Terrano #1 injector needle lift sensor

Default Terrano #1 injector needle lift sensor

I took apart an old "broken" #1 injector (Terrano II TD27) to see what was going on an why it was supposedly broken. This is what I found:
    Name:  2016-09-24 19.44.40.jpg
Views: 1569
Size:  19.1 KB

The second little part from the right is the sensor I'm led to believe. Now, it seems the whole thing is fine (I can have it tested at a workshop for pressure and spay pattern, but that's not the point) except for the sensor. Instead of that little thing being available as a spare, the workshop manual simply says: "Do not disassemble No. 1 nozzle (with needle lift sensor). Entrust disassembly or adjustment to BOSCH service shop."... :-( Grrr... It turns out they don't do that. They ask for R8000 to replace the whole damn thing.

The best I can find is about R2700 from the UK and Europe (excluding transport), so the South African's are ripping us off again, but R2700 is still a steep price to pay for something that could be repaired...

So I'd like to know if anyone has found a source for that the part 2nd from the right? That would fix the injector, not?

regards

Roland
    Last edited by lifeboy; 2016/09/24 at 08:23 PM.

Default Re: Terrano #1 injector needle lift sensor

Hi, I know its old post but what was the outcome? can the #1 injector/needle lift sensor be refurbished?
    Thanks in advance
    jan