Trip slideshow. Northern Namibia, October.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Trip slideshow. Northern Namibia, October.

Well. 4 weeks and 1500 fotos pared down to 26 min of viewing pleasure. It is Friday after all.
    Our 1st big trip in the Cruiser. Solo, because our travelling partners had to deal with a medical issue.

Oh and Grammar Nazi's, when I noticed my typo in the captions it was waaaaay too late.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5yjqpCHQ6Y

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Trillian For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Trip slideshow. Northern Namibia, October.

Pity, it is low resolution pictures, sort of hurts my eyes - or is it my connection?

Thanks for sharing anyway.
    Kalahari Safari
    ORRA Call: WB58 | ICASA ZRF430
    Nissan Patrol GU TB45
    | Nissan Safari GU TD42 | B'rakah 4x4 Trailer
    E34 - 535i for a bit of nostalgia
    E39 - 540i for the open roads

Quote Originally Posted by Kalahari Safari View Post
    Pity, it is low resolution pictures, sort of hurts my eyes - or is it my connection?

Thanks for sharing anyway.
    Must be your connection......

Fine on my side.

very nice, thanks for sharing.
    Everybody needs to believe in something.... I believe I will have another Beer!

Travel Blog: https://since1652.wordpress.com/

https://www.instagram.com/since1652travel/

Smile Re: Trip slideshow. Northern Namibia, October.

Or your eyes ...

Fantastic! Thanks for sharing.
    Ross

That was a very enjoyable 26 minutes, thank you. Great start to the weekend.

Wow, looks like you had a fantastic trip, thank you. Liked the evocative soundtrack.

Thanks guys, we had the best time. The only bad part of the trip is that it's over.

For anyone having quality issues, just check your default youtube resolution. It's available in everything right up to 720HD.

Quality is great and I am on a 1mbs line!

Very professional - what software did you use to make the slide show?

“Africa changes you forever, like nowhere on earth. Once you have been there, you will never be the same." - Ernest Hemingway

Thanks Paul. It's called Photo and comes bundled with Mac OS. It's a picture organiser and viewing platform with the slideshow option. Lots of tools for customising the look you want. Integrated with iTunes for easy soundtrack adding. Your exported movie is also added to your iTunes library.
    Last edited by Trillian; 2016/11/18 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Spelling

Trillian, thank you I really enjoyed your slide show. It brought back some great memories.
    Landcruiser 76SW.

“Great journeys are memorable not so much for what you saw, but for where you camped”.

At least "Once a year go someplace you have never been before" Delai Lama.

Trans East Africa 2015/2016 Trip report http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/...e16?highlight= from post 315.

Great video, thanks for sharing!! We will be doing a similar trip this winter!!

Thanks for the info on the software - Amazing!

What were the highlights of your trip
    Best camp sites you would like to return to
    What would you do differently next time

“Africa changes you forever, like nowhere on earth. Once you have been there, you will never be the same." - Ernest Hemingway

This is very nice, it makes me wanna go on Holiday.

Fantastic photos. Must have been a beautiful trip. Thanks for sharing!

WOW!! This is a slideshow of note!!!
    Last edited by koosarnold; 2016/11/18 at 09:58 PM.
    Ford Ranger 2.2 XL Plus 2015 4X4. Now with Cooper S/T,Hella Spotlights, ARB Bull Bar, LAS Econoline Rear Bumper, Customised Rims, Stofpad Rocksliders, Auxiliary Battery Factory Fitted, Fridge Slider, Drawer System with Wolf Pack, Pro Fender Shocks with Extender Shackles and Spacers, Bash Plate, Escape Gear Seat Covers, Hytera two-way Radio, Associer Wiring Harness. Memories- Ford Ranger 3.0 2007 and 2011, Ford Ranger 1.8 LWB, Mazda Drifter 2002.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Dold View Post
    Thanks for the info on the software - Amazing!

What were the highlights of your trip
    Best camp sites you would like to return to
    What would you do differently next time
    What I'd do differently? 8 weeks instead of 4!

I'd like to spend more time in Purros and explore the upstream section of the Hoarisib. Also Palmwag area, we just dropped in there on our way to Twyfelfontein. Not to mention Kwowarib Schlucht and the area between Rhino Camp and the Haub. More wild camps - we only managed 3.

Camp Syncro was a favourite, the terrain there looks like another planet. Hoanib, Purros, Marienfluss, Hartmann, Ugab River.
    Van Zyl's and Divorce Passes. Just scary enough (mostly in anticipation) to wake up slightly sweaty on the morning of the feat. Ugab on our own with all the slightly wet and overgrown sections also provided some adrenalin.

Omarunga Camp at Epupa was great, nicer and quieter than Epupa Falls right next door. Kunene River Lodge very nice. Van Zyl's Community Camp is almost a destination in it's own right - three beautiful sites each with its own huge Ana tree. Lovely and unexpected ablution facilities too. Namtib is also out of this world. We were very tired and took a chance late in the day and drove the 11km from the gate without a booking and got the last available campsite. Only 5 and spaced far apart.

All the places we camped were great with two exceptions: Seeheim, because its seriously weird and we joked about not going to the shower alone because it had a Phsyco feel to it. Hobas, purely because of a noisy and late partying overland truck.

Plan in a few rest days in relatively unscenic places to give you poor brain a rest from the overload of improbably beautiful and downright impossible (Ugab and Doros area) scenery.

We had no bookings other than Etosha and even that wasn't necessary. October is probably not the busiest time of year though.

Thanks everyone!

Thanks for the most useful info.

Love to do that trip but with a second vehicle!

Quote Originally Posted by Trillian View Post
    What I'd do differently? 8 weeks instead of 4!

I'd like to spend more time in Purros and explore the upstream section of the Hoarisib. Also Palmwag area, we just dropped in there on our way to Twyfelfontein. Not to mention Kwowarib Schlucht and the area between Rhino Camp and the Haub. More wild camps - we only managed 3.

Camp Syncro was a favourite, the terrain there looks like another planet. Hoanib, Purros, Marienfluss, Hartmann, Ugab River.
    Van Zyl's and Divorce Passes. Just scary enough (mostly in anticipation) to wake up slightly sweaty on the morning of the feat. Ugab on our own with all the slightly wet and overgrown sections also provided some adrenalin.

Omarunga Camp at Epupa was great, nicer and quieter than Epupa Falls right next door. Kunene River Lodge very nice. Van Zyl's Community Camp is almost a destination in it's own right - three beautiful sites each with its own huge Ana tree. Lovely and unexpected ablution facilities too. Namtib is also out of this world. We were very tired and took a chance late in the day and drove the 11km from the gate without a booking and got the last available campsite. Only 5 and spaced far apart.

All the places we camped were great with two exceptions: Seeheim, because its seriously weird and we joked about not going to the shower alone because it had a Phsyco feel to it. Hobas, purely because of a noisy and late partying overland truck.

Plan in a few rest days in relatively unscenic places to give you poor brain a rest from the overload of improbably beautiful and downright impossible (Ugab and Doros area) scenery.

We had no bookings other than Etosha and even that wasn't necessary. October is probably not the busiest time of year though.

What can I say? Quite possibly the best trip report yet! Two quibbles - I am a grammar and spelling Nazi, so not Koakoland, but Kaokoland, and more accurately, Kaokoveld, and not Sossos but Sossus. Beautiful piece of work, thank you.
    Tony Weaver

1991 Land Rover 110 Hi-Line S/W 3.5l V8 carburettor
    Cooper Discoverer STT tyres, four sleeper Echo rooftop tent
    2012 Mitsubishi Outlander.

Previously Land Rover 1968 SII, 1969 SIIA, 1973 SIII, 1983 Toyota HiLux 2litre, 2006 Land Rover Freelander TD4 HSE.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Tony Weaver For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast