Discovery 3 Limp mode Assistance

Default Limp mode Assistance

Good evening to the forum members,
    A friend of a friend is currently in Mozambique just north of “Tet” excuse my spelling. The hand brake light of their Discovery 3 comes on. There after it went into limp mode. They are desperate in need for assistance to get the vehicle out of limp mode. Any advice or a contact number of a person that can assist?
    Regards
    Gert

Default Re: Limp mode Assistance

Probably the e-brake handbrake system acting up. The hand brake cables tends to get sticky from dust and muck and does not release the park brakes properly. The dealer fix is to replace the cables and mechanism. Maybe try to remove the cables and give it plenty of Q20 to work it loose. If no Q20 is available use some diesel.

Also check the brake fluid level.

I hope this helps. It wont be fun to travel back in limp mode.
    Defender powered by Isuzu

Quote Originally Posted by Gert Buitendag View Post
    Good evening to the forum members,
    A friend of a friend is currently in Mozambique just north of “Tet” excuse my spelling. The hand brake light of their Discovery 3 comes on. There after it went into limp mode. They are desperate in need for assistance to get the vehicle out of limp mode. Any advice or a contact number of a person that can assist?
    Regards
    Gert
    If its the electronic park brake (EPB), then its easily released by pulling the cable under the cover (ask them to check the user handbook). It can also be disabled by removing fuse FL8 (I read this, havent done it myself).

BUT maybe its not the EPB, and its something like low brake fluid level, or a faulty brake fluid level switch. If its a faulty switch, they may be able to short the connector (or just remove the connector from the cap) to get around it. Never had that problem but I would try that.

Have they tried doing the soft reset (ignition on and off three times, start on the third time on), or a hard reset (remove positive and negative battery cables from battery, wait a couple of minutes, touch the two cables together for a couple of seconds, replace them)

Hope they come right
    Last edited by zoneout; 2016/12/29 at 10:36 AM.
    2007 Disco 3 TDV6 SE
    2007 Fortuner 3.0 D4D

Good evening Carlo and Zoneout,

Many thanks for the advice. I will convey the possible solutions to them and revert back with the outcome.

Take care and regards
    G