Iveco Camper





Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 68

Thread: Iveco Camper

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    De Wildt
    Age
    57
    Posts
    38,923
    Thanked: 15166

    Default Iveco Camper

    Just saw one of these in Midrand on the R562 to Diepsloot and almost made a happy peepee

    http://www.infantatrailers.co.za/iveco-camper.html

    http://www.infantatrailers.co.za/gallery#
    Jakes Louw
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ovamboland
    Posts
    2,286
    Thanked: 1214

    Default Re: Iveco Camper

    Quote Originally Posted by jelo View Post
    Just saw one of these in Midrand on the R562 to Diepsloot and almost made a happy peepee

    http://www.infantatrailers.co.za/iveco-camper.html

    http://www.infantatrailers.co.za/gallery#
    I agree. Wish I had the moola though...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Alberton
    Age
    58
    Posts
    630
    Thanked: 280

    Default Re: Iveco Camper

    That's so nice for overland trips.
    Nico
    Fortuner 4.0 V6
    Ford Transit Panelvan(Modern version of the Passion Wagon)
    AG 388
    NEVER GIVE UP !

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Harties
    Posts
    1,387
    Thanked: 537

    Default Re: Iveco Camper

    Quote Originally Posted by jelo View Post
    Just saw one of these in Midrand on the R562 to Diepsloot and almost made a happy peepee

    http://www.infantatrailers.co.za/iveco-camper.html

    http://www.infantatrailers.co.za/gallery#
    Agreed.

    I came across one in the hills at the back of Kamieskroon a year or so ago and was gobsmacked.
    Looks good and I'm sure, goes good .

    I really want one - itch is getting close to uncontrollable.
    If you make a noise or need music in the bush or on the beach, youíre missing the point.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    De Wildt
    Age
    57
    Posts
    38,923
    Thanked: 15166

    Default Re: Iveco Camper

    Quote Originally Posted by PRA View Post
    Agreed.

    I came across one in the hills at the back of Kamieskroon a year or so ago and was gobsmacked.
    Looks good and I'm sure, goes good .

    I really want one - itch is getting close to uncontrollable.
    that thing moves for its size

    Pity you need a Code C licence
    Jakes Louw
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Harties
    Posts
    1,387
    Thanked: 537

    Default Re: Iveco Camper

    Oh no! Really?
    If you make a noise or need music in the bush or on the beach, youíre missing the point.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    De Wildt
    Age
    57
    Posts
    38,923
    Thanked: 15166

    Default Re: Iveco Camper

    Quote Originally Posted by PRA View Post
    Oh no! Really?
    Yeah

    GVM > 3500kg
    Jakes Louw
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Durban
    Age
    51
    Posts
    83
    Thanked: 21

    Default Re: Iveco Camper

    Also, I can only imagine trying to change a tyre or doing repairs in the middle of nowhere with SWAMBO. Itís a beast.
    Thanks/Groete


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    De Wildt
    Age
    57
    Posts
    38,923
    Thanked: 15166

    Default Re: Iveco Camper

    Quote Originally Posted by Intothewild View Post
    Also, I can only imagine trying to change a tyre or doing repairs in the middle of nowhere with SWAMBO. Itís a beast.
    if you can afford that thing you can afford a SatPhone and TuffStuff
    Jakes Louw
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Harties
    Posts
    1,387
    Thanked: 537

    Default Re: Iveco Camper

    Quote Originally Posted by Intothewild View Post
    Also, I can only imagine trying to change a tyre or doing repairs in the middle of nowhere with SWAMBO. Itís a beast.
    You can get into tight or impossible positions in trying to change a wheel, or doing repairs, with an 'ordinary' 4X4 as well.
    If you make a noise or need music in the bush or on the beach, youíre missing the point.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Wartburg
    Age
    60
    Posts
    1,675
    Thanked: 1768

    Default Re: Iveco Camper

    Quote Originally Posted by jelo View Post
    Yeah

    GVM > 3500kg
    A mate has one with a Tare of exactly 3500kg, so he can legally drive it with his B licence. But if used as a commercial truck, a C1 licence is required as the GVM of 5.5t then applies.

    Most campers though have a tare >3500kg, so a C1 licence is required most of the time.
    Mike Lauterbach

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Harties
    Posts
    1,387
    Thanked: 537

    Default Re: Iveco Camper

    Advice please - what is the process to get a C1 licence?
    If you make a noise or need music in the bush or on the beach, youíre missing the point.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    De Wildt
    Age
    57
    Posts
    38,923
    Thanked: 15166

    Default Re: Iveco Camper

    Quote Originally Posted by PRA View Post
    Advice please - what is the process to get a C1 licence?
    easier than a B

    - write learners again
    - do drivers

    No parallel park test, limited reverse parking, less K53 drills........

    That's why 100% of the driver instruction businesses in the townships offer C licence training only: it's easier than a standard car licence.
    Jakes Louw
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to jelo For This Useful Post:

    PRA

  15. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Gordon's Bay
    Age
    50
    Posts
    28,884
    Thanked: 4378

    Default Re: Iveco Camper

    Quote Originally Posted by jelo View Post
    that thing moves for its size

    Pity you need a Code C licence
    Quote Originally Posted by jelo View Post
    Yeah

    GVM > 3500kg
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeml View Post
    A mate has one with a Tare of exactly 3500kg, so he can legally drive it with his B licence. But if used as a commercial truck, a C1 licence is required as the GVM of 5.5t then applies.

    Most campers though have a tare >3500kg, so a C1 licence is required most of the time.
    the Ivecos also give me a bit of a happy feeling in the trouser department.

    just to correct Jelo - if it's registered as a motor home, it does not fall under 'goods vehicle' and you can drive a motor vehicle (including a motor home) of up to 3500kg TARE with a B license . I'd frankly be surprised if a motorhome like that comes up to 3500kg unladen ? but it's more than possible.

    If it's a goods vehicle (i.e. got a back or is a panel van) then the B only applies up to 3500kg GVM.

    In addition - even assuming it's over 3500kg Tare, you would then need a C1 license, but at least you do not need a pdp for a motorhome....
    Last edited by Apocalypse; 2016/11/29 at 05:24 PM.

  16. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Wartburg
    Age
    60
    Posts
    1,675
    Thanked: 1768

    Default Re: Iveco Camper

    Rather do the EC1 if you can, if you ever intend to pull a trailer >750kg (ie off-road trailer)
    Mike Lauterbach

  17. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    De Wildt
    Age
    57
    Posts
    38,923
    Thanked: 15166

    Default Re: Iveco Camper

    Trying to get the real info on the Camper version, but this is what I found:

    Tare weight (unloaded - with fuel and driver) is 2655Kg
    GVM = 5.5T

    http://www.traveltrucks.com.au/4x4-iveco-daily
    Jakes Louw
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

  18. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Durban
    Age
    51
    Posts
    83
    Thanked: 21

    Default Re: Iveco Camper

    Anyone one know what this Iveco would cost roughly?
    Last edited by Intothewild; 2016/11/29 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Wrong wording
    Thanks/Groete


  19. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Wartburg
    Age
    60
    Posts
    1,675
    Thanked: 1768

    Default Re: Iveco Camper

    Quote Originally Posted by jelo View Post
    Trying to get the real info on the Camper version, but this is what I found:

    Tare weight (unloaded - with fuel and driver) is 2655Kg
    GVM = 5.5T

    http://www.traveltrucks.com.au/4x4-iveco-daily
    As mentioned, a mate's camper is exactly 3500kg TARE. This is a home-built, aluminium single skin shell, complete with stoep.

    Mine is 4150kg - double skin aluminium walls. Many are closer to 4500kg, especially those using a slightly heavier composite insulated shell and wooden interior furnishings.
    Mike Lauterbach

  20. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    De Wildt
    Age
    57
    Posts
    38,923
    Thanked: 15166

    Default Re: Iveco Camper

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeml View Post
    As mentioned, a mate's camper is exactly 3500kg TARE. This is a home-built, aluminium single skin shell, complete with stoep.

    Mine is 4150kg - double skin aluminium walls. Many are closer to 4500kg, especially those using a slightly heavier composite insulated shell and wooden interior furnishings.
    So that implies code C?
    Jakes Louw
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

  21. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Wartburg
    Age
    60
    Posts
    1,675
    Thanked: 1768

    Default Re: Iveco Camper

    Quote Originally Posted by jelo View Post
    So that implies code C?
    Yip, C1 for anything over 3500kg. C is for anything >16t
    Mike Lauterbach

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •