Wild Earth RTT

Thread: Wild Earth RTT

Default Wild Earth RTT

Anybody with experience with the Wild Earth roof top tent Trying to decide between a clamshell like that or the Bundutec

Default Re: Wild Earth RTT

We have had a WildEarth for over two years now and I have not seen anything to beat it. Being retired, we have more time to travel than most, and I suppose we have spent at least 120 - 150 nights in it. I sleep better in there than at home.

I am baffled by this Bundutop thing, and can only imagine that the current generation just feels uncomfortable without electricity and remote controls . The Wildearth takes perhaps 60 seconds longer to erect, mainly to put the steel struts into the afdak thing. It has more headroom where it counts, only two moving parts (the gas struts), and doesn't have electric motors to make a noise. It has a light inside.

If, at the age of 73, I find the Wildearth no effort to erect and strike, I really don't know why anyone needs to do it by remote control.

The attached photo was taken last month in Northern Mocambique and shows 5 bakkies with Wildearth tents. We have travelled with these people before, and over the past 3 years the number of these tents has increased from 1 to 5 purely due to seeing how they perform.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Stranger

Lusted for a Landy but the Pajero was sexier and bigger in the right departments, just like my Missus.

2004 Gen 3. 3.8i petrol V6 (PAJTU)
    X Factor Bundutop trailer (designed by me)
    1998 Blister Fender Pajero 3500 24V (PAJ) (Sold)
    BMW R1200R

I am also very happy with my Wild Earth - solid construction and as RodS said "no effort to erect or strike". I bought mine direct from Wild Earth (they are manufactured in Killarney Gardens, Cape Town) and I was very satisfied with the service I got from Niell, he also fitted the tent at no cost.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by lrswb; 2017/01/27 at 09:00 PM.
    1951 Land Rover Series I 80" 2-litre ioe tilt (project)
    1975 Land Rover Series III 88" 2.25 p soft top (workhorse)
    1998 Land Rover Defender 90 2.8i CSW (expedition vehicle)
    1977 Land Rover Series III 109" 2.25 p station wagon (sold)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to lrswb For This Useful Post:

Well I have the cheaper Hannibal Impi RTT - same design - and can confirm no hassle in erecting or taking down. Bought the Impi as it was lighter(60kg) than the Wild Earth and more suitable for my Jimny.
    Last edited by Paul Dold; 2017/01/27 at 11:16 PM.

ďAfrica changes you forever, like nowhere on earth. Once you have been there, you will never be the same." - Ernest Hemingway