Botswana 2019 ckgr Mabuasehube Moremi khwai Savuti





Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Age
    32
    Posts
    6
    Thanked: 0

    Default Botswana 2019 ckgr Mabuasehube Moremi khwai Savuti

    Hi everyone. This my first time using the forum. We are planning a Botswana trip for 2019.
    It will be in june and July

    As this is our first trip camping in Botswana any advice would be greatly appreciated.

    Our trip is as follows

    Night 1-5
    Mabuasehube
    2xmpaya 1
    2xmabua camp 4
    1 night open any suggestions?

    Night 6-8
    Kgalagadi
    Nossob x2
    Kaa x1

    Night 9-11
    Moremi
    Not sure what’s the best xaxanaxa or 3rd bridge

    Night 12-14
    Khwai

    Night 15and 16
    Savuti
    Any advice for the best campsites to book?

    Night 17-20
    Ckgr
    3xsunday camp 3
    1xpiper camp 1

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Delmas
    Age
    60
    Posts
    11,557
    Thanked: 626

    Default Re: Botswana 2019 ckgr Mabuasehube Moremi khwai Savuti

    Quote Originally Posted by Jako1987 View Post
    Hi everyone. This my first time using the forum. We are planning a Botswana trip for 2019.
    It will be in june and July

    As this is our first trip camping in Botswana any advice would be greatly appreciated.

    Our trip is as follows

    Night 1-5
    Mabuasehube
    2xmpaya 1
    2xmabua camp 4
    1 night open any suggestions? LEsoloage 2

    Night 6-8
    Kgalagadi
    Nossob x2
    Kaa x1


    A bit far driveing. Plan 1 night in Maun. Sedia Hotel nice camping then the next day to Moremi

    Night 9-11
    Moremi
    Not sure what’s the best xaxanaxa or 3rd bridge

    Night 12-14
    Khwai

    Night 15and 16
    Savuti
    Any advice for the best campsites to book?


    Again to far for 1 day. Sleep inbetween.

    Night 17-20
    Ckgr
    3xsunday camp 3
    1xpiper camp 1
    Elize

    en ry saam met SarelF in
    VW AMAROK MET BLINKGATCAMPER:
    My Platkar:- Peugeot 208

    Kyk gerus by www.blinkgatproducts.com
    Vir enige aluminium produkte,canopy's, campers kontak gerus
    Sarel 0828209413

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ghanzi, Botswana
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,815
    Thanked: 837

    Default Re: Botswana 2019 ckgr Mabuasehube Moremi khwai Savuti

    Welcome to the FORUM...Check availability first for some of the campsites, especially Mpaya 1 and Savuti. They fill up fast in that period, then you can plan quickly and book them. Was trying to book Mpaya 1 for May 2019 and it was fully booked. Ended up at Mabua 01 Campsite.

    _______________________________
    2011
    VW Amarok BIturbo TDI 4Motion
    2019 Land Cruiser 79 4.2 S/C
    _______________________________

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Age
    32
    Posts
    6
    Thanked: 0

    Default Re: Botswana 2019 ckgr Mabuasehube Moremi khwai Savuti

    Quote Originally Posted by PAT n WOLF View Post
    Welcome to the FORUM...Check availability first for some of the campsites, especially Mpaya 1 and Savuti. They fill up fast in that period, then you can plan quickly and book them. Was trying to book Mpaya 1 for May 2019 and it was fully booked. Ended up at Mabua 01 Campsite.
    Hi. Luckily all campsites stated has already been booked. Just need to book Moremi, savuti and khwai.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ghanzi, Botswana
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,815
    Thanked: 837

    Default Re: Botswana 2019 ckgr Mabuasehube Moremi khwai Savuti

    Quote Originally Posted by Jako1987 View Post
    Hi. Luckily all campsites stated has already been booked. Just need to book Moremi, savuti and khwai.
    OK that's great.Then you sorted...

    _______________________________
    2011
    VW Amarok BIturbo TDI 4Motion
    2019 Land Cruiser 79 4.2 S/C
    _______________________________

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    George
    Age
    46
    Posts
    431
    Thanked: 164

    Default Re: Botswana 2019 ckgr Mabuasehube Moremi khwai Savuti

    Quote Originally Posted by Jako1987 View Post

    Night 1-5
    Mabuasehube
    2xmpaya 1
    2xmabua camp 4
    1 night open any suggestions? I would try and add a night to either your Mpaya or your Mabua bookings. Moving around so much is not necessary.



    Night 9-11
    Moremi
    Not sure what’s the best xaxanaxa or 3rd bridge. I like both. If you are a small group you stand a bigger of sharing a campsite at 3rd Bridge.

    Night 15and 16
    Savuti
    Any advice for the best campsites to book? People have different preferences, some prefer close to the channel (1, 3 and 4), some prefer (like me) more privacy on the other side more in the bush (5, 6, 7 and 8 and some prefer being closer to the ablutions (more generator noise though)
    I agree with PatnWolf, much will depend on what is actually available. With the age of booking agents and lots of foreigners in rentals - many sites are block booked and you have to take whats left if you dont book way in advance.
    Last edited by AMacAfrica; 2018/07/24 at 09:07 AM.
    Andrew


    Land Cruiser 76 (4.2)

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Age
    32
    Posts
    6
    Thanked: 0

    Default Re: Botswana 2019 ckgr Mabuasehube Moremi khwai Savuti

    Quote Originally Posted by AMacAfrica View Post
    I agree with PatnWolf, much will depend on what is actually available. With the age of booking agents and lots of foreigners in rentals - many sites are block booked and you have to take whats left if you dont book way in advance.
    Thanks for the input.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Age
    32
    Posts
    6
    Thanked: 0

    Default Re: Botswana 2019 ckgr Mabuasehube Moremi khwai Savuti

    Quote Originally Posted by AMacAfrica View Post
    I agree with PatnWolf, much will depend on what is actually available. With the age of booking agents and lots of foreigners in rentals - many sites are block booked and you have to take whats left if you dont book way in advance.
    But in general is there anything you would change regarding the trip or do you think it works out well?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    George
    Age
    46
    Posts
    431
    Thanked: 164

    Default Re: Botswana 2019 ckgr Mabuasehube Moremi khwai Savuti

    Hi Jako. I am usually hesitant to comment on other peoples itineraries as we are all so different in what we like. You will be seeing some awesome places, but you have lots of driving - so I hope you like that. I would be particularly cautious of Kaa all the way into Moremi, and then from Savuti all the way to Sunday Pan - that will be a long day! I would skip Savuti for another trip and rather stay a night or two in Maun or Khumaga.
    Last edited by AMacAfrica; 2018/07/24 at 11:54 AM.
    Andrew


    Land Cruiser 76 (4.2)

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to AMacAfrica For This Useful Post:


  11. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Age
    32
    Posts
    6
    Thanked: 0

    Default Re: Botswana 2019 ckgr Mabuasehube Moremi khwai Savuti

    Quote Originally Posted by AMacAfrica View Post
    Hi Jako. I am usually hesitant to comment on other peoples itineraries as we are all so different in what we like. You will be seeing some awesome places, but you have lots of driving - so I hope you like that. I would be particularly cautious of Kaa all the way into Moremi, and then from Savuti all the way to Sunday Pan - that will be a long day! I would skip Savuti for another trip and rather stay a night or two in Maun or Khumaga.
    Which 2 of Moremi khwai and savuti do you recommend we visit if we do cut 1 from the trip?

  12. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    George
    Age
    46
    Posts
    431
    Thanked: 164

    Default Re: Botswana 2019 ckgr Mabuasehube Moremi khwai Savuti

    I would skip Savuti because that can be included in a good future trip that explores Chobe as a whole. I would do Maun on night 9, then 10 and 11 at 3rdB of Xakanaka (depends where you can get space), then keep your existing booking Khwai and then start moving South again.
    Andrew


    Land Cruiser 76 (4.2)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •