Pathetic Ignition TV Program on Executive Sedans

Thumbs down Pathetic Ignition TV Program on Executive Sedans

Hie,

Anybody watched the pathetic Ignition program on executive sedans. That was the most appalling car journalism program I have watched. How can one compare products from different ends of the spectrum? C180 vs A4 2.0 TFSI vs BMW320i vs Lexus is 250 vs A diesel Jaguar Seriously?

Why not pit a C300 vs 330i vs etc? Similar power and spec level. You don't need rocket science to figure that out.

Even African politics doesn't have that much bias.
    Last edited by Talia; 2016/10/09 at 10:32 PM.
    Talia

2017 Mercedes AMG GLE43 Coupe
    2015 Mercedes Benz C250
    2004 Mercedes Benz ML350
    1998 Mercedes Benz C200
    2010 Nissan Navara 2.5Dci (Sold)

Default Re: Pathetic Ignition TV Program on Executive Sedans

Cant agree more...the price range of the vehicles on test varied by like R200 000. Also the engines didnt even compare in the slightest. Compare a 115 kw merc motor with a 135kw bmw motor with a 170 kw audi motor. Off course theirs no comparison. This review reminds me of the fortuner vs everest review they did a month or two back. If you wanted to show someone what biased meant just have a look at that reviewm mentioned all of the fortuners strong points but none of the everests....was a joke

Yes, that one for the Fortuner vs Everest was ridiculous as well. I am not passionate about either of those vehicles but could easily see the bias. I enjoy TV programs on cars and read lots of magazines on vehicles. Though I may not be passionate about those vehicles I have a good amount of knowledge about them. Just how they would come to those conclusions boggles my mind. Makes me wonder...perhaps they are being paid by some manufactures? These guys are supposed to be factual.

Its ridiculous. Its a shame. I wonder what sort of audience they think they are addressing? Had a set scheduled recording of their programs. After those two programs I removed it. Its a waste of space on my decoder.
    Talia

2017 Mercedes AMG GLE43 Coupe
    2015 Mercedes Benz C250
    2004 Mercedes Benz ML350
    1998 Mercedes Benz C200
    2010 Nissan Navara 2.5Dci (Sold)

Dont' have dstv anymore, so which one won that strange comparison?

This one was not too bad: http://www.carmag.co.za/road_test/co...200-7g-tronic/

The merc & audi scored 81/100 with the BM tipping at 82/100
    2004 Ranger 4000 V6 Auto (Weekender & Heavy loads)
    2011 BMW X1 Auto (My Mommy-Wagon)
    2011 CashCow 1.6 (Swambo)