Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Coffee machine repairer?

Coffee machine repairer, rebuilder, call Robin 082 710 6245
    Toyota Hilux 4x4 4 Litre
    Conquerer Courage
    KTM 690 Enduro R

I had great service, quick and very reasonable from Jay at espresso works, he is situated next to Sumatra.

I will go back to him every time.
    Barry Hall

Land Cruiser 105

Quote Originally Posted by avk View Post
    Having some issues with my auto coffee machine, a Delonghi Magnifica ESAM3500. Showing an error message "GROUND TOO FINE ADJUST MILL! Insert water spout and press ok". From my research it seems the error message means that the pump needs to be primed? Waiting on an answer from Delonghi head office, but wanted to know if anybody knows of a reputable company that could look at it?

It's out of warranty, so I have to repair it myself.
    Our DeLonghi did the same after about 3 years service. The repair quote came to R2700 apart from the R450 that we paid for a quote. We decided against a repair.
    Johan Maree
    Isuzu 300 d-tec
    MB Gwagen G350 Bluetec
    Nissan NP300 2.4 4x4
    Conqueror UEV-25

Quote Originally Posted by JohanMaree View Post
    Our DeLonghi did the same after about 3 years service. The repair quote came to R2700 apart from the R450 that we paid for a quote. We decided against a repair.
    Jip. I can't remember exactly what the repair cost was (it was about 4 years ago), but it wasn't cheap. If memory serves it was somewhere between R1500 and R1800. Touch wood...it has not set a foot wrong since then.

Expensive repair, but I reasoned at the time that it was cheaper than buying a new machine.
    Anton van Kampen

"At the end of the game, the King and the pawn go back into the same box." - Italian Proverb
    "The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it." - Ansel Adams

I might also mention that after that repair in 2016, the machine went back 3 times in 2017. It worked for a while, and then start doing the same thing again. Repeatedly.

By the 3rd time it went back I was a little....uhm...gatvol. One of the guys this time stripped the machine at my insistence and started investigating each part. They found that the machine had sections which had a slimy buildup which wasn't noticed before. This was cleaned and repaired/replaced on their account. I can't remember where exactly the buildup was, think it was in the water pump itself and some of the piping. This had an effect on the pressure build-up. Figured out that this was due to something in the tap water.

After that I started using only filtered water in the machine. Hasn't set a foot wrong again since then. I actually went and installed a 5-stage water filter in the kitchen, so I no longer had to buy water.
    Anton van Kampen

"At the end of the game, the King and the pawn go back into the same box." - Italian Proverb
    "The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it." - Ansel Adams

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2