Africalonghorn - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Africalonghorn

Default Re: Africalonghorn

Ai dis jammer. Gaan jy die bumpers hou? Kan jy hulle laat oor powdercoat?
    105 Cruiser
    Amarok AWD

Dear JP

Thank you for placing your orders. Although none of them were directly from AfricaLonghorn, we still take accountability for your happiness in using our product.

The first order of sidesteps was placed through LA Sports George. Your complaint about the courier charges being 5 times higher was actually quoted by your dealer- LA Sports George. To be honest, if I logged in with Time Freight, the cost would still be the same because it's their official rate.

Your second order was through Autoline - override bumpers, and the courier was arranged by yourself this time. Unfortunately, scratching may happen during transportation. Since all our stock arrived in JHB in perfect condition after travelling 20,000km from Shanghai, we did not predict damages during the transport to your place. Nevertheless your pictures showed that there are scratches which, in my opinion, are small and few. Most of them are at the bottom of the bumper and are entirely fixable. I offered R500 for fixing, however you insisted that they were unacceptable, non-negotiable and must be replaced immediately (my first estimate on 2-way courier costs was around R6,000 according to Time Freight rate, which we truly cannot afford in this deal). You then threatened to use your power in this forum to ensure that no one does business with us anymore, which is completely out of my imagination. I believe that God will always give me peace under any circumstances.

For the installation manual, I am still contacting our factory to get a copy for you. About the "stupid" words quoted, I trust you can testify here that you've never heard any disrespectful words from me during our communication.

Iíve always admired you 4x4 guysí adventurous, warm-hearted and get-on-mud tough spirits. I'd like to suggest that you don't rush to fix these small scratches, but rather enjoy the protection of the bumpers in your adventures. After scratching, crashing or getting mud on them, we can then discuss covering your costs for repainting.

Best regards,

Kevin
    Last edited by AfricaLonghorn; 2017/01/11 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricaLonghorn View Post
    Dear JP

Thanks for placing orders through, although none of them were directly from AfricaLonghorn. We still take accountibility for your happiness in using our product.

The first order of sidesteps was through LA Sports George. Your complaint about 5 times courier charge is actually quoted by your dealer- LA Sports George. To be honest, if I login Time Freight, there will be the same because it's Time Freight courier official rate.

Your second order was through Autoline - override bumpers, the courier was arranged by yourself this time. Unfortunately, scratch happens during the transport. Since all these stocks after travelling 20,000km from Shanghai, they arrived in JHB in perfect condition, we did not predict transport damage to your place. However your pictures showed there were scratches although I think they are small, only a few, most of them are at bumper bottom and fixable. I offered R500 for fixing. However you insisted they were unacceptable, nonnegotiable and have to be replaced immediately (my first estimate courier cost in 2-way was around R6,000 according Time Freight rate which we cannot afford in this deal). You then threatened to use your power in this forum to let no one do business with us is really out of my imagination. I believe God will always give me peace under any circumstances.

For installation manual, I am still contacting with factory to get it for you. About "stupid" words quoted, I trust you can testify here that you've never heard any words disrespectful from me during our communications.

I always admire 4x4 guys adventurous, warm-hearted and get-on-mud tough. I'd like to suggest you that don't rush to fix these small scratches, enjoy their protection in adventures. After getting bumpers on mud, scratching or crushing them, we then discuss cover your cost for repainting.

Regards,

Kevin
    Kevin, i told you my quote for the courier was only R700 and not R2900 as you quoted. even though it was 'cheap' you were not willing to carry the cost of replacing the items. i can know that i would have the same issue with you if i would've taken your more expensive quote/courier.

secondly i told you that our panelbeaters are overloaded with work in January as they close for a month over the festive season meaning it would take atleast 3-4 weeks to have the bumpers resprayed.

surely it's easy for you to blame the courier but they did not pack the items, you did. the two boxes came here in perfect condition without any marks. if the contents are packed by yourself it's your responsibility to ensure it does not get damaged. i also gave you a chance to prove that the contests was in good condition which you couldn't and wanted to prove it by taking pictures from items. you must also remember that you live in South Africa now and not in China. our roads are not always good but our cars are.

i gave you enough time to deside what you want to do about this matter and speak to me about a solution but you were not interested point blank. i was open to suggestions and willing to negotiate.

lastly i surely hope that the bumpers does not rust.
    D23 Navara LE Auto 4x4
    Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited 75th Anniversary Edition in Sargent Green (sad to have sold it)
    Jeep Wrangler Sahara 3.6 2dr (sold)
    Jurgens XT140 (sold)
    ex VW Amarok 4motion (X3)

Small scratches? Maybe post a few pics then we can all judge if its small or not and if it can be acceptable.

I just feel if something is sold as new it should be in perfect condition. No scratches and no marks.

Landy1965, post a pic or two of those scratches.
    2008 Toyota Hilux D/C 3.0 D-4D (Overlander) SOLD
    2013 Toyota Hilux 3.0 D4D Auto
    2013 Jeep Wrangler 3.6 Auto

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sidestep For This Useful Post:

I have nothing to do with AFRICALONGHORN. But guys I would like to comment. You place an order online , make payment and pay the courier fees , all good . We all expect the parcel to arrive with the contents unmarked but this happens , I bought a bumper from Quadratec and it was couriered by FEDEX, i even collected it from their warehouse in Kempton as I did not want to wait for the parcel to be delivered . When I got the box was broken and the bumper had a small scratch on it, Ja I was not in 7th heaven about it but sending it back to the states was not an option , Kevin is here and order's the goods from china, goods can get damaged in transit and I take it you not happy about the scratch as bumper is not exactly cheap . but what must he do , courier it back to JHB and then sit with it in his stock just because of a scratch? its a steel bumper, it will get scratched if you use your vehicle offroad .If it really bugs you that bat go buy a can of Rustoleum , and spray it , I do the bumpers and belly protection on my jeep regularly with the stuff and not only does it look good it protects as well.
    I hope you two can get things sorted that makes both parties very happy .
    05 TJ SAHARA
    08 3.8 JK ULTD RUBICON

7. The Following User Says Thank You to NEON DEON For This Useful Post:

I don't agree. Its like saying you buy a brand new Rubicon off the showroom floor and you must be OK with a few scratches because you are anyway going to do offroading and will get a few scratches.

Am I the only one that feels like this?
    2008 Toyota Hilux D/C 3.0 D-4D (Overlander) SOLD
    2013 Toyota Hilux 3.0 D4D Auto
    2013 Jeep Wrangler 3.6 Auto

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sidestep For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sidestep View Post
    I don't agree. Its like saying you buy a brand new Rubicon off the showroom floor and you must be OK with a few scratches because you are anyway going to do offroading and will get a few scratches.

Am I the only one that feels like this?
    you are not the only one. you pay a lot of money for something new so it's suppose to be new. if there is a issue deal with it and give the client what he paid for. as easy as that.

pictures will follow
    D23 Navara LE Auto 4x4
    Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited 75th Anniversary Edition in Sargent Green (sad to have sold it)
    Jurgens XT140 (sold)

pictures attached. multipal parts in boxes 1860x400x330mm big. parts was wrapped by Kevin with only one lair of bubble wrap. weight of the bumpers are 36kg and 28kg. surely the padding/wrapping is not good enough
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170109_094150.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	36.0 KB 
ID:	431259   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170109_094327.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	431260   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170109_191648.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	77.3 KB 
ID:	431261   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170109_191717.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	48.8 KB 
ID:	431262   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170109_191805.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	123.5 KB 
ID:	431263   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170109_191836.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	37.2 KB 
ID:	431264   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170109_201641.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	115.7 KB 
ID:	431265   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170109_201722.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	72.8 KB 
ID:	431267  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170109_201732.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	42.0 KB 
ID:	431268   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170109_201740.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	431269  
    D23 Navara LE Auto 4x4
    Jurgens XT140 (sold)

and this is the boxes without damage
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20170109-WA0010.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	29.9 KB 
ID:	431270   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20170109-WA0014.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	37.7 KB 
ID:	431271   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20170109-WA0018.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	29.9 KB 
ID:	431272  
    D23 Navara LE Auto 4x4
    Jurgens XT140 (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by NEON DEON View Post
    I have nothing to do with AFRICALONGHORN. But guys I would like to comment. You place an order online , make payment and pay the courier fees , all good . We all expect the parcel to arrive with the contents unmarked but this happens , I bought a bumper from Quadratec and it was couriered by FEDEX, i even collected it from their warehouse in Kempton as I did not want to wait for the parcel to be delivered . When I got the box was broken and the bumper had a small scratch on it, Ja I was not in 7th heaven about it but sending it back to the states was not an option , Kevin is here and order's the goods from china, goods can get damaged in transit and I take it you not happy about the scratch as bumper is not exactly cheap . but what must he do , courier it back to JHB and then sit with it in his stock just because of a scratch? its a steel bumper, it will get scratched if you use your vehicle offroad .If it really bugs you that bat go buy a can of Rustoleum , and spray it , I do the bumpers and belly protection on my jeep regularly with the stuff and not only does it look good it protects as well.
    I hope you two can get things sorted that makes both parties very happy .
    i did not buy the bumpers cause i need more clearance or cause the original ones are scratched and dinged. i like driving through obstacles but never have i touched the bumpers on any rock. i look after my stuff and doubt i will scratch the new bumpers. even if it happens it's my choice not someone else's.
    Last edited by 1965Landy; 2017/01/11 at 01:06 PM.
    D23 Navara LE Auto 4x4
    Jurgens XT140 (sold)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to 1965Landy For This Useful Post:

Sjoe die fotos vertel die storie, daai gat bekommer my.
    105 Cruiser
    Amarok AWD

Does not look good and as mentioned hope you get it sorted .
    Last edited by NEON DEON; 2017/01/11 at 02:02 PM.
    05 TJ SAHARA
    08 3.8 JK ULTD RUBICON

I wont accept it like that.

Maybe if I bought it less 50%
    Always think: Could this be sarcasm?

In my opinion, these scratches are few and small relative to such a big bumper. Even the biggest of your scratches only have an area of approximately 1cm squared from what I see in comparison to the bolt-holes, which are only 1cm in circumference. In addition, most of the scratches are on the bottom of the bumper and should not aesthetically affect it once you have installed the bumper. If you still wish to repaint the scratches locally, we are willing to cover R500 reparation costs.

If you are truly unhappy about the product and are not willing to fix the problem at your place, we will gladly accept the return and give you a full refund. However, our return policy is that the customer must cover the fees for the transport of the returned goods.

Regards
    Kevin

You can't expect your customer to accept damaged goods or for them to pay for the return courier costs if you delivered a product/s that is damaged or broken.

It is your responsibility to ensure that the customer receives the goods in perfect condition. If the courier stuffs it up it is up to you to sort it out with your courier company.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to ExtremeLights For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by AfricaLonghorn View Post
    In my opinion, these scratches are few and small relative to such a big bumper. Even the biggest of your scratches only have an area of approximately 1cm squared from what I see in comparison to the bolt-holes, which are only 1cm in circumference. In addition, most of the scratches are on the bottom of the bumper and should not aesthetically affect it once you have installed the bumper. If you still wish to repaint the scratches locally, we are willing to cover R500 reparation costs.

If you are truly unhappy about the product and are not willing to fix the problem at your place, we will gladly accept the return and give you a full refund. However, our return policy is that the customer must cover the fees for the transport of the returned goods.

Regards
    Kevin
    Please comment on the rust part
    D23 Navara LE Auto 4x4
    Jurgens XT140 (sold)

Small scratches my @ss. That looks terrible. And now he has to pay courier fees in order to get the refund?
    Haha I will definitely not be using you guys in the future. Wanted to buy some LED replacement bulbs from you actually. Ain't gonna happen anymore.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alwyn777 For This Useful Post:

I understand the return policy on a client that simply changes their mind. Having a damaged product delivered is completely different
    Always think: Could this be sarcasm?

Jeez. Africalonghorn, it's not up to you to decide whether the scratches are acceptable or not, no matter how big they are or where they are on the bumper. Would you be happy if you bought a brand new car with a rusted up engine, and the salesman says "it won't affect anything aesthetically"?
    2010 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 3.8l
    3" J-Spec & Bilstein Suspension Lift
    Bilstein Steering Damper
    JKA Front Stubby Bumper
    33" Cooper ST Maxx
    Superchips Flashpaq
    Frontrunner Slimline II Roofrack

Quote Originally Posted by Oppies3800 View Post
    I understand the return policy on a client that simply changes their mind. Having a damaged product delivered is completely different
    i get the feeling he does not even want to send me new ones and if he does i suppose i would need to pay for that courier as well
    D23 Navara LE Auto 4x4
    Jurgens XT140 (sold)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast