Default Botswana Trip Report Sept/Oct 2016

Botswana Trip Report
    September/October 2016
    Parr's Halt/Stockpoort Border
    Tuuthebe Lodge & Camping
    CKGR ( Sunday, Piper & Kori )
    Kubu Island
    Khama Rhino Sanctuary

Welcome to contact for any more details or suggestions!

Thank you.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by rontgen_za; 2017/01/21 at 01:30 PM.
    Heinrich
    @rontgen_za
    Isuzu KB300 Dteq 2010

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to rontgen_za For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Botswana Trip Report 2016

Nice report
    Thks

The bigfoot oak at matsware - did that allow you to make bookings and pay bigfoot at the gate ?

That would be nice for those spur of the moment trips to ckgr

Dec - ie start of wet season - transforms the entire ckgr into something completely magical

By mid to late Jan you should have mud driving skills in your aresenal - but not too bad - you would be unlucky to get badly stuck

I think Feb till april only a two vehicle sorty is the way to go

I want to research where all the thousands of bokkies come from and go to for the rainy season

Quote Originally Posted by RossJ View Post
    Nice report
    Thks

The bigfoot oak at matsware - did that allow you to make bookings and pay bigfoot at the gate ?

That would be nice for those spur of the moment trips to ckgr

Dec - ie start of wet season - transforms the entire ckgr into something completely magical

By mid to late Jan you should have mud driving skills in your aresenal - but not too bad - you would be unlucky to get badly stuck

I think Feb till april only a two vehicle sorty is the way to go

I want to research where all the thousands of bokkies come from and go to for the rainy season
    Thank you, RossJ.

We added an extra vehicle at late notice and they advised us to pay for this at the gate. This was the same for the DWNP side of the booking.
    We however had the reservation before hand - so I'm not sure if they will turn you away if you arrive without any reservations. They were very helpful and we got everything sorted out quickly. They seemed very well equipped with invoice books and documentation and were also on the phone to which we believed was their reservations office - with other clients who were there.

The Wetseason must be something to witness, not sure if I'm ready to tackle the mud as yet - but I'm sure it would be worth it seeing the huge numbers of game.
    I must add we didn't go as much for the gameviewing, thankfully with the wonderful trip reports and info everyone posted on the forum, we were attracted by the solitude and the Kalahari - so any sightings were a bonus!

Thanks for the info!
    Heinrich
    @rontgen_za
    Isuzu KB300 Dteq 2010

5. The Following User Says Thank You to rontgen_za For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RossJ View Post
    The bigfoot oak at matsware - did that allow you to make bookings and pay bigfoot at the gate?
    I have asked the Bigfoot rep at the Matswere Gate Office this exact question. His reply was yes they can do drive-in bookings. However I must say that on some occasions the Bigfoot guys were missing at the gate. The DWNP staff can also do bookings and take payment for their campsites but have no control over and no idea of bookings available for the Bigfoot camps.
    Landcruiser 76SW.

“Great journeys are memorable not so much for what you saw, but for where you camped”.

At least "Once a year go someplace you have never been before" Delai Lama.

Trans East Africa 2015/2016 Trip report http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/...e16?highlight= from post 315.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Stan Weakley For This Useful Post: