Garmin BaseCamp - Tips & Tricks - Page 5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Default Re: Garmin BaseCamp - Tips & Tricks

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Ross View Post
    Thanks. Mine does not do that.
    1. When I 'select' and right click the drop down does not have 'open'. I do have 'properties' for individual tracks but when I have the 'groups' selected the Properties label is not useable.
    I now find I can get around it by 'joining tracks' and then 'properties' works and I can change colour for the selected group and save that. That is a step forward for which thanks but it would be so much easier of one could just change the default.
    2. My device is Nuvi 2440 (i think, it's in the car down stairs) and I don't see any setting for auto timezone. I will take a look next time I am in the car. It does sound logical to have that.

Thanks again.

AR
    I just looked at your picture again. You are in Mapsource, not Basecamp? Is this correct? Post 3 explains from Basecamp.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Daniek For This Useful Post:

Yes. I am using Mapsource. I had been told that Basecamp was no longer supported.
    Albert

Progress might have been alright once, but it has gone on too long.

Yes. I am using Mapsource. I had been told that Basecamp was no longer supported.
    I think its visa versa!!

Ah. Mine works slightly different.
    I just plug in the device to PC and then search for 'archive' and or 'current' and then copy them to a folder on PC.
    When I work on that and go to close, I get the option to 'save this version' and I just 'Save as xx' and this leaves the original intact.
    Below is the reason for working slightly different

Both MapSource and BaseCamp is discontinued.

The last update for MapSource was v6.16.3 on 25 Ocktober 2010

The last update for BaseCamp was v4.7.0 on 23 May 2018
    Last edited by KobusDJ; 2019/08/05 at 06:35 AM.
    Kobus

Nissan

As Kobus states correctly Mapsource and Basecamp will not be updated again. In saying that, as Mapsource is still working, Basecamp will also continue to work. If you are used to Mapsource the change over to Basecamp might be daunting. But it must be said that Basecamp does have a couple of nice features that is not available in Mapsource. And if you put your mind to it, there is very little you can do in Mapsource that cannot be done somehow in Basecamp.

To a certain degree Basecamp was the life after Mapsource. It now seems as if Garmin Explore will be the life after Basecamp. How this life will be, will have to be "explored". It seems that at this stage as if it has limited compatibility to sync/talk to GPS units and chances are good that it will not be compatible with older devices.

Maybe, one day, there will be a Garmin Explore Tips & Tricks thread. But until then I will continue to use Basecamp as it does want I want to do now. And I still learn new "tricks" as I use it.

Cheers.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daniek For This Useful Post:

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5