Catembe Bridge and Moz Fuel Prices

Default Catembe Bridge and Moz Fuel Prices

An update i recieved from the Investor on the proposed Catembe bridge linking Maputo to Catembe and the Ponta road .
    I think ferry's should be kept alive though , they are nostalgic , and bring a hint of adventure to any travels .

The fuel price saving might mean a couple extra cold 2M for us .

Bridge Will Come to Catembe, Promises Simango
    The candidate of Mozambique's ruling Frelimo Party for mayor of Maputo, David Simango, on Saturday promised residents of Catembe that a bridge will soon be built across Maputo Bay, linking Catembe to the centre of the city. "Yesterday I was working with some members of the government", Simango declared, "they assured me that I could promise you that in the near future we will have the bridge. Though I'm not saying it will be tomorrow". The possibility of building a bridge to Catembe has been raised for many years, but only now is a serious attempt being made to mobilize funds for the bridge. The scale of this task, however, means that the bridge will be a responsibility of the central government, not of Maputo City Council. Simango added that he would work to ensure that the 120 kilometer road from Catembe to Ponta de Ouro is tarred in the near future. (aim)

Mozambique fuel prices declining sharply
    The Mozambican government has announced a new drop in fuel prices taking effect immediately. The price of petrol declined from 41.62MT (US$1.71) to 37,36MT (US$1.53) per liter, diesel from 33.35MT (US$1.37) to 31.00MT (US$1.27) and kerosene from 29,33MT (US$1.20) to 26,75MT (US$1.10). Namburete indicated that fuel prices may suffer a further drop before the festive season should its reduction on the international market continue

correct me here if im way out

petrol 37.36 mt / 2.4 = R15.50/lt
    diesel 31.00 mt /2.4 = R12.91/lt