Mpayathulwa and Mabuasehube now privatised - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Re: Mpayathulwa and Mabuasehube now privatised

Quote Originally Posted by imgreg View Post
    As Senior Mabua Minister of Facilities let me be the Judge

and remind you of this .........

Attachment 430745
    Attachment 430746
    We also had a long chat with Sean yesterday the minute we got his email.
    It seems we will have no issues with bookings paid for.
    We will not be sharing with strangers -------- or Stranger or Henk's shower under a tree
    Seems like a reasonable guy so maybe lets give them a chance.
    Yes it will now cost more but it will stop those wasted block bookings, how many times do you see empty camps.
    At P30.00 you can book and so what if you do not pitch but at P180 people will think twice.
    Just saying. It is illegal for a Senor Minister of facilities to also be a shareholder in a company linked to the facilities in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by RobH View Post
    Agreed with what you are saying Donlux, it has always perplexed me why DWNP don't put up their prices yearly.

I also don't get why only two camps are cherry-picked. If I was the new operator I would have insisted on the whole lot, which would have made it far more viable for me, thus enabling me to service the sites better. And it also may have meant the difference between 100 and 180 Pula per night.
    And, this is going to add to the confusion/complication of trying to sort a trip to the Mabua campsites- to and froing between two systems to ensure a fluid trip schedule.
    Last edited by TRON; 2017/01/09 at 11:53 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to TRON For This Useful Post:

Well there we go, the operator is a member of this forum and has made public commitments. I think this is commendable and a positive step forward. Lets give them the benefit of the doubt and see what transpires.

Quote Originally Posted by RraBots View Post
    Well there we go, the operator is a member of this forum and has made public commitments. I think this is commendable and a positive step forward. Lets give them the benefit of the doubt and see what transpires.
    I cautiously agree and wish them luck. If they can at least avoid double bookings and improve/ repair the infrastructure............well let's see.
    2018 Toyota Fortuner 2.8 GD-6 4x4 AT
    BushLapa 78 Now a Boskruier but with the same Zambia and CKGR bush stripes

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lekhubu943 For This Useful Post:

Hi,
    so now, that Sean is reading the comments - could you please elaborate on why SADC outsiders have to pay a different rate? And how do you came up with that exorbitant amount of money of USD 35 for one single person to just camp?

Still, I strongly disagree with comments stating that this is a price paid for entering the park and cherishing nature, because if it was and it would go to help running the parks, and it would be the same for everyone, I would not complain. So they should have raised entrance fees and not camping. Yeah - and reasonable! USD 10 pP for camping is fine with me - maybe even USD 15, but not USD 35 pP!

Cheers

Christian

PS: Yeah, I know, that with the EU money was lame and I wish, all those payment would stop - completely.

By now I got used to crazy prices in all of the Safari circuit especially for foreign (non-African) visitors, so I'm not going to complain about that - But please @bushluver I hope you keep your word and not make us share with strangers. That's all that matters to many.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cheetah80 For This Useful Post:

I agree with cheetah80 100%!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mabe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cheetah80 View Post
    By now I got used to crazy prices in all of the Safari circuit especially for foreign (non-African) visitors, so I'm not going to complain about that - But please @bushluver I hope you keep your word and not make us share with strangers. That's all that matters to many.
    I am outdoor addict as such share your concerns... sharing a camp with a stranger will never happen on campsites managed by Inter-Tourism Group...You can hold me personally responsible for that guarantee.
    Last edited by Bushluver; 2017/01/11 at 03:14 PM.
    I look at nature as my heaven, and my intimacy with it is an open secret....

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Bushluver For This Useful Post:

Bushluver, whatever you guys do, please do not, I say again, do not fix the roads leading to Mabua. Keep it deep and sandy. It is part of the adventure getting there.
    We do not want another Kruger with tar roads and lots of vehicles.
    Prado 120 V6
    www.optoer.co.za

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter.Rau For This Useful Post:

IMPORTANT IMPORTANT IMPORTANT

Intertourism are allowing us to book the Mapyathulwa and Mabuasehube campsites for 2018 NOW!
    (National Parks only open their bookings a year in advance)

So... send us your 2018 Kgalagadi bookings as soon as you can!

We'll book the Mpaya and Mabua campsites now, and book the other campsites the minute the booking sheets open in the future - to get your full route booked for you.

BOTSWANA FOOTPRINTS
    Tel : +267 6800745 Office (9am to 4pm)
    Tel: +267 75106530 (Tara)
    Tel: +267 74952318 (Mendy/Kelly/Khutsi)
    Email : [email protected]
    Email : [email protected] / [email protected]
    www.botswanafootprints.com

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to taraleegoosen For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Peter.Rau View Post
    Bushluver, whatever you guys do, please do not, I say again, do not fix the roads leading to Mabua. Keep it deep and sandy. It is part of the adventure getting there.
    We do not want another Kruger with tar roads and lots of vehicles.
    Well you're in luck. They manage campsites, they haven't taken over our dept of Roads...

Quote Originally Posted by taraleegoosen View Post
    IMPORTANT IMPORTANT IMPORTANT

Intertourism are allowing us to book the Mapyathulwa and Mabuasehube campsites for 2018 NOW!
    (National Parks only open their bookings a year in advance)

So... send us your 2018 Kgalagadi bookings as soon as you can!

We'll book the Mpaya and Mabua campsites now, and book the other campsites the minute the booking sheets open in the future - to get your full route booked for you.

BOTSWANA FOOTPRINTS
    Tel : +267 6800745 Office (9am to 4pm)
    Tel: +267 75106530 (Tara)
    Tel: +267 74952318 (Mendy/Kelly/Khutsi)
    Email : [email protected]
    Email : [email protected] / [email protected]
    www.botswanafootprints.com
    Hi Tara,

Just curious to know have you had any calls for bookings for 2018 yet after your post?
    2017 Fortuner 2.8 GD6 4x4 Auto

Quote Originally Posted by Donlux View Post
    Hi Tara,Just curious to know have you had any calls for bookings for 2018 yet after your post?
    Hi DonYes - as you know the Kgalagadi is so popular, and booked a year in advance and Mpaya and Mabua are the most popular campsites in the eastern side - so we've been booking these early to secure them.(Which means that anyone wanting to travel 2018 must get organised as the campsites will be fully booked quite quickly I presume)

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to taraleegoosen For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by taraleegoosen View Post
    Here are the new rates for Mpayathulwa and Mabuasehube....

Attachment 430349
    Hi Tara. As this is a Transfrontier Park do we as SA Citizens qualify as a Citizen and therefore will pay the Citizen rate as we do with the oher camping sites in Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park?
    Francois

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Francois111 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RraBots View Post
    I used them for a booking at Mpaya, very positive experience dealing with them for the first time. Campsites were clean and rubbish bins empty when we arrived.
    2007 Fortuner 3 D4D, 4x4
    2015 Ford Ranger 2.2

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Hardekool For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hardekool View Post
    I used them for a booking at Mpaya, very positive experience dealing with them for the first time. Campsites were clean and rubbish bins empty when we arrived.
    Great to hear, thanks for the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Francois111 View Post
    Hi Tara. As this is a Transfrontier Park do we as SA Citizens qualify as a Citizen and therefore will pay the Citizen rate as we do with the oher camping sites in Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park?
    Unfortunately not we are classed as SADC members.

Hi all
    We just recently got back from our trip to Mabua and we stayed 2 nights at Mpayathulwa. I had booked and paid in May 2016 and I had emailed the new company this year to confirm that they had my booking. Thank goodness I did as they had me booked as only two people occupying two sites whereas my booking was for 18 people for two sites. I emailed them my permit and they saw that I had paid for 18 people. We nervously arrived at our sites ( we had booked camp site 1 and 2) and we were pleasantly surprised that there was a working tap at camp 2 and a clean toilet facility and at camp 1 there was a shower with water and a clean toilet facility. We opted to stay at camp 2 due to the better view and gave our site 1 to some foreign travellers who did not have a booking. There were also some families staying at the reserve camp which is closer to the water hole which had seemed not to have any facilities but had a lovely view of the waterhole. I gathered there was some issue with bookings or something. We had the most amazing stay at Mpaya and would go back tomorrow if I could. The resident pride of lions visited both during the day and the night and kept us on our feet and into the cars often. ( Busy writing trip report). I hope that the new company continues to look after the sites and to ensure that there are no double bookings.

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rossmacg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by rossmacg View Post
    Hi all
    We just recently got back from our trip to Mabua and we stayed 2 nights at Mpayathulwa. I had booked and paid in May 2016 and I had emailed the new company this year to confirm that they had my booking. Thank goodness I did as they had me booked as only two people occupying two sites whereas my booking was for 18 people for two sites. I emailed them my permit and they saw that I had paid for 18 people. We nervously arrived at our sites ( we had booked camp site 1 and 2) and we were pleasantly surprised that there was a working tap at camp 2 and a clean toilet facility and at camp 1 there was a shower with water and a clean toilet facility. We opted to stay at camp 2 due to the better view and gave our site 1 to some foreign travellers who did not have a booking. There were also some families staying at the reserve camp which is closer to the water hole which had seemed not to have any facilities but had a lovely view of the waterhole. I gathered there was some issue with bookings or something. We had the most amazing stay at Mpaya and would go back tomorrow if I could. The resident pride of lions visited both during the day and the night and kept us on our feet and into the cars often. ( Busy writing trip report). I hope that the new company continues to look after the sites and to ensure that there are no double bookings.

hi,
    when were you there, we also retuned from mpaya recently, but only heard the lions one afternoon....nothing for the next couple of days...cant wait for your report!
    2007 Fortuner 3 D4D, 4x4
    2015 Ford Ranger 2.2

Need some help. I made a booking to visit Mabuasehube April 2018, my first time to Botswana. What will my conservation and motor vehicle fees be.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast