Where are you taking your Mitsu to be serviced in Johannesburg?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Where are you taking your Mitsu to be serviced in Johannesburg?

Hey guys, Since the dealer on the corner of William Nicol and Main has closed... where has everybody gone?

1. Mekor Motors seem to have taken over the phone number and they are in Rivonia now, but have none of the same staff and have failed to call me back on a few occasions... so i'm reluctant to go to them
    2. There is one in Northcliff but its also a Citroen and Kia dealership... which has me obviously concerned about whether or not they've got the workshop manuals, let alone the skills, to tackled services nicely on a 9 year old Triton.
    3. I thought there was a new Mitsu in the West Rand? Is there? Has anyone used them? Hows the service?

So, can anyone shed some light on this and let us know where there is some good service to be found?

thanks

Default Re: Where are you taking your Mitsu to be serviced in Johannesburg?

When I stayed in Krugersdorp I had my Triton serviced at Thes Service Centre in Krugersdorp (011 660 7264 Armand) - had very good service from him.

Had a look on Mitsubishi SA website and it seems there are 2 dealerships on the West Rand:

Mitsubishi West Rand on c/o Hendrik Potgieter & Cascades Roodepoort (http://www.mitsubishi-motors.co.za/d...shi-west-rand/)
    Mitsubishi Motors Roodepoort at 49 Ontdekkers Rd Helderkruin (http://www.mitsubishi-motors.co.za/d...rs-roodepoort/)

Unfortunatey can't comment on their service etc.
    Last edited by PieterM; 2016/11/22 at 11:29 AM.
    2007 Mitsibushi Triton 2.5 Did 4x4 D/cab (Sold)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PieterM For This Useful Post:

Taking mine to Mekor next week. Have only spoken to a lady on the phone when booking service. Needed to reschedule service twice due to work obligations and she has been very friendly and accommodating on both occasions. Will be my first service with them.

Do not take your hard earned cash to northcliffe!!!! Trust me
    2014 Pajero 3.2DiD SWB

6. The Following User Says Thank You to KurtG For This Useful Post:

Go to Wynand at Clarendon motors Roodepoort
    Choose life

hmm... ok... i'll wait hopefully that more Mitsu folk can recommend one of the dealers, but will have to make a call within a week.

Coenoes, do you have a number for Clarendon Motors? Google not giving me much. I assume its an indy that knows Mitsubishi's? Any more info?

I used a local spot in Randburg (C-Net) for minor services on my Gen4, they are good. The know their way around the old Pajeros (Gen2).

Northcliffe had parts for Mitsu but I haven't used them for a service.

My next service is in 10K time and it's a big one (fluids). Not sure where to get it done.

I've used the one on Ontdekkers and I have no complaints.
    I'm still on service plan so they tried to sell me wiper blades for R1000, but I just said no thanks and they weren't pushy about it.
    They got wheel balancing and tracking equipment as well, so I rotated wheels for an extra R400 which I thought was reasonable.
    2013 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport
    2018 Conqueror Companion

Quote Originally Posted by NerdBakkie View Post
    hmm... ok... i'll wait hopefully that more Mitsu folk can recommend one of the dealers, but will have to make a call within a week.

Coenoes, do you have a number for Clarendon Motors? Google not giving me much. I assume its an indy that knows Mitsubishi's? Any more info?
    Clarendon 0116742009 or 0722041114
    Wynand owns 2 pajeros and knows them well. Zeek here on the forum introduced me to them and we both service there. Priced well also.
    Choose life

Service at Mekor good. Calling back not their strong point. Best guys for mitsubishi I found is Mitsitech. Unbelievable knowledge, and neat workshop. They care about the vehicle. I know Alberton far, but worth the trip.
    Fiat Fullback 2.5 DC 4x4
    Triton 3.2 DC 4x4 - upgraded

Mitsubishi East Rand didn't bother replying to my service query, so they won't see me again... Funny that they were a lot more eager to communicate with until I handed over money.

Take my Triton to Cargo Motors Bedfordview

I have just taken my vehicle for a service at Mitsi Tech Performance in Alberton. I'm very happy with the level of service that I got from the business owner Arnold.
    Iwan
    2007 Mitsubishi Pajero 3.2DiD SWB (Gen4)
    2001 Mitsubishi Colt Rodeo 2.8TD D/C 4x4 (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Loams View Post
    Mitsubishi East Rand didn't bother replying to my service query, so they won't see me again... Funny that they were a lot more eager to communicate with until I handed over money.
    Loans, what was the problem? I have booked to have a service done on Tuesday, need to be fore armed!
    # 5 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS 2015
    # 4 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport 2013 trade in
    # 3 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport 2011 good trade
    # 2 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport 2010 did not aquaplane so well
    # 1 Mitsubishi Colt 2005 with 3.2 DID (160kw WOW!)
    Jurgens Xplorer 2013 (new retirement home)
    Challenger Wilderness "The Penthouse" (sold and will be sorely missed)
    Platkar 1: BMW 118 (SWAMBO)
    Platkar 2: Nissan 200 SX (Retirement project)

Had my Pajero 20 000 km service done at Boksburg. Experience was bearable. Lift club left within 10 min of arriving and got collected as promised. Work done as per Service Plan no oddities except the wheel balancing was done badly but that was my choice, won't do it again.
    Loams, I took your complaint up but their Service Manager was on leave. Charl the Service Advisor will investigate. Let us see what happens.
    Cheers

Haha, Maybe that's why he didn't answer.. I sent my mail 29 November.

By the way, I am curious about your Pajero Sport that didn't aquaplane so well... care to share the story?

Aaah the aquaplaning PS.
    lt happened so quickly.............

Travelling back from a meeting at the Mines on the Steelpoort Stofberg road I drove through a huge downpour. It was moving north and me south. I actually exited the storm and sped up to 120km/hr as the conditions were good.

As I traveled up a pass there is a long sweeping right turn. Exiting the turn there was this lake of water running across the road. I could do nothing and the last thing I remember saying to myself "get the steering wheel as straight as possible".

Then the aquaplaning started, first she drifted right onto the right side of the road, i corrected, then I thought I had caught her, when she started drifting to the left, and no amount of opposite lock helped. My last words were "sh t sh t sh t!"

By the time she had spun around 180 degrees, I connected with the paving, which was probably 75 mm high, but was just enough to tip her over for one slow roll over and back on the wheels in a ditch.

I do remember sitting there quite dazed, realizing it was still drizzling, so decided to just sit in the car and gather my belongings which were now scattered around the interior. But then I realized maybe somebody was actually wanting to see if I was OK, and lo and behold, when I opened the passenger window there was a gent in a white Ford bakkie, who I think was coming from the opposite direction, but still way off up the hill. I told him I am OK, I don't feel like standing in the rain, he must just phone SAPS to come out.

I got out and started getting my stuff out to pack into shopping bags, as the PS was not going to take me home that night. closer inspection revealed that every body panel was dinged. I had a bump on my head due to being upside down for a while, then the tailgate would not stay open fully and wacked me on the same spot!!

Funniest part was a Paramedic stopping to help. A huge guy. In a Ford KA. Imagine! He saw the cars, stopped, forgot to pull up the hand brake and promptly rolled his KA into the guy with the bakkie! Once he had extracted himself he survey the scene, asked what had happened, heard the story and said: "ek moet daai ou gaan help" and took off down the slope! I shout to him I was the driver and he did a 180, up the slope, looked me in the eye and said:" jy ly aan skok!" I said there is nothing wrong with me, the SAPS are on their way and he can be on his way.

Another twist to the tail is that I had cancelled my insurance that morning. Explaining all this to the Insurance Company is Chapter 2, if anyone wants me to post it.

To this day I shudder to think what if another vehicle was much closer coming down that hill?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu Fan View Post
    Aaah the aquaplaning PS.
    I had a bump on my head due to being upside down for a while, then the tailgate would not stay open fully and wacked me on the same spot!!

To this day I shudder to think what if another vehicle was much closer coming down that hill?

Cheers
    hahaha, bloody Murphy!! or the universe was trying to tell you something... Something along the lines of "You should have known better" lol... Couldn't resist

You got very lucky with oncoming traffic.....

Insurance.. ja, those ouks are worse than second hand car salesmen... But we have to have it unfortunately...

Back on topic:
    I've got two more services under motorplan... I have booked one during the holidays in George... The next one I'll probably do at mistubishi in Achter road in Paulshof... After that, it's likely to be Mitsutech.... but I will cross that road when I get there.

I used Stan from Scorpion on my last Gen 3. He only works on the Mitsu's and I was very happy and will take my Gen 4 to him as well.
    He is based in Chartwell, Fourways but is only back again on the 16th Jan 2017.
    Stan (082) 9590393
    '07 Pajero DiD LWB
    '05 Pajero DiD LWB - SOLD
    '05 Defender 110 - SOLD

'78 Series II 88inch

My final service in Service Plan is due and I have booked it in for 29 Dec at the Roodepoort dealer on Ontdekkers. I will report back afterwards to let you all know how it went.

Interesting to note are the various CSI scores as recorded on the website:

Roodepoort: 91.70
    East Rand: 80.87
    Mekor Rivonia: 90.47
    Northcliffe: 86.24
    West Rand: 89.64
    Last edited by KurtG; 2016/12/23 at 06:28 AM.
    2014 Pajero 3.2DiD SWB

23. The Following User Says Thank You to KurtG For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast