Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Advice: Bmw 650 gs?

...This is the bike, probably left outside, sorry KM is around 25XXX.

This is not in SA, so these bikes are scarce, but happy to do the work myself as a project, not sure what is going on with the exhaust??

I am worried about potential wiring issues though!
    Last edited by Fastfly4; 2022/09/12 at 04:21 PM.
    Fastfly

Mitsubishi Pajero Sport
    3.2 manual
    Stoffpad bash plate.

I can check computer system for you.

Who Dares Wins

Logic will take you from A to B
    Imagination will take you everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by eagle eye View Post
    I can check computer system for you.
    Thanks! I would love that...But bike is not in SA, it's in Mauritius.
    Last edited by Fastfly4; 2022/09/12 at 04:32 PM.
    Fastfly

Mitsubishi Pajero Sport
    3.2 manual
    Stoffpad bash plate.

Quote Originally Posted by Fastfly4 View Post
    ...This is the bike, probably left outside, sorry KM is around 25XXX.

This is not in SA, so these bikes are scarce, but happy to do the work myself as a project, not sure what is going on with the exhaust??

I am worried about potential wiring issues though!
    Nice! A Dakar. I had one. Two actually. And I had the wiring issues with the second one (06 model year). I believe there was a recall for that at some point but not sure. A specific harness gets chafed through over time against the frame. I don't know where exactly it sits. Mine affected the rev counter and unfortunately burned the ABS pump. Didn't leave me stranded though. I had the ABS bypassed at a local BMW indy and rode like that until shortly before I sold it. That mileage is not high, I doubt that one will have the problem yet. But it might be worth while to do some more research on the recall and find out if there is a way to inspect is. As far as I know it was not widespread. I was just unlucky with mine. Didn't have that issue on my first Dakar (07 model year) which I had well into 50k km before it got stolen.
    Last edited by Pieter van Eeden; 2022/09/12 at 05:33 PM.
    Jeep WK 3.0 CRD - In the market, PM me for details
    Isuzu 300dTeq 4x4 DC - sold
    BMW F650 GS Dakar - sold

Wir könnten nur sagen wir lieben Südwest!

Can point to a non dakar one in SA, note sure what budget is and technical expertise to continue working on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieter van Eeden View Post
    Nice! A Dakar. I had one. Two actually. And I had the wiring issues with the second one (06 model year). I believe there was a recall for that at some point but not sure. A specific harness gets chafed through over time against the frame. I don't know where exactly it sits. Mine affected the rev counter and unfortunately burned the ABS pump. Didn't leave me stranded though. I had the ABS bypassed at a local BMW indy and rode like that until shortly before I sold it. That mileage is not high, I doubt that one will have the problem yet. But it might be worth while to do some more research on the recall and find out if there is a way to inspect is. As far as I know it was not widespread. I was just unlucky with mine. Didn't have that issue on my first Dakar (07 model year) which I had well into 50k km before it got stolen.
    Correct, turns it into a project... some like it, some don't, easier when have a salary re:wiring harness issue. So must recover harness etc. Heated grips replace the grips etc... win and learn. Some things just in different places. It's a learning curve bike forsure. Then again if have money to sent to BMW when ever have a issue, why not. Though one should take interest in vehicle, and there are many online resources if one has the technical support or expertise.

Can help with rubber grips for a f650 if give us a call , can match or beat the local market value slightly and include standard shipping.
    If able to measure may fit other models just look or feel different, not sure how will stand up to heat on other models.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2