duster 2015 4x4 tyres and shocks

Default duster 2015 4x4 tyres and shocks

i want to change the tyres on my duster 4x4 and the shocks but not the dealers shocks
    car is still under warrenty, perhaps the 235/60 R16, are these tyres slightly higher than the stock tyres ?
    shocks ?

Default Re: duster 2015 4x4 tyres and shocks

phoned tyres and more and the guy said the monroe shocks currently available for the duster is a bit too short. he had a guy where the dealers ordered him the correct monroe shocks, i phoned alberton and the guy said he never order anything except renaul spares so im still screwed

235/60 is pretty much the same overall diameter, just wider. That's the size I have on.

There is an App for Monroe which you can download to check for the exact shocks

Quote Originally Posted by pienkie View Post
    phoned tyres and more and the guy said the monroe shocks currently available for the duster is a bit too short.
    Those are probably for the FWD version, which are bound to be shorter. There's different part numbers for the 4WD.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pienkie View Post
    phoned tyres and more and the guy said the monroe shocks currently available for the duster is a bit too short. he had a guy where the dealers ordered him the correct monroe shocks, i phoned alberton and the guy said he never order anything except renaul spares so im still screwed
    I'm the guy that ordered the shocks from tyres and more, still waiting for them to arrive, his going to follow up tomorrow with Monroe suppliers. I got the front ones done, if you come across the rear ones that are in stock somewhere let me know

I have a 2015 model Duster AWD and very happy with it. Thus far 43000km and did Cederberg, Eselbank pass, Tankwa and Baviaanskloof pass from Patensie side (riller) etc with Continental tyres it came out with. The right rear shock is starting to leak oil and I am hearing a "clunking" noise from it. The car is still under warranty. Connies at Klerksdorp told me for my model Duster AWD 2015 that there is no other make e.g. Monroe shocks I can replace with. I.e. I am stuck to replace with the "####" (excuse my language) Renault original shocks. I have noticed the battles with Renault refusing to replace the shocks under warranty as it is a wear and tear item for them. I would like to know, hear opinions, as the shock is starting to leak oil which could also be from a factory defect with the shock what is my changes that Renault then have to replace under warranty?

Thanks, regards

I suggest you google Koni and Bilstein also for equivalents. There are local importers for these.

Use Dacia instead of Renault in your search string, eg. Shocks for Dacia Duster 4x4.
    Johnie
    Volvo XC60 T5
    180kW/350Nm (1500 - 4800 rpm)

Quote Originally Posted by Andreo2015 View Post
    I have a 2015 model Duster AWD and very happy with it. Thus far 43000km and did Cederberg, Eselbank pass, Tankwa and Baviaanskloof pass from Patensie side (riller) etc with Continental tyres it came out with. The right rear shock is starting to leak oil and I am hearing a "clunking" noise from it. The car is still under warranty. Connies at Klerksdorp told me for my model Duster AWD 2015 that there is no other make e.g. Monroe shocks I can replace with. I.e. I am stuck to replace with the "####" (excuse my language) Renault original shocks. I have noticed the battles with Renault refusing to replace the shocks under warranty as it is a wear and tear item for them. I would like to know, hear opinions, as the shock is starting to leak oil which could also be from a factory defect with the shock what is my changes that Renault then have to replace under warranty?

Thanks, regards
    How much does Renualt want for the shocks?

Have you had a look on ebay and UK spares sites, incl shipping and duties it may still be a lot cheaper than the stealers.

i replaced my standard shocks with monroe shocks, happy with them. 2015 duster 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by Andreo2015 View Post

Thanks, regards

We also have the same vehicle and did a warranty claim on the rear shocks thru Renault.I had to take the vehicle to Hi-Q for testing on a drive on type shock tester as Renault had no means for testing shocks.(mine were also leaking which means they are shot but anyway)Fronts passed marginally as they were 54% out of a 100% and rear tested 46% and failed. Just keep in mind that Renault will not replace shocks over 30000km old and I took mine on 23000km if I remember correctly. I did have a struggle to have them replaced by Renault SA and I even requested them to do the fronts as they were just over the acceptable %. I even spoke to a guy from Renault SA and he point blank refused to assist me as shock are a wear and tear item, keep in mind we only had the vehicle for 14 months. Eventually the dealer said they will assist with the rear shocks only and I have to pay them for the labour. I fought the labour price down to one hour and we were all happy. So my advice would be first see if they will honour the claim (Renault SA seems to be oblivious to the fact that Gabriel/Monroe actually have a warranty on their wear and tear item).Secondly if you have the maintenance plan this wont be and issue, they busy replacing my clutch as we speak. If I had to do this all over I would have done the Monroe's (some members have fitted them to their 4wd Dusters already) as the Renault shocks for the first gen Dusters seems to be a major defect item, as per the Duster problems thread on this community will show. Unfortunately some Renault dealers aren't as proficient as others so finding the right one is always a bonus.

I hope this gives you some of idea on their claims procedures.

Good luck.

I have a 2014 Duster AWD. Have to replace tyres now but am confused between Yokohama geolander and Michelin Primacy or another suitable ones. I drive in hilly terrain predominantly and plan to go on a trip to Leh (which will involve fair amount of bad roads as well). Should I go for 235/65/16 or stick with the stock 215/65/16 and will the change have any effect on the performance

Hi there Shimla. I would very much like to one day visit Kashmir again.

Normally I would say go for the bigger tyres, but I have been to Leh.

Leh, being at 3200m above sea level, will sap the power of your engine. Your proposed increase of the tyre will make the gearing taller by 4%, reducing the torque by the same factor.

When I visited in the early 2000s, we stayed at the Sangri-La hotel, and the transport they used, was one of the original Suzuki SJs, which had either a 1000 or 1100cc engine. They had bog standard wheels, and Sangay drove us everywhere. Not fast, ever, but then we weren't in a hurry.

The roads around Leh were good at the time. Up to the Stupa, to the monastery at Tikseh, up the highest tarred pass in the world leading to Pakistan.

So I would keep the standard tyres.

But enjoy the trip! It is one of the most beautiful places I have been, also this time of year. Don't get snowed in :-).
    Last edited by JJJ; 2019/09/03 at 10:25 PM.
    Johnie
    Volvo XC60 T5
    180kW/350Nm (1500 - 4800 rpm)

The Duster shockers are under-spec'd. Thus, the comfortable ride, but you do get SUV (high centre of gravity) swaying when lane changing at speed with dives on hard braking and squats on hard launches. Upgrade the dampers, but some have reported alignment problems with Monroe. Try to find replacements with the correct camber alignment (Bilstein corrects camber angle) or get a camber kit Camber Bolt Kit: Rear ICAMBER12 (Ironman)
    Renault Duster 4WD Gen1: No Meow

Hi guys, sorry to hijack this thread but my requirement is so similar it didn't seem necessary to start a new one. I need to replace shocks (and tyres) on a 2013 1.5 4WD. Previously I have just done them through Renault but it seems that some have successfully gone the Monroe route. Does anyone have experience of the Monroe's on the 2013 model (I don't know if they are different to the 2015)?

Gen 1 for us was from 2013 to late 2015 when they switched from the chrome to black "Duster" on the boot, etc. So, all Gen1 had the same spec. Actually, I haven't heard that any of the underpinnings have changed through Gen2 or Gen3.
    Renault Duster 4WD Gen1: No Meow