Toyota Pardo VX Center Diff Light Blinking

Default Toyota Pardo VX Center Diff Light Blinking

Good Day All

Need the help from Toyota Gurus, I have a Prado VX 2006 with 260 000 KM on the Clock. In the last few weeks sometimes when I start the car the center diff light is on and blinking. If I switch the ignition off and restart the car the light stays off. I have been on the interweb and some of the chaps suggest changing the center diff oil, this is have done, even went as far as using Toyota Oil from toyota as not to put the incorrect oil in the diff. The problem is still there I must say it is very intermittent as it does not always come on hen starting the car.

I Know the lock up is working as I can engage Low and lock up the center and I can hear it lock and unlock in a straight line, so I do not think it is the locker its self. Any of the Toyota boys have any thoughts on the problem?

Regards

Brent

Default Re: Toyota Pardo VX Center Diff Light Blinking

My next bet would be the actuator itself. They are known to get sticky when they get old.
    Ockert
    Toyota Prado 120 4.0VX

Thanks for the reply, do you know if this is a serviceable item, e.i. take out and clean. or is it a replacement?

Sounds like an electrical issue to me. A flicking light usually indicates that it is trying to engage. By switching on and off and getting a different result, tells me that something electric is not lekka.