik verloor het met so 'n attitude.

Dalk nog 'n klap of twee uitgedeel het ook 'n paar jaar terug.

Maar yes, so 'n dealership sien my nooit weer nie.

En ek sal daai twee moegoes by die naam noem in my verhaal op sosiale media. Waarheid en openbare belang.
    Nico Swart

Triton 2.5DiD D/C with SS
    ZS6NJS

One day, or Day One. You decide. Tomorrow is promised for no one!

Name and shame...
    Unfortunately that's the only way to get any kind of joy out of them these days.... I also had a terrible service at menlyn. Not many branches that's better though....
    Creeper

Jimny 1.3 - Radial cup Protectors, Front & Center Bash Plates, 50mm EFS's, Rock Sliders, Front Recovery Points, Snorkel.

Maybe I should of gone to the DP immediately but I was worried that I was going to lose it and make a scene as I could feel my temper rising. I will go there tomorrow and talk to the DP and see what happens.

Contact "Suzuki SA".

They used to be serious about these things. Hope they still are.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisF View Post
    Contact "Suzuki SA".

They used to be serious about these things. Hope they still are.
    I have to say that I have only received exceptional service from Suzuki Bramley.
    It must be a Pretoria thing cause I left my Centurion dealer and drive through to Bramley for every service.
    It is worth the drive (and e-toll) to go through to Bramley.
    Never do anything you don't want to explain to the Paramedics!!

2013 Suzuki Jimny - SWAMBO's terror
    2010 Toyota D4-D DC 4x4
    2001 Nissan DC 3.0 4x4 - RIP

And at the end of all of this, it is probably the battery in the key fob that needs replacement.
    Mine started acting up after about 40 000 kms, and with the battery replaced - you can do it yourself - everything is working again.
    Really don't know where the so-called loose connection came in (there is only a printed circuit board in there) but surely banging the key would not have solved it.
    1984 SJ 410 ("Ben Laden" ) sold
    2013 Jimny ("Seuntjie") Wizerd rock sliders and underwear, Steering damper
    2011 Suzuki Grand Vitara 2.4 ("Moeder") DASTEK chip (Sold)
    2010 Audi S3 ("Silvo")
    2013 VW Touareg V6 TDi ("Geit")
    2 bicycles ("Blitz" and "Monstrosity")
    2014 SYM 300i GTS Scooter ("Babatjie")

My Brother had terrible service at Centurion as well.
    To such an extent, that he sold his Jimny for that reason..
    I like Suzuki's but would never buy one because of the experience he had with service..
    Toyota Hilux 4.0 V6 DC A/T

Quote Originally Posted by Nico Wassermann View Post
    And at the end of all of this, it is probably the battery in the key fob that needs replacement.
    Mine started acting up after about 40 000 kms, and with the battery replaced - you can do it yourself - everything is working again.
    Really don't know where the so-called loose connection came in (there is only a printed circuit board in there) but surely banging the key would not have solved it.
    Mine also stopped working the other day. I replaced the battery but that didnt fix it. Eventually found and electronic engineer and he found a surface mount resistor that came undone. Resoldered it and its working properly again. The loose component was likely as a result of dropping the keys. So banging it will probably make it worse.

Quote Originally Posted by MariusT View Post
    Mine also stopped working the other day. I replaced the battery but that didnt fix it. Eventually found and electronic engineer and he found a surface mount resistor that came undone. Resoldered it and its working properly again. The loose component was likely as a result of dropping the keys. So banging it will probably make it worse.
    Yes it will make it worse...
    2015 Isuzu KB250 D/C 4x4 HO LE - Mine

Quote Originally Posted by Nico Wassermann View Post
    SWAMBO has already told me the same thing but I had already changed the battery.

In any case I went to the dealership today but they were not interested. The DP promised to phone me back but has not done so.

I decided to try and fix the key remote myself. I took it apart with assistance from some of the other guys at work. There was a loose connection which is now fixed so the remote is working again. Those surface mounted resistors and stuff are small, I needed a magnifier just to see them.
    Last edited by TonyJimny; 2017/03/09 at 03:46 PM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to TonyJimny For This Useful Post:

The reason we keep getting worse and worse service in SA is because companies and people are allowed to get away with it.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xrapidx For This Useful Post:

Banging it could make it work for a while and get the angry customer out of your face if it is a loose soldering joint. Bang it enough and it could make contact. Drive off and the vibrations sever the contact again but then it isnt your problem anymore.
    I'm gonna put a curse on you and all your kids will be born completely naked.

The reason we keep getting worse and worse service in SA is because companies and people are allowed to get away with it.
    It might be so but I think something bigger is at play.

The people who work at places like these are regular people like you and me.

People who are underpaid, not being able to make a living, having to deal with an increasingly complex work environment and very little (if any) support from management, their communities or the government.

We, as a society, have moved down quite a bit on Maslow's famous little pyramid. As Hunter S.Thompson said - we are all now wired into a survival trip.
    I'm gonna put a curse on you and all your kids will be born completely naked.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to albertvl For This Useful Post:

Need to agree. Although the companies get away with murder as not enough ppl complain and to many give up before its resolved and it got to the right ppl. So tomorrow the same just happens again to the next guy because nothing ever happens to the employee.

We make it a point, that even a small issue gets escalated till the top. That way the useless employees get their warning and if enough ppl do this they get fired. Or they start to do their work.

Ppl don't have pride in their work anymore as everyone just excepts everything, eventhough it's horrible work. I work at Alot of places and the things I see out there are terrible, I can't see how my clients accepted the work in the first place.... Sorry for the guys that do work for me but you'll do your work 10x over if I not happy. I have high standard.

In the end it's us that causes terrible services as we accept laziness and don't complian.

I can't say this enough, COMPLIAN ppl. It's the only way service are going to become better again.

But yes. Best branch are Bramley. They are not perfect. Not at all. We had our runnings there aswell but Clive, the owner are very involved and don't like bad service from his staff. He have an open door policy so anyone can go speak to him. He will invite you in with a smile and he'll make sure your problem gets sorted. No need to go to suzuki SA as Clive are the highest you need to go. Excellent branch.

Can get discount from them aswell, if enough Jimny's vouch to go there we can get around 10% discount on services and other work.... They are flexible.

Not tgat a branch would see me ever again, but if I ever have to it will be bramley and no other.
    Creeper

Jimny 1.3 - Radial cup Protectors, Front & Center Bash Plates, 50mm EFS's, Rock Sliders, Front Recovery Points, Snorkel.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to GremlinCreeper For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast