Khama Rhino sanctuary campsite numbers help, please - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Khama Rhino sanctuary campsite numbers help, please

Sjoe, glad you took 4 and not 12, 12 is quite far from abs, it was 11 I was thinking about :-)
    '89 LR 110 V8

My favourite site is 13, formerly known as the Jaw Camp. Far from other sites and ablutions.
    "make a plan to break a plan"

Can someone please give an indication of campsite fees, for budget & planning? Appreciated.
    There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise

Just got back from our 3 week Bots self drive and stayed over at Khama for the night on our way back to SA. Prices were a lot different from those advertised online, we arrived late and were told by the gatekeeper camping would be P110 per person ended up being P665 for the 2 of us for 1 night, more than 3 nights camping in Moremi. Also weren’t lucky enough to spot any rhino...

Quote Originally Posted by jaguar_shark View Post
    Just got back from our 3 week Bots self drive and stayed over at Khama for the night on our way back to SA. Prices were a lot different from those advertised online, we arrived late and were told by the gatekeeper camping would be P110 per person ended up being P665 for the 2 of us for 1 night, more than 3 nights camping in Moremi. Also weren’t lucky enough to spot any rhino...
    Thanks, that's why I asked: These places always advertise one price but then add on all sorts of extras.
    There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise

I booked and paid upfront - no issues.
    Did not see any Rhinos.
    Don't think I will be back.

Quote Originally Posted by jaguar_shark View Post
    Their web prices (23/01/2020) are clearly indicated on http://www.khamarhinosanctuary.org.bw/. I assume you are non-resident?

Two adults non-residents in Botswana:
    Entrance P190.30 @P95.15pp
    Vehicle P117.15 (less than 5 ton)
    Camping P237.60 @ P118.80pp
    TOTAL P545.05 ~R709 @ R1.30/P

Could you give a breakdown of the P665? Perhaps extra for trailer? BTW, 3 nights camping INSIDE Moremi is a lot more expensive if you add entrance etc.
    '89 LR 110 V8

Quote Originally Posted by Mike N View Post
    Their web prices (23/01/2020) are clearly indicated on http://www.khamarhinosanctuary.org.bw/. I assume you are non-resident?

Two adults non-residents in Botswana:
    Entrance P190.30 @P95.15pp
    Vehicle P117.15 (less than 5 ton)
    Camping P237.60 @ P118.80pp
    TOTAL P545.05 ~R709 @ R1.30/P

Could you give a breakdown of the P665? Perhaps extra for trailer? BTW, 3 nights camping INSIDE Moremi is a lot more expensive if you add entrance etc.
    2x adult fee (entrance fee I guess) @ P189.91
    2x camping for non residents @ P222.14
    vehicle fee (defender 90) @ P120
    tourism levy @ P30
    vat @ P72
    also had dinner at the restaurant, not particularly noteworthy

we stayed at camp 4, site was very spacious and private, ablutions were a bit worn and sad.

we also got a “spot fine” en route to the rhino sanctuary by the traffic cops, seems we were doing precisely 100 in an 80 zone, ended up costing P200...

we stayed at 3rd bridge in Moremi for 1 night at P110pp and 2 nights at Xakanaxa (my favorite camp of the whole trip) for P110pp all payed on arrival to the kind man at the gate, much cheaper than I saw advertised online but we were the only other ones there, apart from the hippo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2