Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Default Re: Katse Dam Boat Fishing Trip - with Pics

Other boat we used was JC's (my son's pal) Splashbass with 70 Mercury.......nice boat, but we just once again saw you MUST keep your boat as light as possible, yet also able to plane fast. We towed this with my pal's Hilux 2,8 DC 4X4, Auto, and even that Lux got hot under the collar, towing the boat up those looooooooooong inclines.
    The Lux also struggled a wee bit launching and retrieving that heavier boat in the mud.......not a trainsmash, but still.
    Pic is JC (Left) and Jomar, my other son, on the right
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Petri Oosthuizen For This Useful Post:

Fishing was good, we took home around 56 or so in the 3 days we were there, with 2 boats.

And they taste delicious.

Not very big, biggest ones around 1,4kg, smallest around 800grams or so. We obviously threw back the little ones.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Petri Oosthuizen For This Useful Post:

Couple Piccies........

My pal and I went to Katse Wall the one day, just to how him what's what. Katse Lodge is closed, they are busy renovating and prepping it for all the contractors etc etc who will be staying there to build the big dam above Mohale.......as 10/12 year Project.

Good riddance......my opinion.

Olive the old Patrol was faultless as expected, not even the brakes overheated or shuddered.

Consumption was 4,9 km/litre......that's with 5 people, HEAVILY laden boat with fuel food etc etc, and inside lots of water/booze/food. Not bad, I think. She did 1st/2nd gear for a looooooong time at 3000+ RPM.

Anyway, thanks for watching the Pics, hope you enjoy!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dam1.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	78.9 KB 
ID:	619076   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dam2.jpg 
Views:	270 
Size:	116.7 KB 
ID:	619077   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dam4.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	102.0 KB 
ID:	619078   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dam5.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	149.8 KB 
ID:	619079   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dam6.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	204.3 KB 
ID:	619080   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20210615-WA0016 (002).jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	63.9 KB 
ID:	619081  

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Petri Oosthuizen For This Useful Post:

Ek wil net noem rakende daai pic van myself:

1) Ek is so klein bietjie geset, maar

1.1) Daai t shirt het rerig baie styf gesit en my kurwes dalk te veel beklemtoon,
    1.2) Daai sweetpakbroekie is so 18 jaar oud, al baie uitgerek (eintlik op sy max), so ek moes hom BAIE styf intrek oor my magie,
    1.3) Ek het so paar Castle Stouts in die kop afgegooi, wat dalk my so bietjie winderiger as gewoonlik laat lyk
    1.4) Daai lang oorhemp, ook nou al 'n collectors item, laat my korter lyk as wat ek rerig is

2) Dankie vir u belengstelling
    Last edited by Petri Oosthuizen; 2021/06/17 at 02:55 PM.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Petri Oosthuizen For This Useful Post:

If I remember when the dam was filling up we had to dive and remove the plug on the 4m dia pipe think it was at that dam not the other one but hell that water was so cold, and they wanted the plug remover once it was about 6m underwater, did not know why they did not do it in the dry
    1995 300TDi Defender with VGT Turbo (stolen by my son now )
    2002 Defender with LS1 MS3 ECU, 4L80e, LT230 1.222, Lockers and HD CW&P, 35" with 4" Lift
    2005 Defender TD5

Quote Originally Posted by Petri Oosthuizen View Post

1.1) Daai t shirt het rerig baie styf gesit en my kurwes dalk te veel beklemtoon,
    1.2) Daai sweetpakbroekie is so 18 jaar oud, al baie uitgerek (eintlik op sy max), so ek moes hom BAIE styf intrek oor my magie,
    1.3) Ek het so paar Castle Stouts in die kop afgegooi, wat dalk my so bietjie winderiger as gewoonlik laat lyk
    1.4) Daai lang oorhemp, ook nou al 'n collectors item, laat my korter lyk as wat ek rerig is

Sommige van ons weet wat ons weet, ons het nie fotos nodig nie!
    There is never a right time to do the wrong thing and never a wrong time to do the right thing!

Haha. Classic foto. Dit is nie net die hemp nie. Het jy die Patrol gelig of staan jy in n gat? 😈
    Discovery 3 V8 HSE
    Defender 90 2.8i
    Audi SQ5 Tdi
    Range Rover 4.4 V8 sold
    Audi A3T sold

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Beesblaas For This Useful Post:

Jis ek wou nog vra hoekom neem julle die ouens af wat langs die pad staan en bedel...

Hmmmmmm - soos Willem Wikkelspies ges het "the lady doth protest too much".......
    Ettienne de Kock

"ASK YOURSELF HOW OLD YOU'D BE IF YOU DIDN'T KNOW THE DATE YOU WERE BORN" - Toby Keith

1998 Disco Tdi
    1959 SII 88"
    1975 Land Rover Air-Portable Lightweight
    197? RRC
    AND SWAMBO's Unmentionable Abomination

15. The Following User Says Thank You to EttiennedK For This Useful Post:

Posts 106/7/8/9...........Sies

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Petri Oosthuizen For This Useful Post:

[QUOTE=Petri Oosthuizen;3362905]Evening Gents
    I really enjoyed browsing through the brochure and your post-used to visit the Oxbow lodge and area many years ago-will have to make a plan soon

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6