2014 Merc E 250 CDI - First Hand Impressions, please??

Default 2014 Merc E 250 CDI - First Hand Impressions, please??

Good Day Gents

I can buy a 2014 E 250 CDI at one hell of a good price.

Car has 96000km, Motorplan Time is till 2020, but the Mileage expires at 100 000.

Car is in absolutely mint condition.

I'm driving around with stock at the moment, sommer using a 2011 Vivo 1,6 (tough little bugger that!!)..........This would be a VERY nice "office"for me, I do a lot of tar per month, but I have some concerns.

I want some advise here please:

1) Can I drive daily gravel with this?? I need a car that can also take me home and back. It's about 4 km gravel, and I will crawl at 30km/h if necessary (meaning, not a high speed 30km gravel road).
    2) Should I buy KM on that Motorplan at all costs, or is maintenance/service costs not that high??
    3) What is fuel consumption on that, at around 120-140 km/h?? I'm guessing around 13/14 km per litre??

Any other comments from 1st hand owners would be highly appreciated.

I do'nt really need this, can live without it - but it just fell into my lap yesterday, and it would be a very nice daily driver. If I can extend the mileage on the Plan to 200 000, I'd be buying a mint E Class with 100 000+ km on Motorplan at the price of a new top end Corolla.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!
    "Everything You See, I Owe to Spaghetti" (Sophia Loren)

Default Re: 2014 Merc E 250 CDI - First Hand Impressions, please??

Quote Originally Posted by Petri Oosthuizen View Post
    Good Day Gents

I can buy a 2014 E 250 CDI at one hell of a good price.

Car has 96000km, Motorplan Time is till 2020, but the Mileage expires at 100 000.

Car is in absolutely mint condition.

I'm driving around with stock at the moment, sommer using a 2011 Vivo 1,6 (tough little bugger that!!)..........This would be a VERY nice "office"for me, I do a lot of tar per month, but I have some concerns.

I want some advise here please:

1) Can I drive daily gravel with this?? I need a car that can also take me home and back. It's about 4 km gravel, and I will crawl at 30km/h if necessary (meaning, not a high speed 30km gravel road).
    2) Should I buy KM on that Motorplan at all costs, or is maintenance/service costs not that high??
    3) What is fuel consumption on that, at around 120-140 km/h?? I'm guessing around 13/14 km per litre??

Any other comments from 1st hand owners would be highly appreciated.

I do'nt really need this, can live without it - but it just fell into my lap yesterday, and it would be a very nice daily driver. If I can extend the mileage on the Plan to 200 000, I'd be buying a mint E Class with 100 000+ km on Motorplan at the price of a new top end Corolla.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!
    Are you sure the plan only runs to 100k KM? They usually have a maintenance plan up to 120k KM but it might have changed, it has been a while since I bought a new Mercedes. As for extending the maintenance plan, if you can, do it. Mercedes Benz have probably the most comprehensive maintenance plan available and will replace just about anything that fails.

From the mileage it sounds as though this car did a lot of long distance cruising, I like this kind of history because the engine ran at full operating temperature most of its life and wasn't left standing for long periods.

If I were in your shoes, the price was very good and I could extend the maintenance plan it would be a no-brainer. You will have a very comfortable vehicle which for 4 years you don't need to spend a cent on maintenance other than new tyres.
    2019 Mahindra S6 Pik Up S/C 4x4
    2007 Mercedes Benz ML500 5.5
    1968 VW Beetle 2276

Thanks Koebel

Yes, the newer Merc plans (looks like it) go to 100 kkm, but with no owner contributions, like the older "step up" plans - that's how I have it anyway.
    Car belonged to a Kooperasie Director, so yes, only did long distance business miles.
    I'm waiting for a quote from Merc to extend those miles to +- 200kkm. Getting it at a steal, so for an extra couple thousand RR's it will be a good buy, with more than 100kkm on Plan.
    I do'nt really really need it.........maar wat. Daai Polo'tjie is ook maar raserig op 140

Had a 2010 from new as a company car.

7l/100km at 130/140

Great solid car, no problems with gravel.

Extend the motor plan, preserves the resale value when you sell on 170k kms
    Citroen C5
    Touareg V8
    Audi A6 3.0 Avant

I decided against this, thanks anyway for all the inputs!!

Car is available at R 100 000 below Trade Value - R 361 000. Trades at R 461000, Retails at R 515 000.

Mint condition, 1 contactable previous owner. Finance, RWC, papers etc etc all 101% and available.

I'm just doing too many business km, and have to get to the Plaas and back daily on a bad gravel road......would rather use a Polo'tjie for that.