Chevy Trailblazer 2.5 LT - Premature Clutch Failure

Unhappy Chevy Trailblazer 2.5 LT - Premature Clutch Failure

Hey All

I have a bit of a question and was hoping the clever blokes here could guide me a little.

I own a Chevy Trailblazer 2.5 LT. Didn't require the power of the 2.8 4x4 and hardly go off road. It went in for it's 45000km service just about a month ago when I complained about the clutch slipping (at the upper end of its travel as it engages).

Either a slip or shudder but it's most noticeable obviously in 1st, 2nd and reverse and then on odd occasions some days in heavy traffic it might not slip at all.

GM's response was simple: Sorry, Clutch is considered a wear and tear item and is therefore not covered under warranty.

So my questions:
    1. Is it just me? Or are there other Trailblazer owners out there who experienced early failure on their clutches also?
    2. Am I just being over sensitive? Am I expecting too much by thinking that a clutch should at the very least outlast the initial warranty period of 100 000km? Is it wrong of me to consider this to be premature failure?

My driving style is pretty placid...and well...it's not a racing car... you can't really be heavy on the clutch...considering that the vehicle doesn't do Off road trails. 95% tar 5% gravel road. Towed an old Sprite caravan down to the south coast once and a loaded trailer to the Underberg once (yup, pretty damn boring haahaahaa)

I'd like to hear from fellow Trailblazer owners if this should be considered "Normal Wear and Tear".

Thanks!
    Last edited by clotter; 2016/08/01 at 12:13 PM.

Default Re: Chevy Trailblazer 2.5 LT - Premature Clutch Failure

I don't know about the Trailblazer but under normal conditions a clutch should last+/_ 160k. Depending on the driver/s it could be less. Could be a slave cylinder leaking or a clutch adjustment that's needed.
    2011 Isuzu 300d-teq 4x4 d/c
    Home built Blapsie caravan.
    The decision you make today, will determine the road you walk tomorrow

Default Re: Chevy Trailblazer 2.5 LT - Premature Clutch Failure

Does it slip or shudder? Sounds like you describe shudder but use the word slip. Never seen a clutch slip in reverse, and they seldom slip in 1st or 2nd. Usually 4th/5th when you hit the throttle.
    Last edited by sweeper; 2016/08/01 at 08:41 PM.