Airport Farm Storage for vehicles / buying a car in ZA for non-ZA resident

Default Airport Farm Storage for vehicles / buying a car in ZA for non-ZA resident

Hi All,
    I'm looking to buy a 4x4 in/around Jo-burg in October but need somewhere to store it when we aren't in the country. I've read that in Namibia there are Farms near the airport that rent out space to store overland vehicles etc when the owners aren't there - does anyone have any knowledge on this for SA?
    Second point is, we are looking (from Europe) to buy a 4x4 in Joburg that we can use to travel in Sub-Saharan Africa for the next few years. Either a Landcruiser 80 or 105 series, Ford Ranger or Hilux double cab. (Had a Hilux when we lived in Zim and we out grew it (1996 model) so would have to be a larger size if so). Does anyone have any suggestions of where to look for the best vehicles? Budget of about 175,000ZAR. One that is road ready and not a lemon ;-)
    Many thanks and I hope this is the right spot for this post.

Charlotte

Default Re: Airport Farm Storage for vehicles / buying a car in ZA for non-ZA resident

Quote Originally Posted by charlotteas View Post
    Hi All,
    I'm looking to buy a 4x4 in/around Jo-burg in October but need somewhere to store it when we aren't in the country. I've read that in Namibia there are Farms near the airport that rent out space to store overland vehicles etc when the owners aren't there - does anyone have any knowledge on this for SA?
    Second point is, we are looking (from Europe) to buy a 4x4 in Joburg that we can use to travel in Sub-Saharan Africa for the next few years. Either a Landcruiser 80 or 105 series, Ford Ranger or Hilux double cab. (Had a Hilux when we lived in Zim and we out grew it (1996 model) so would have to be a larger size if so). Does anyone have any suggestions of where to look for the best vehicles? Budget of about 175,000ZAR. One that is road ready and not a lemon ;-)
    Many thanks and I hope this is the right spot for this post.

Charlotte
    Hallo Charlotte
    Is there another way that I can make contact with you. I have a Mitsubishi Pajero that is in excellent condition that I want to sell.
    Erik

1999 Pajero 3.5l Auto
    2007 Fortuner 3.0l D4D

Default Re: Airport Farm Storage for vehicles / buying a car in ZA for non-ZA resident

Thanks for your offer, but we are looking for a manual - I believe yours is automatic?

Hi Charlotte.

We are based 20km from OR Tambo and can provide storage space.

We can be checked/contacted through www.maree.co.za

Johan Maree
    Isuzu 300 d-tec
    MB Gwagen G350 Bluetec
    Nissan NP300 2.4 4x4
    BMW R1200GS & GSA