Advice on 2nd hand purchase please!





Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    30
    Posts
    28
    Thanked: 0

    Default Advice on 2nd hand purchase please!

    Good afternoon forumites.

    After a very long time i decided to sell my platkar, so i'm in the market for something else now.
    I have a "massive" budget of around 140K and this needs to be financed as well, so nothing earlier than 2007.
    I really want the vehicle i'm buying to be 4x4, and i really like the practicality of a super cab type of bakkie.

    Its only my fiancÚ, myself and the two dogs that need to fit.

    Any suggestions, leads or ideas?

    Am I being overoptimistic by thinking ill find something good in this price range?


    Last edited by KJeep; 2017/01/27 at 02:06 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Roodepoort
    Posts
    1,239
    Thanked: 880

    Default Re: Advice on 2nd hand purchase please!

    Nissan Patrols

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    30
    Posts
    28
    Thanked: 0

    Default Re: Advice on 2nd hand purchase please!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rustie View Post
    Nissan Patrols
    Younger than '06 and under 140000?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Alberton
    Age
    31
    Posts
    183
    Thanked: 151

    Default Re: Advice on 2nd hand purchase please!

    Does it have to be bakkie?

    There are some nice 4x4 2..0dci xtrails on gumtree with under 160kkm on
    A journey is a person in itself; no two are alike. And all plans, safeguards, policing, and coercion are fruitless. We find that after years of struggle that we do not take a trip; a trip takes us.
    John Steinbeck

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Durban
    Age
    40
    Posts
    379
    Thanked: 191

    Default Re: Advice on 2nd hand purchase please!

    Quote Originally Posted by KJeep View Post
    Good afternoon forumites.

    After a very long time i decided to sell my platkar, so i'm in the market for something else now.
    I have a "massive" budget of around 140K and this needs to be financed as well, so nothing earlier than 2007.
    I really want the vehicle i'm buying to be 4x4, and i really like the practicality of a super cab type of bakkie.

    Its only my fiancÚ, myself and the two dogs that need to fit.

    Any suggestions, leads or ideas?

    Am I being overoptimistic by thinking ill find something good in this price range?


    http://www.autotrader.co.za/price/le...4x4-AWD/search

    Steer clear of Discovery 3 TDV6's...
    Last edited by Quirky; 2017/01/27 at 02:19 PM.
    "I am a hypocrite but i try not to be..."

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Alberton
    Age
    31
    Posts
    183
    Thanked: 151

    Default Re: Advice on 2nd hand purchase please!

    Or second hand jimny

    The dogs love the jimny!!

    We have the new xtrail for dog shows but when we say "kom ons gaan ry" 3/4 run to the Jimny yet they drive in the xtrail more often .
    A journey is a person in itself; no two are alike. And all plans, safeguards, policing, and coercion are fruitless. We find that after years of struggle that we do not take a trip; a trip takes us.
    John Steinbeck

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Alberton
    Age
    31
    Posts
    183
    Thanked: 151

    Default Re: Advice on 2nd hand purchase please!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Prent1.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	433436

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Prent2.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	88.9 KB 
ID:	433441


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Prent3.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	111.1 KB 
ID:	433442
    Last edited by Wessel_JHB; 2017/01/27 at 02:29 PM.
    A journey is a person in itself; no two are alike. And all plans, safeguards, policing, and coercion are fruitless. We find that after years of struggle that we do not take a trip; a trip takes us.
    John Steinbeck

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    30
    Posts
    28
    Thanked: 0

    Default Re: Advice on 2nd hand purchase please!

    Quote Originally Posted by Wessel_JHB View Post
    Or second hand jimny

    The dogs love the jimny!!

    We have the new xtrail for dog shows but when we say "kom ons gaan ry" 3/4 run to the Jimny yet they drive in the xtrail more often .
    Hahaha your dogs are lovely!!
    I have the problem where one of my ones is a rapidly growing doberman, and he's pretty rough! Thus me leaning towards a bakkie. Ill look in to the X- Trails, i have always liked them.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Alberton
    Age
    31
    Posts
    183
    Thanked: 151

    Default Re: Advice on 2nd hand purchase please!

    Quote Originally Posted by KJeep View Post
    Hahaha your dogs are lovely!!
    I have the problem where one of my ones is a rapidly growing doberman, and he's pretty rough! Thus me leaning towards a bakkie. Ill look in to the X- Trails, i have always liked them.
    Hmmm ja Dobe wont fit in the jimny i do see there are plenty Ford supercabs and double cabs. the 3.0tdci models. Friend of mine drives one and loves his but dont know them at all myself.
    A journey is a person in itself; no two are alike. And all plans, safeguards, policing, and coercion are fruitless. We find that after years of struggle that we do not take a trip; a trip takes us.
    John Steinbeck

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    30
    Posts
    28
    Thanked: 0

    Default Re: Advice on 2nd hand purchase please!

    Quote Originally Posted by Wessel_JHB View Post
    Hmmm ja Dobe wont fit in the jimny i do see there are plenty Ford supercabs and double cabs. the 3.0tdci models. Friend of mine drives one and loves his but dont know them at all myself.
    I have been looking at those and i really like them a lot. Can anyone comment on the reliability, fuel consumption etc of the 3.0tdci ranger motors?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Bloemfontein
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,960
    Thanked: 1184

    Default Re: Advice on 2nd hand purchase please!

    Quote Originally Posted by KJeep View Post
    I have been looking at those and i really like them a lot. Can anyone comment on the reliability, fuel consumption etc of the 3.0tdci ranger motors?
    The 4x4's tend to eat gearboxes and sometimes front diffs; check the Ford and Mazda sections regarding this and for its fixes. But that 3.0 TDCI engine is a gem. The Mazda BT-50 2600i petrol was also great, although no ball of fire and a bit of a drinker.
    2001 Gen 3 Pajero swb 3.2 Di-D

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •