When will Fiat discontinue the new Fiat pick-up (bakkie)?

Default When will Fiat discontinue the new Fiat pick-up (bakkie)?

I am a Fiat fan currently owning 2 Fiat cars and have had 2 others previously (Punto and Palio) which have been sold.

However they seem to drop models at the whim of the tea lady it seems.
    • Three years ago I bought the Panda the week it was offered for sale in SA. They no longer sell Pandas in South Africa.
    • At about the same time they introduced the people carrying Qubo. They no longer offer this model for sale.
    • The face-lifted Punto was on sale for about 2 years and .... you guessed it gone.
    • A good number of years ago there was the Sceicento (excuse the spelling) and that too did not last long.
    • There are other models that also have fallen by the wayside very quickly.

So how long will this model be offered for sale?
    Kevin
    2016 VW Polo Vivo 1.4
    2014 Mitsubishi Outlander (wife's car).
    1969 Series IIa 109 station wagon (Chev 3800 engine) Sold

Default Re: When will Fiat discontinue the new Fiat pick-up (bakkie)?

Depends on how well it sells. But yes, I've also noted that some Fiats depart as quietly as they arrived.
    2001 Gen 3 Pajero swb 3.2 Di-D

Quote Originally Posted by Jens78 View Post
    Depends on how well it sells. But yes, I've also noted that some Fiats depart as quietly as they arrived.
    I remember in the early 80's Fiat marketing was they would give you R1500 as trade in on any car whether is could drive or not .Some oukes towed their scrap cars in and got R1500 for it as long as they bought a new Fiat .Seems Fiat forgot what that would do the 2nd hand car market . In all honesty the Fiat 124 special and the Fiat 125 even the little 128 were brilliant cars . The body work rusted but the mechanical were top notch . Mind you the UNO's were pretty good value for money after that hmmm not much happened .

Quote Originally Posted by smarty View Post
    I remember in the early 80's Fiat marketing was they would give you R1500 as trade in on any car whether is could drive or not .Some oukes towed their scrap cars in and got R1500 for it as long as they bought a new Fiat .Seems Fiat forgot what that would do the 2nd hand car market . In all honesty the Fiat 124 special and the Fiat 125 even the little 128 were brilliant cars . The body work rusted but the mechanical were top notch . Mind you the UNO's were pretty good value for money after that hmmm not much happened .
    Oh yeah? Remember the first Multipla's shocking face! But yes, sales wise not much.
    2001 Gen 3 Pajero swb 3.2 Di-D

Quote Originally Posted by Jens78 View Post
    Oh yeah? Remember the first Multipla's shocking face! But yes, sales wise not much.
    MultiPadda . Lol.