Default Charge cables to tow hook

Has anyone run 16mm2 cables from the alternator to an Anderson plug at the tow hook?\
    I am interested to know how you got through the back and how you mounted the plug please?
    Thanks

Default Re: Charge cables to tow hook

You will naturally run it underneath the chassis best place will be on top of the ladder for protection.

Why from the alternator direct? Most common set-ups run it from the crank battery via a solenoid to switch it off when the vehicle is switched off.
    2007 Colt Rodeo 3000I V6 D/C 4x4
    Dual battery system
    57 mm freeflow system
    General Grabber AT3's
    Challenger Bundu Basher Off-road trailer aka Bos Parra

Thanks for responding.
    Currently the cables run from the battery through a fuse into the back of the car (through the firewall) because I always had the C-Tek / battery / fridge combo in the car as we used to tent only.
    Having bought a Supra 2 recently, I want to extend this to the tow hitch.
    Did away with the intelligent solenoid in the engine compartment when I got the C-Tek, as the two don't communicate "nicely".

I would rather pull the existing cables out and replace them with a new set from the front underneath the vehicle to the back, instead of having to joint them to extend and then having to find another exit hole from the inside to the back.
    2007 Colt Rodeo 3000I V6 D/C 4x4
    Dual battery system
    57 mm freeflow system
    General Grabber AT3's
    Challenger Bundu Basher Off-road trailer aka Bos Parra

I have 2 x 16mm cable from the crank battery via a fuse via a solenoid to the tow ball at the back.
    The cables are in a 20mm flexible plastic sprague tubing and run underneath the vehicle, cable tied to the chassis, out of harms way.

The BH plug lies loose at the back, tucked in behind the ball plate when not in use.

I also took 2 x 4mm cables from the BH plug at the back to a Hella socket in the back of the vehicle for my fridge/freezer.
    This supply is separately fused.
    If you make a noise or need music in the bush or on the beach, you’re missing the point.