When will SA see a new Suzuki Grand Vitara? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: When will SA see a new Suzuki Grand Vitara?

Quote Originally Posted by Nox View Post
    Yes, but lack of changes doesnt mean something stays the same price. Import costs, building costs, cost of employment with unions, electricity cost and a weakening Rand plus then the % markup from everyone in-between makes the Jimny go from R172000 at launch to R250 000 now.

You can bet the new one will be R300 000 or maybe more when it lands. It will still probably be cheaper than anything else that's out then.
    Vehicle prices are getting seriously insane, but still people continue to buy, and if they continue to buy new then they will continue to climb in price.
    I was just thinking the same thing Nox ....people continue to buy and car prices continue to climb....or vice versa 😉

Suzi Blue , 2008 Nocturne Blue Suzuki Grand Vitara 3.2 V6

Dobinson's 40mm suspension, Wizerd rock sliders, radiator, sump and diff plates
    Frontrunner RoofRack, NL 2nd Battery Box, Llumar sun protection
    16" Hyundai Tucson rims, 235/70R16 General Grabber AT3 tyres

Quote Originally Posted by daveysmith View Post
    I was just thinking the same thing Nox ....people continue to buy and car prices continue to climb....or vice versa 😉
    Hey at least some people are buying them so I can afford them once the value dropped.
    Last edited by Nox; 2017/02/01 at 01:47 PM.
    Mitsubishi ASX AWD top spec. - stock
    Land Rover Defender 90 2.8i - OME lift on 33" muds, bullbar, racks, freeflow.

Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0 CRD WK - Mud terain 32's, Spacers, Lift kit, GDE Tune.
    Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 3.8 JK - Mud terain tyres. Aftermarket mufflers.
    Jeep Cherokee
    3.7 Sport KK - 40mm EFS lift, Mud terrain tyres, Spacers, skids.
    Jeep Cherokee 3.7 Extreme Sport KJ - 40mm spacer lift
    Suzuki Jimny ジムニ - EFS lift, ARB bullbar, Custom Maniac Rocksliders, Mud tyres, etc etc.

Hey at least some people are buying them so I can afford them once the value dropped.
    I'd love to know how they do it - in 2012 I was considering a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (3.8) - upgraded various internals - the quote was just over R400,000. I decided against it as I heard the 3.6 was coming out and way better.

Look what happened to the price, its insane now.

There is no way I would pay that for a vehicle, and I'm not badly paid either. It makes me wonder how some people do it... or what they get paid. You can get an income generating flat or two for the price of a vehicle these days.

Quote Originally Posted by xrapidx View Post
    I'd love to know how they do it - in 2012 I was considering a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (3.8) - upgraded various internals - the quote was just over R400,000. I decided against it as I heard the 3.6 was coming out and way better.

There is no way I would pay that for a vehicle, and I'm not badly paid either. It makes me wonder how some people do it... or what they get paid. You can get an income generating flat or two for the price of a vehicle these days.
    Indeed.
    Yet chances are that those people with vehicles like that has two of them plus maybe two or three motorcycles plus a holiday home and a huge house and kids and the latest and greatest flat panel tv and maybe a boat.
    Mitsubishi ASX AWD top spec. - stock
    Land Rover Defender 90 2.8i - OME lift on 33" muds, bullbar, racks, freeflow.

Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0 CRD WK - Mud terain 32's, Spacers, Lift kit, GDE Tune.
    Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 3.8 JK - Mud terain tyres. Aftermarket mufflers.
    Jeep Cherokee
    3.7 Sport KK - 40mm EFS lift, Mud terrain tyres, Spacers, skids.
    Jeep Cherokee 3.7 Extreme Sport KJ - 40mm spacer lift
    Suzuki Jimny ジムニ - EFS lift, ARB bullbar, Custom Maniac Rocksliders, Mud tyres, etc etc.

In 2012 I paid R184k for mine new.
    So yes quite a bit more expensive but then something like an Amarok is R500k-R650k
    It's all relative. The Jimny is still the cheapest proper 4x4 you can buy.

They are awesome. I hope the new one is as good.
    Cheapest is the Thar at R199 900, then the Jimny - but your point is valid. I would still buy new, NOT second hand (referring to Jimny only) Some 2014's are still selling at R199 900 with 40 000km on clock. for R50 000 odd extra, I'll gladly fling my money at it *this time at the automatic!
    Sent from my iPhone

Different market, but I couldn't find a second hand Jimny I was willing to buy.

Friend of mine wanted to replace his Rubicon last year, walked out of the Jeep dealership laughing and bought a Fortuner......can't recall which was worse, the price or the waiting period.

Valid point Nox, considering local house prices a Jimny is a bargain.
    2016 Suzuki Gypsy MG413 - The PopeMobile

With regards to the grand Vitara, just buy the current one because its likely to be better than the next one.

As far as the Jimny goes, I was talking to a dealer who does both Fiat & Suzuki. He reckons that the excellent resale on used 500's is even beaten by the Jimny.

Quote Originally Posted by XJ Junkie View Post
    With regards to the grand Vitara, just buy the current one because its likely to be better than the next one.

As far as the Jimny goes, I was talking to a dealer who does both Fiat & Suzuki. He reckons that the excellent resale on used 500's is even beaten by the Jimny.
    TAS in PE?
    Sent from my iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by xrapidx View Post

Exchange rate over the last few years contributed to the insane prices. SA pays in $ when buying from the Americans. The price in $ stays constant, but when the Rand hippody hop, the value increases in Rands.

Typing this - I feel stupid, surely Jeep SA buys with FOREX. So it wouldn't matter to them.
    Sent from my iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel 4x4 View Post
    TAS in PE?
    Nah, Helderberg WC

Quote Originally Posted by XJ Junkie View Post
    Nah, Helderberg WC
    Ok. Weird that the franchise in PE also sells Jeep, Fiat and Suzuki...... like in CPT.

Is this relationship evident elsewhere in the country?
    Sent from my iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Samaya View Post
    A new GV should be here around 2018/2019.

Look at the Jeep Cherokee as Suzuki likes to take inspiration from them. I guess that the GV will have a 8/9 speed type box with the first gear being very low but not a proper low range. What I do hope for is that they have the normal drive as 4x2 and select 4x4. And I want a diesel or at least the inverse of my fuel consumption... 6km/l turned into 6l/100km would be great...
    NEVER!
    You can see Suzuki pick up the last gen products that manufacturers have lying around so you probably will be lucky
    to get a 6 speed auto/manual!
    Still make solid cars they just seem to like being a bit behind the curve...
    2009 Suzuki GV 3.2
    ex : 2010 Suzuki GV 2.4 M/T
    ex : 2007 Audi A4 2.0T - RS4 rear suspension

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel 4x4 View Post
    Ok. Weird that the franchise in PE also sells Jeep, Fiat and Suzuki...... like in CPT.

Is this relationship evident elsewhere in the country?
    No Jeep. Just Fiat & Suzuki

Quote Originally Posted by ColeGP View Post
    NEVER!
    You can see Suzuki pick up the last gen products that manufacturers have lying around so you probably will be lucky
    to get a 6 speed auto/manual!
    Still make solid cars they just seem to like being a bit behind the curve...

Ok fine... 7 speed then...

Somehow they always seem to put the wrong engines in the first iteration of a model. The current GV when it came out had a 2l 4cyl and a 2.7l V6. The V6 used a lot more fuel than my 3.2 and the 2l apparently aswell. Then they replaced with the 2.4 and 3.2 which were better (though the 2.4 had some block issues) and the 3.2 was/is bullet proof. Now its an improved 2.4 only. They only recently started using turbo's on their vehicles so there might be 2.4l turbo coming... should be good

But I still think they like Jeep way too much...
    2015 Isuzu KB250 D/C 4x4 LE - Mine / 2009 Suzuki Grand Vitara 3.2l V6 Auto - Hers

I think this current GV when released in 2008 had ground-breaking technology that only now some other manufacturers are implementing. ...

Keyless ignition, 6 air bags, esp, abs, ebd, heated mirrors, heated seats, climate control, pedestrian friendly crumple zones .....and then left off stupid little things like auto-locking and mp3 compatibility 🙄

Was laughing at an Audi friend the other day who told me the new ones will be keyless. ..🤗
    Last edited by daveysmith; 2017/02/02 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by daveysmith View Post
    I think this current GV when released in 2008 had ground-breaking technology that only now some other manufacturers are implementing. ...

Keyless ignition, 6 air bags, esp, abs, ebd, heated mirrors, heated seats, climate control, pedestrian friendly crumple zones .....and then left off stupid little things like auto-locking and mp3 compatibility 🙄
    I agree,not to mention xenon lights and permanent AWD. You have to buy top of the range amarok to get that combo, and it still doesn't have 6 airbags...

Quote Originally Posted by GKE View Post
    I agree,not to mention xenon lights and permanent AWD. You have to buy top of the range amarok to get that combo, and it still doesn't have 6 airbags...
    Knew I forgot something 😂....and self-levelling at that 👍

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2