New Nissan Navara - 1st Hand Impressions Please?? - Page 12

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Default Re: New Nissan Navara - 1st Hand Impressions Please??

Dis omdat jy nie `n bottel White Horse op die sitplek het nie...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to janseekat For This Useful Post:

Mm, nou ja toe. The software upgrade added guide lines to the reverse camera, nice. Radio function, no change. Annoying warning message, still there. Dealer will investigate and come back to me.
    Guru technical adviser assigned to the case of my damaged sump...advised that the sump is fully functional and does not require replacing. If the damage bothers me they will offer me a new sump but it will be replaced only if I pay for the labor. (Blood boils). I phone Natasha Naidoo, Head of Customer Care and we discuss it. She offers to sort the matter, they will supply and replace the sump on Nissan's account. (Blood stops boiling)
    Nou wag ek maar...

Quote Originally Posted by Munnika View Post
    Mm, nou ja toe. The software upgrade added guide lines to the reverse camera, nice. Radio function, no change. Annoying warning message, still there. Dealer will investigate and come back to me.
    Guru technical adviser assigned to the case of my damaged sump...advised that the sump is fully functional and does not require replacing. If the damage bothers me they will offer me a new sump but it will be replaced only if I pay for the labor. (Blood boils). I phone Natasha Naidoo, Head of Customer Care and we discuss it. She offers to sort the matter, they will supply and replace the sump on Nissan's account. (Blood stops boiling)
    Nou wag ek maar...
    Ek het soveel empatie met jou. Die vraag is altyd, waar trek mens die streep? Wanneer seg mens: Kerels ek soek 'n nuwe kar of ek gaan koerante toe. En motorhandelaars het die geneigdheid om jou hopes up te kry, net om later gat-oor-kop te swaai.

Alle alle sterkte.

More om 05:00am gaan ons met die Navara op verlof.

Vir so paar dae op die plaas - kyk wat maak hy met klip wereld an daarna turf modder. Dan vir so week by die see. Daar gaan ek hom goed toets.

Ek gaan vanaand nie kan slaap nie...

Quote Originally Posted by Ricoffy View Post

Ek sal ook nie slaap as ek n 1000km met n Navara moet grondpad ry nie
    VW Touareg V6 Tdi Escape
    Bush Lapa Boskriek 816

Quote Originally Posted by Nys View Post
    Ek sal ook nie slaap as ek n 1000km met n Navara moet grondpad ry nie
    Ek sal verstaan as die nuwe Navara bietjie te veel is vir jou op 'n grondpad...

Ek sal verstaan as die nuwe Navara bietjie te veel is vir jou op 'n grondpad...

Ja, Amarok is al so boring ek oorweeg n Jeep. Net sodat ek weer betrokke kan raak
    VW Touareg V6 Tdi Escape
    Bush Lapa Boskriek 816

Ja, Amarok is al so boring ek oorweeg n Jeep. Net sodat ek weer betrokke kan raak
    Jy hoef nie 'n jeep te koop vir dit nie. Ry net weer 'n jimny op die Uis pad.

Hoe kry jy jou Amarok uit jou nuwe garage uit?

Jou garage het seker 'n deur voor en agter.

Right, radio sorted. Warning message gone, nice crisp display, radio station name selected now showing and stored station names in memory now also displaying. Lekker man. Now waiting for sump to be sorted.

Right, radio sorted. Warning message gone, nice crisp display, radio station name selected now showing and stored station names in memory now also displaying. Lekker man. Now waiting for sump to be sorted.
    that's why I don't believe in buying any of the first bunch off the showroom floor, regardless of brand
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jelo For This Useful Post:

This is however not a new vehicle, but only new to South Africa. It has been on the Australian market since 2015 and some other markets since 2014. One would therefore not expect to see any mechanical issues. 3 to 4 years after their initial introduction.

This being said, i have had my own issues with my Nissan dealership recently as a results of some defects. The thing that gets to me the most is the poor service that one receives. Some of these guys lead you to believe that they are doing you a favour.

Some of the issues experienced thus far:
    1. silver trim left of radio came loose and had to be replaced.
    2. dust intruding the cabin from the right rear door - they adjusted the hinges which now pulls the door tighter against the body and now ensures that the door is no longer flush with the rest of the body. I dont like this, and am arguing for the rubber seal to be replaced with a new (hopefully improved) version.
    3. Touchscreen radio - the radio reboots on occasion. Just yesterday it went through such a reboot, and following same resulted in the touch screen function not being accurate anymore - to explain, if I touch the radio button on the screen, it will bring up die dvd menu, if i touch the onscreen navi button, it would bring up the radio function and so on. I can also not select the annoying "accept" button on startup, but have noticed that if i touch the screen on the top right corner it would select the "accept" button that is in the middle of the screen. quite strange and will be looked at tomorrow.
    4. I have noticed some rust forming around welds on the frame - particularly the areas around the rear wheels on both sides. The paint is not holding to the chassis around the welds/has not properly covered the welds. Feedback from all you other owners on that would be appreciated. i do not want to end up with a bakkie that breaks apart behind the cab like the D40's

I am starting to get somewhat frustrated with this vehicle as this will be its 2nd trip to the dealer in less than 2 months - i collected the bakkie on 19 December 2017.

after some friends and friends of friends had really terrible stories of engine's, gearboxes etc failing on thier Rangers, I decided to rather not even go to the Ford dealership and opted in stead for Nissan. I hope that I will not regret this decision in time to come.

Regards
    Danny
    Last edited by Dannyver; 2018/02/13 at 03:04 PM.
    Danny

2018 Nissan Navara 2.3D LE Auto
    2009 BMW R1200 GSA
    2008 Pajero 3.2 Di-D SWB

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Dannyver For This Useful Post:

Last update (I hope). Radio all fixed with everything I expected. Tick.
    Sump replaced and resealed at the expense of Nissan. Tick.
    So far no indication of any oil leak. Tick.
    Hopefully all that's left is enjoying an excellent product from here onwards.
    Although a little slow off the mark, thanks to Nissan for coming to the party and just doing what I expected all along.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Munnika For This Useful Post:

Ai ek is bly man, is darem n lekker bakkie!

More om 05:00am gaan ons met die Navara op verlof.

Vir so paar dae op die plaas - kyk wat maak hy met klip wereld an daarna turf modder. Dan vir so week by die see. Daar gaan ek hom goed toets.

Hi my maat.

Hoe het dit toe gegaan met die vakansie trip?

Het jy die standaard bande op die sand gebruik? Hoe het dit gegaan?

Ek sit hierdie week nuwe bande op (AT's) want my Angola trip kom nou op in twee weke.

Andries
    The hours spent fishing will not be deducted from the hours you have been granted on this planet.

Vraag, nadat die sagteware op radio opgedateer is, kry julle nog die waarskuwing boodskap as jy na die navigasie toe gaan? Nissan se ek het die nuutste opdatering, maar as ek na navigasie toe gaan dan pop 'n waarskuwings boodskap op wat elke keer moet aanvaar, dis baie irriterend?

Quote Originally Posted by isimobile View Post
    Vraag, nadat die sagteware op radio opgedateer is, kry julle nog die waarskuwing boodskap as jy na die navigasie toe gaan? Nissan se ek het die nuutste opdatering, maar as ek na navigasie toe gaan dan pop 'n waarskuwings boodskap op wat elke keer moet aanvaar, dis baie irriterend?
    Nee, die boodskap kan verwyder word. Ek het saam met die opgradering spesifiek gevra dat die boodskap verwyder moet word. Dit is toe gedoen, maar ek onthou dat dit twee aparte opgraderings was.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Munnika For This Useful Post:

Unhappy Re: New Nissan Navara - 1st Hand Impressions Please??

Nee, die boodskap kan verwyder word. Ek het saam met die opgradering spesifiek gevra dat die boodskap verwyder moet word. Dit is toe gedoen, maar ek onthou dat dit twee aparte opgraderings was.
    Ek was nou by Nissan, hulle sÍ dit kan nie verwyder word nie. My Navara het glo die nuutste sagteware op. Net om seker te maak, ek kry die accept boodskap as ek die NAVI button druk, nie as ek die Navara aan sit nie. So as dit wel kan verwyder word, by watter Nissan was dit gedoen sodat ek my Nissan handeleer met hulle in kontak kan sit om uit te vind hoe om te doen. Die diens bestuurder het vir my gesÍ, hy sal die ouens wat die sagteware opdatering vir hulle gegee het ook epos en my laat weet, maar weet nie of dit gaan gebeur nie.

Quote Originally Posted by isimobile View Post
    Ek was nou by Nissan, hulle sÍ dit kan nie verwyder word nie. My Navara het glo die nuutste sagteware op. Net om seker te maak, ek kry die accept boodskap as ek die NAVI button druk, nie as ek die Navara aan sit nie. So as dit wel kan verwyder word, by watter Nissan was dit gedoen sodat ek my Nissan handeleer met hulle in kontak kan sit om uit te vind hoe om te doen. Die diens bestuurder het vir my gesÍ, hy sal die ouens wat die sagteware opdatering vir hulle gegee het ook epos en my laat weet, maar weet nie of dit gaan gebeur nie.
    Ek sien jy is in Centurion. Ek is in Kaapstad en die opgradering op my Navara is gedoen by Imperial Nissan in Durbanville (Tygervalley). Vra vir Carlton. Die gewone opgradering op die radio is eers gedoen en toe later het Carlton die waarskuwings boodskap verwyder.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Munnika For This Useful Post:

Hi All.

So the Nav is going in for its first service this week and I have so far been really happy with the Bakkie.

My radio unit (the older one) has however now decided to not allow sound via phone calls but still plays music from the phone. This is strange as it only happens with calls.

Anyway, we will take a look at it later this week and see if it can be resolved.

Regards
    Danny

2018 Nissan Navara 2.3D LE Auto
    2009 BMW R1200 GSA
    2008 Pajero 3.2 Di-D SWB

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12