HKGK - Hier kom groot kabouters

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default HKGK - Hier kom groot kabouters

Guys, we were informed that cANCer will put a motion forward "vote of no confidence" in Nelson Mandela Bay Mayor, Atholl Trollip.

Sounds like the UDM and few other parties might support the corrupt and ill informed (cANCer). I just wonder what the outcome be. Tomorrow will be a very important day for the DA.
    Last edited by Rebel 4x4; 2017/01/30 at 09:54 PM.
    Sent from my iPhone

Default Re: HKGK - Hier kom groot kabouters

All smoke and mirrors my boy.
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

Quote Originally Posted by jelo View Post
    All smoke and mirrors my boy.
    I see that. Glad Mayor Trollip lives after the failed coup
    Sent from my iPhone

https://www.rnews.co.za/article/1876...-expropriation

"So, on the 6th of April, as I conclude... the day Jan van Riebeek arrived; the day of the formation of the PAC by [Robert] Sobukwe; and the hanging of Solomon Mahlangu - in honour of these people, and to show that our seriousness about the issue of land, we will be passing a motion of no confidence on the Mayor of PE as a warning shot to the DA," Malema said.

It remains to been seen if the EFF will have enough votes to oust Trollip after it turned its back on the Nelson Mandela Bay opposition parties when they sought Trollip's removal.

Now I agree: HKGK in PE
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

So Juliaas is honoring JvR

"So, on the 6th of April, as I conclude... the day Jan van Riebeek arrived; the day of the formation of the PAC by [Robert] Sobukwe; and the hanging of Solomon Mahlangu - in honour of these people, and to show that our seriousness about the issue of land, we will be passing a motion of no confidence on the Mayor of PE as a warning shot to the DA," Malema said.

It remains to been seen if the EFF will have enough votes to oust Trollip after it turned its back on the Nelson Mandela Bay opposition parties when they sought Trollip's removal.
    Bloody ID-TEN-T

Ja, realistically he won't survived this one. In my first post, I wasn't sure if the EFF will vote against Trollip. But in this case, they (EFF) are the one's putting this motion forward.....It was a nice 1yr and 7 months under the DA administration. Now we are back to potholes, broken streetlights, unpainted road markings, corruption, corruption, corruption (oh, I typed that three times).....
    Sent from my iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel 4x4 View Post
    Ja, realistically he won't survived this one. In my first post, I wasn't sure if the EFF will vote against Trollip. But in this case, they (EFF) are the one's putting this motion forward.....It was a nice 1yr and 7 months under the DA administration. Now we are back to potholes, broken streetlights, unpainted road markings, corruption, corruption, corruption (oh, I typed that three times).....
    Did you really notice a difference? Must be honest, I stay in Pretoria and cant say that I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyknocker View Post
    Did you really notice a difference? Must be honest, I stay in Pretoria and cant say that I have.
    Big difference. Responsiveness to service delivery, and when reporting issues. Investments in projects to improve the city. Business investments etc. Oh, and the eradication of corruption.
    Sent from my iPhone

The Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF) says it will only vote with the African National Congress (ANC) in the Nelson Mandela Bay metro if former deputy Finance Minister Mcebisi Jonas is the candidate.
    Seems Trollip will be ok....Jonas is rumoured for SARS.

Julius backpedalling some

http://ewn.co.za/2018/03/01/eff-want...dela-bay-mayor
    1998 Daihatsu Rocky 'The Kitty'
    2002 Daihatsu Rocky 'The Bully'

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    Seems Trollip will be ok....Jonas is rumoured for SARS.

Julius backpedalling some

http://ewn.co.za/2018/03/01/eff-want...dela-bay-mayor
    Ek sien, ek sien - mooi opgelet. Mens moet maar tussen die lyne lees. Trollip gaan op sy tone gehou word vir nog 3 jaar as hy dié een survive.
    Last edited by Rebel 4x4; 2018/03/01 at 11:48 AM.
    Sent from my iPhone

Sorry guys,
    I normally stay out of non 4x4 issues but seeing this is my area I need to comment.

The DA is unfortunately also just a bunch of politicians which manipulate the truth. They are populist. They used the educated to give them information to use against the ANC but are now ignoring and manipulating the truth. They are after the mass vote.

If you guys want to see what they are like, get invited to one of there so called council meetings. The behavior is frightening. There is no interest in the content of the reports but rather how it can be manipulated.

They may not be nearly as bad as the other parties but they are definitely on a mission to win votes, at almost any cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzie View Post
    Sorry guys,
    I normally stay out of non 4x4 issues but seeing this is my area I need to comment.

The DA is unfortunately also just a bunch of politicians which manipulate the truth. They are populist. They used the educated to give them information to use against the ANC but are now ignoring and manipulating the truth. They are after the mass vote.

If you guys want to see what they are like, get invited to one of there so called council meetings. The behavior is frightening. There is no interest in the content of the reports but rather how it can be manipulated.

They may not be nearly as bad as the other parties but they are definitely on a mission to win votes, at almost any cost.
    What do you think will happen on 6 April? I have a funny feeling that Trollip will be toast.
    Sent from my iPhone

Yes I think he will be. He needs the alliance to stay together and I don't think that will happen, but being politics you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyknocker View Post
    Not much of a difference in PE since the DA was voted in, I am afraid.

Hopefully this works out.

Athol Trollip’s campaign to remain as Nelson Mandela Metro mayor received a major boost at the eleventh hour this evening, after the Patriotic Alliance resolved to support the Democratic Alliance, when the motion of no confidence vote against Trollip is tabled Thursday.At 6:30pm PA’s president Gayton Mckenzie told the Daily Dispatch that they had decided to support the DA .

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    Hopefully this works out.
    But at what cost. Apparently deputy Mayor and head of Safety and Security. Don't trust Gayton McKenzie further than I could throw your Landy.
    Love your neighbour. That’s about it, it’ll be the world we want.

Quote Originally Posted by Gungets Tuft View Post
    But at what cost. Apparently deputy Mayor and head of Safety and Security. Don't trust Gayton McKenzie further than I could throw your Landy.
    Probably Deputy Mayor. That is going to ruffle other coalition party weathers and 2 months down the line another vote of no confidence will be proposed..... Never ending story.
    Sent from my iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Gungets Tuft View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel 4x4 View Post
    Probably Deputy Mayor. That is going to ruffle other coalition party weathers and 2 months down the line another vote of no confidence will be proposed..... Never ending story.
    This is all that seems to be in the media so far.

THE deputy mayor position and mayoral committee member in charge of roads and transport – that is what the DA agreed to hand over to the Patriotic Alliance (PA) in exchange for its one vote in the council to keep Athol Trollip on as mayor of Nelson Mandela Bay.This is according to PA president Gayton McKenzie, who said last night they had clinched the deal with the DA.
    However, Trollip said there was no formal agreement in place and he would thus not comment until he had spoken directly to McKenzie about his decision.
    “Until there is a formal agreement, I will not be commenting on anything that is being discussed behind closed doors,” he said.
    “I have not spoken to Gayton McKenzie today [yesterday].
    “Until I’ve spoken to him and found out what his actual position is, I’m not going to he making any comments.
    “When I’ve spoken to him and we have discussed it as party leaders, I will make a comment.”

Gayton Makenzie is a convicted criminal - he met the sushi king Kenny Kunene in jail while serving time.

They opened the ZAR clubs in Jo'burg and Cape town- colorful character.

2011 VW Touareg V.8 TDI
    2006 VW Touareg 3.0 TDi air suspension aka Pumba ( sold)
    2003 Pajero IO 2.0 aka Bosvark

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast