Some minor issues

Default Some minor issues

Hi all

As recently shared we have bought a relatively good second hand 2.8 LTZ 4x2 AT, 23k on the clock. I have since realised that a few niggles need to be fixed and I hope that GM will be willing to do that:

1. Both taillight lenses are "faulty". The RH one has dust on the inside that makes the indicator appear much darker than normal - the lens pulls away at the edges and lets in dust and moisture. I cannot seem to clean it myself. The LH lens also leaks moisture that accumulates on the inside after a wash or rain.
    2. The little hooks behind the second row of seats where the front half of the load bay cover hooks onto, keep falling out. I wanted to fix it myself, but there is not enough material left on the plastic hooks, so if GM will replace them, I will not pursue another solution myself.
    3. The climate control is extremely cold until you crank the dash readout up to 28 or 29 degrees, where it feels like other cars' systems set at 22. At 30 degrees it is very hot, so there is a very narrow band of normal temperature. Hopefully this is nothing more serious than some temperature sensor somewhere. Strangely, when it is cold outside, it seems to heat up earlier in the range of the dash readout, around 24 degrees, and behave more normal

Has anyone experienced similar niggles? Was the dealer helpful or not? I plan to use Zambesi.

Lastly, ours is an August 2014 model, thus the upgraded version. Is anybody aware of anything else I should get the dealer to have a look at on these models? For example, I have read about vibration complaints, a squeaking suspension and a knocking sound from the front at full lock in a parking lot. Were these only limited to pre-facelifted models?

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thank you
    2014 Chevrolet Trailblazer 2.8 LTZ 4x2 AT
    Also 1970 C10 4.1 three speed

Default Re: Some minor issues

Hi Burger

I also have the upgraded 2014 model. I have non of the issues, that you've pointed out, that some of the owners of the pre-updated models reported, although I also noticed recently some moisture in the tailgate lights after rain or a wash. Not excessive though. I believe most of the niggles with the previous version got sorted with the 2014 upgrade and engine noise got further reduced with the 2105 model.

Looking forward to the facelift coming soon!
    2014 Chevrolet Trailblazer 2.8 Auto 4x4
    2015 Jurgens XT140 Ext... maar ek soek 'n Bush Lapa
    Who needs a diff lock if you have 500Nm's

3. The Following User Says Thank You to globaljaco For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by globaljaco View Post
    Hi Burger

I also have the upgraded 2014 model. I have non of the issues, that you've pointed out, that some of the owners of the pre-updated models reported, although I also noticed recently some moisture in the tailgate lights after rain or a wash. Not excessive though. I believe most of the niggles with the previous version got sorted with the 2014 upgrade and engine noise got further reduced with the 2105 model.

Looking forward to the facelift coming soon!
    Thanks for the reply.

I'm actually also looking forward to the facelift, but I'm done buying cars for a long time now, so I will bee admiring them from behind the wheel of the cars I have now. Sad. I really hope that sales improve a lot because these are good vehicles and they deserve better market share in my opinion.

I saw the weekend after washing the Blazer some moisture in the rear left tail light. Not major so I'm not going to make a fuss. No dust noted.

The one hook also came loose but I siliconed it.

2013 model. All pre 2014 issues were resolved by dealer without problem.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Brent For This Useful Post:

Somerset West near Cape Town South Africa

The rear lights fitted to the tailgate a few of the LED's stopped working, Westvaal in Somerset West replaced them under warranty. Unit cost? R7k the pair! I nearly fell over. I had the chrome strip above the number plate replaced because of small rust pock marks, also under warranty. Unit cost? R3k.

I enquired the cost of replacing my 18 inch wheel rims for Trailblazer LT 16 inch rims, I was quoted over R6k per rim.

I wonder why Chevrolet parts are so expensive?
    Last edited by Malcolmj; 2016/09/28 at 08:49 AM.
    2013 Chev Trailblazer 2.8 4x4 auto.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Malcolmj For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    I saw the weekend after washing the Blazer some moisture in the rear left tail light. Not major so I'm not going to make a fuss. No dust noted.

The one hook also came loose but I siliconed it.

2013 model. All pre 2014 issues were resolved by dealer without problem.
    Yep, I may have to do the same for the hooks. Three of mine are coming off regularly. Or maybe I will try using Pratley Putty. Depends on what I have in my garage. I can also try to seal the edge of the one taillight that has moisture if I don't get joy from the dealer.

Thanks for the input.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolmj View Post
    The rear lights fitted to the tailgate a few of the LED's stopped working, Westvaal in Somerset West replaced them under warranty. Unit cost? R7k the pair! I nearly fell over. I had the chrome strip above the number plate replaced because of small rust pock marks, also under warranty. Unit cost? R3k.

I enquired the cost of replacing my 18 inch wheel rims for Trailblazer LT 16 inch rims, I was quoted over R6k per rim.

I wonder why Chevrolet parts are so expensive?
    That is expensive. Could be the Rand/Dollar exchange rate - that gets blamed for many things. I wonder if they show us mere mortals the prices for such items just to make us more grateful for their help. And another thing, I held that lens in my hand and I was not overcome by admiration for what it felt like. Felt almost cheap. But it was made to be visible, so I suppose what it feels like does not really matter. It is what it is.

Maybe you could look for those rims elsewhere, or even buy after market rims.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by BurgerRi View Post
    Yep, I may have to do the same for the hooks. Three of mine are coming off regularly. Or maybe I will try using Pratley Putty. Depends on what I have in my garage. I can also try to seal the edge of the one taillight that has moisture if I don't get joy from the dealer.

Thanks for the input.
    Our right rear tail light has moisture in it. Asked the dealers to try dry it out.....they looked at me and said "nah, that's a replacement under warranty"
    Had new front brake pads put in, R2400. Old ones were finished, but got to 90,000km. No other suppliers or manufacters stock these pads.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Gav.S For This Useful Post:

Default Chev trailblazer 2013 2.8. 4x4

I am living in namibia and our dealer asks for one driverside tail light N$7800 . Is there any other supplier in South Africa? Any help would be appreciated.

Default Re: Chev trailblazer 2013 2.8. 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by Sakkie17 View Post
    I am living in namibia and our dealer asks for one driverside tail light N$7800 . Is there any other supplier in South Africa? Any help would be appreciated.
    You might have to import from overseas to get a good price. I remember on my mom's audi I needed clips for the wiper blades. Audi, Goldwagen, and all other places only sold the whole wiper blade arm, at a massive price. I managed to import it from Amazon for a fraction of the price.
    2011 Freelander 2 SE
    Swambo : 2012 BMW 530d Msport("the beast")