Disco 2 TD5 Key fob lost sync with BCU PLEASE HELP!!!

Default Disco 2 TD5 Key fob lost sync with BCU PLEASE HELP!!!

Nightmares do come true! My Key lost sync with my vehicle's BCU about a month ago and have been unable to drive the car since. EKA doesn't work, Land Rover N1 City also tried and concluded the BCU must have been changed or EKA code changed in the past. I have been through 2 locksmiths and neither of them could assist - they happily took my money though! Land Rover N1 City quoted me R15k to repair earlier today - which includes a new BCU and 2 new keys. Apparently it is impossible to get into the BCU with the car immobilized.

I am ideally in need of someone to assist me with a Nanocom Evolution - as i understand it is the only diagnostic tool that can resync an already programmed fob with only the key and the car (no codes needed).

Alternatively, i need to get my hands on a second hand BCU together with a programmed key on the cheap.

Any advice or suggestions would also be appreciated.

PLease assist me, me and my family (include my 1 year old Dalmatian Max) will be you forever grateful!

Default Re: Disco 2 TD5 Key fob lost sync with BCU PLEASE HELP!!!

I think Gateway in Brackenfell will be able to assist.

Try them, I think they had this problem a few times before.Or any indie for that matter
    Leon Volschenk
    Discovery 3 V8

Quote Originally Posted by Ettienne le Roux View Post
    Nightmares do come true! My Key lost sync with my vehicle's BCU about a month ago and have been unable to drive the car since. EKA doesn't work, Land Rover N1 City also tried and concluded the BCU must have been changed or EKA code changed in the past. I have been through 2 locksmiths and neither of them could assist - they happily took my money though! Land Rover N1 City quoted me R15k to repair earlier today - which includes a new BCU and 2 new keys. Apparently it is impossible to get into the BCU with the car immobilized.

I am ideally in need of someone to assist me with a Nanocom Evolution - as i understand it is the only diagnostic tool that can resync an already programmed fob with only the key and the car (no codes needed).

Alternatively, i need to get my hands on a second hand BCU together with a programmed key on the cheap.

Any advice or suggestions would also be appreciated.

PLease assist me, me and my family (include my 1 year old Dalmatian Max) will be you forever grateful!
    Try Land Rover Centre in Southfield. They replaced my bcu and got locked out the car but managed to get it all working and installed an inexpensive bcu for me. Chat to Rory - he knows what he is doing and won't shaft you.

PM sent.
    Cheers,
    John

Rover P6
    Land Rover Discovery II Td5 Manual
    Range Rover P38 HSE
    Moto Guzzi LeMans
    Aprilia Tuono V2