Hilux Revo Accessories Thread

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Default Hilux Revo Accessories Thread

Thought I'd start a Thread where we can exchange ideas / pics / websites to discuss accessories on the new Hilux Revo.

Canopies, replacement bumpers, OE accessories, rear bumpers, tyres, suspensions, etc etc etc.

I am getting my Hilux over the weekend or so, and have already ordered the following (I'll post links wherever I can, maybe this can help, also PLEASE share your thoughts/links):

1) Dash Cover from Escape........I've found this really really handy for storing ID's, cards, shades, pens etc etc.

2) Seat Covers from Escape.......My favourite Supplier.

3) Rubber Mat Set from Escape..As Above

4) Center Console Safe from 4x4 Direct......Great for cash/passports/illegal diamonds etc etc

5) I have also ordered the black Fender Strips from Toyota

6) And the black rubber door strips.....looks cool.

7) Rear replacement bumper from Onca. That chrome bumper looks bloody HORRIBLE. And Onca charges around R 10500, fitted......the towbar and "pipe" bumpers from Toyota are more expensive than that!! See here...........http://onca4x4.co.za/product/hilux-revo-towbar/

8) I'd like a canopy - the RSI canopies seem way to go?? I'm looking at something with flip-up doors, forward window must slide, and a built-in table. Also sliding side windows. I also did'nt buy a rollbar/tounneau cover - you ALWAYS scratch the canopy/body when fitting it with a rollbar. And the canopy will be more on than off. Still, I'd like to be able to remove the canopy VERY easily, and will even have outside grab handles made on the canopy for that reason.

This is still on my Wishlist:

1) Drawer System at the rear

2) OME or similar suspension

3) Tyres

4) Dual Battery Setup

5) Replacement Front Bumper, together with upgraded suspension and tyres.......something like this.........http://onca4x4.co.za/product/revo-namib-edition-rx/

PLEASE keep the ideas and pics coming Guys!!

Attached are pics of the Onca Rear Bumper/Towbar, and Replacement Front Bumper.8).........what do you think about that Rear Bumper/Towbar??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	revo-namib-edition-RX-510x560.jpg 
Views:	1918 
Size:	57.2 KB 
ID:	431327   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	REVO-RXT-EDITION-510x340.jpg 
Views:	2483 
Size:	36.8 KB 
ID:	431328   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HILUX-REVO-TOWBAR-510x287.jpg 
Views:	2681 
Size:	30.8 KB 
ID:	431329  
    Of COURSE I have a Bad Habit. I take Tea at Three (Mick Jagger)

Default Re: Hilux Revo Accessories Thread

Escape Gear stuff.........they have lekker goodies, also look at their äccessories".............http://www.escapegear.co.za/

Toyota SA Accessories..................http://www.toyota.co.za/ranges/hilux...ab#accessories

4x4Direct Revo Accessories.................http://www.4x4direct.co.za/822-hilux-2016-onwards-revo

Here's that center console safe at 4x4Direct......................http://www.4x4direct.co.za/centre-co...ilux-revo.html

What do you Guys think - the rear bumper/towbar on a white Hilux.

Black, Grey or colourcoded white??

White gaat dalk so bietjie zef lyk.............

Ek like nogal die grys, soos op die pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Petri ek is glad nie 'n fan van hoe Wilddog se voor bumpers lyk nie, maar op fotos lyk hulle agter bumpers lekker. Egter nie seker oor hulle prys/ kwaliteit nie - ken hulle glad nie

Thanks Wic!!

Anyone knows how strong that drop plates are, as in above Onca bumper?? They "look" flimsy, but I think I'm completely wrong here.
    I like that bumper - looks clean, and the drop plate is removable.......and IF you scratch something, it's only the drop plate.

I think the bumpers look good, but they would have to be black if it were mine. Good luck with the mods and done forget to post photos.
    Ross

Hmmm - Ross yes, I think you may be right. Black is best I think, with the white, the mud flaps and the chrome rear handle.

Guys, where is the reverse camera - hopefully not in the OE bumper?? Cause then I have a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Petri Oosthuizen View Post
    Thanks Wic!!

Anyone knows how strong that drop plates are, as in above Onca bumper?? They "look" flimsy, but I think I'm completely wrong here.
    I like that bumper - looks clean, and the drop plate is removable.......and IF you scratch something, it's only the drop plate.

Petri ek het Onca op die Yank Ranger. Al vêr oor die 3.5 ton gesleep meer as eenmaal. Hulle is moer sterk. Daar is `n gusset agter die plaat gesweis.
    It is not what you buy its what you build.

This looks good (might look crap from the side though) gives a nice idea of the black on white, steps look the part as well!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    FJC - Just Cruising

Christo - ja wat, ek sien ook baie boere met so tipe plate agter hulle bakkies.

Grips - that bumper is VERY nice. I like the bumpers without the "loops" . But I think you must do the whole kaboom there - bumper, tyres and suspension.

Daai Revo Namib bumper is baie mooi.
    Francois

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Francois111 For This Useful Post:

Guys, I'll also need a canopy for :

1) Taking the kids to school on Mondays, with their stuff dry at the back
    2) Loading the occasional drivers and jumpers and batteries and can of petrol in at the back when I go to collect cars in GP.
    3) Occasional camping with my 2 boys, Lesotho or Sterkfontein trips.
    4) I wo'nt be loading "farm stuff"like lusern bale or klipsout etc etc - have a Cruiser for that.

What I like:

1) Canopy must have flip-up sides, and preferably also side windows that slide.
    2) Front window must slide open.
    3) Must be able to carry a roofrack for occasional trips where I need to pack my Oztent and gazebo.
    4) I'll very probably look at some drawer system in the future to keep things nice and tidy.........but not now.
    5) Must be reasonably easy to take on/off - that's why I did not install a rollbar.
    6) Price is always an issue, but I'd rather pay a little more for a well finished off product.
    7) Must be reasonably customisable, like a table here, roofrack there, lighting, etc etc

............what canopies are nice??

I've looked at :

1) Rhinoman
    2) Rock Solid Industries
    3) ARB

...........THANKS!!

Guys, I'll also need a canopy for :

1) Taking the kids to school on Mondays, with their stuff dry at the back
    2) Loading the occasional drivers and jumpers and batteries and can of petrol in at the back when I go to collect cars in GP.
    3) Occasional camping with my 2 boys, Lesotho or Sterkfontein trips.
    4) I wo'nt be loading "farm stuff"like lusern bale or klipsout etc etc - have a Cruiser for that.

What I like:

1) Canopy must have flip-up sides, and preferably also side windows that slide.
    2) Front window must slide open.
    3) Must be able to carry a roofrack for occasional trips where I need to pack my Oztent and gazebo.
    4) I'll very probably look at some drawer system in the future to keep things nice and tidy.........but not now.
    5) Must be reasonably easy to take on/off - that's why I did not install a rollbar.
    6) Price is always an issue, but I'd rather pay a little more for a well finished off product.
    7) Must be reasonably customisable, like a table here, roofrack there, lighting, etc etc

............what canopies are nice??

I've looked at :

1) Rhinoman
    2) Rock Solid Industries
    3) ARB

...........THANKS!!
    Maybe also look at RLD, also very nice canopies and slightly less than the others for the same build quality and strength. Can carry 500kg on the canopy.
    Kenneth

2020 Mercedes X - Class X250 4x4 Power

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Kennyg For This Useful Post:

Kyk na www.steeltop.co.za vir canopy. Ek het een op my Legend 45. Color coded met gull wings. Puik kwaliteit en stofdig.

http://sammitr.co.za
    Last edited by khakibos; 2017/01/15 at 06:20 AM. Reason: .
    2015 DC Hilux Legend 45 3L D4D 4x4 AT (His)
    2017 VW T6 Kombi (Hers)

Thanks Khaki - but it must be the flip-up side doors, preferably. Easy to access a fridge etc etc from the side.8)

Kenneth thanks, will have a peep.

I see Frontrunner makes a clever looking drawer system for the Revo.....have a look here. Also some nice other stuff.

Their RSI canopy WITH slimline roofrack also looks great. Expensive, yes. Die prys van 'n blerrie Tazz!!

https://www.frontrunneroutfitters.co...ux-revo-165629

You can order the gull wings (flip up). I've got it on mine and yes it makes accessing the fridge etc very easy.
    2015 DC Hilux Legend 45 3L D4D 4x4 AT (His)
    2017 VW T6 Kombi (Hers)

19. The Following User Says Thank You to khakibos For This Useful Post:

Thanks again Khaki!!

I also saw my pal's Rhinocab this morning - also VERY nice. I like the "rounded" angles - you do'nt see the canopy in your rear view mirror.
    He does complain about it being a tad noisy at speed, though.

For what it's Worth........may be helpful to someone:

Just bought the rear bumper/towbar from Onca 4x4.

Price worked out at R 10 828, that includes the wiring loom, fitment, finished in black, complete with everything and ready to use.

That rear step bumper from Toyota works out at .............................. R 4776
    Towbar at Toyota............................................ ........................R 4233
    Wiring Loom at Toyota............................................ ..................R 1746
    Fitment........................................... .....................................R 750

TOTAL............................................. .....................................R 11 578.

Just FYI - not saying which is better etc etc. I went for the Onca setup, REALLY do'nt like those rear chrome bumpers, and my departure angle over walletjies etc etc is really MUCH better, if you snap off that drop plate.

..........what do I do with those new chrome thingies..........

For what it's Worth........may be helpful to someone:

Just bought the rear bumper/towbar from Onca 4x4.

Price worked out at R 10 828, that includes the wiring loom, fitment, finished in black, complete with everything and ready to use.

That rear step bumper from Toyota works out at .............................. R 4776
    Towbar at Toyota............................................ ........................R 4233
    Wiring Loom at Toyota............................................ ..................R 1746
    Fitment........................................... .....................................R 750

TOTAL............................................. .....................................R 11 578.

Just FYI - not saying which is better etc etc. I went for the Onca setup, REALLY do'nt like those rear chrome bumpers, and my departure angle over walletjies etc etc is really MUCH better, if you snap off that drop plate.

..........what do I do with those new chrome thingies..........
    Nice photo of your rear bumper Petri
    Last edited by LdLL; 2017/01/17 at 07:50 PM.

Dai rear bumper lyk smart.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast