Wind noise

Thread: Wind noise

Default Wind noise

My 2016 TB has of wind noise (sometimes a light whistle) on the driver side. Is this normal? It remains the same when the mirrors fold back.

Default Re: Wind noise

Hi Paul-fit some wind/rain deflectors available at most China town shops....worked well for my ex- colt...driving at 100km/h gave a loud whistling sound that disappeared after fitment...

Have the same problem on my Isuzu. Have noticed that it seems to be the door though. When I pull door handle in, it stops. Will the wind deflectors help for that as well?

Logic says it will help to press the door more inwards, so should help. Is my logic correct?

Yes...pulling on door makes a better seal'-wind deflector will work whether Window open or closed....depends where the wind creeps in though...

Mine doing the same and dit irriteer my grensloos
    Range Rover Sport SC 4.2 V8 ( FATBOY )
    Disco1 V8 ( LAZYBOY )
    Austin Mini 1380cc ( Finiky )

6. The Following User Says Thank You to lazyboy For This Useful Post:

Had basically all door window rubbers replaced and still there to irretate me like mad. Mine is specifically on left rear door.

I know this sounds dodgy but when the older isuzus developed wind noise on their doors it was normally air leaking in alongside the windshield through the door seal. We used to open the door and give the top of the door window frame a quick hard push to "bend" it in a mm or two. This normally solved this.

GM replaced the door rubbers on the driver side and set the door hinges. No improvement.
    I ordered original GM wind deflectors. They come in a parcel for all 4 doors. Paid around R1600. Only mounted the front for a start. 90% improvement. Recommended.

There could be an alligment default or a "defect" straight from the factory....my ex- rover van den plass had it on the rear passenger door.... A gap of 2 mm!...thought it was just my car until saw a report later on top gear ...or something got slightly bend....could even be from jacking up the car at the wrong place.... if a "new" rubber does not fix,than the panels are not lining up or there's a defect or bend somewhere on the panel or chassis....could be a nightmare to locate though... besides, if wind gets in,so could water..,or you could try setting the catching-locking mechanism so that it closes the affected door "tighter"..,but keep in mind that doing this might mis-align that panel with the centre pillar and give it a " pulled in look" ,glad the " wind deflector " helped...plus they do create more pleasant conditions when driving at speed with an open window...
    Last edited by Kelpie; 2017/01/10 at 10:19 AM.

Thanks for your feedback. I'll mount the deflector on the back doors and give feedback. The additional advantage is that the tinted deflectors also act as a sun visor.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Paul Harris For This Useful Post:

Got a quote for R2600 for a set of deflectors (all 4 windows). Anyone know if this is more or less ball park?
    Stephan
    "All of us get lost in the darkness. Dreamers learn to steer by the stars"

Quote Originally Posted by Groenman View Post
    Got a quote for R2600 for a set of deflectors (all 4 windows). Anyone know if this is more or less ball park?
    I paid less at Westvaal delta. R1600 for GM parts. The deflectors made a big difference to wind rush noise. The final setting of the door at the lock in the pillar finally got rid of a whistle.