Drinking alcohol on the Dewildt 4c4 trail - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: Drinking alcohol on the Dewildt 4c4 trail

IMO, you don't need much alcohol to blunt the edge you may need even on a mild stretch.

I am a daily drinker, after work, when I am pretty sure no driving will be called for.

Drinking on trails is a recreational exercise and I am sorry, just about every single last of the oaks I have seen taking a couple of beers before or during the trail, had sloppy vehicle control.

And I am not willing to dig his kid out from under the roof of his car, so I simply do not attend these events.

Go on, motivate the grey areas of "acceptable alcohol intake while driving" as much as you like and explore it at your peril.

Just don't come and beg for sympathy when things goes wrong.
    1999 Discovery 1, 300 Tdi - "Tink Tanky"
    2004 Discovery 2 Td5 - "Blink Tanky"

"Logic is a systematic method of coming to the wrong conclusion with confidence."

"A technician will let a system degenerate to the level of his understanding and maintain it there."

"...it is abundantly clear that you are an arrogant C-nut." - Estee. (I was overwhelmed. It was the nicest thing someone has said to me in a week!)

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Manny View Post
    A Hilux you say?
    Probably celebrating that it hasn't been stolen.
    It's a know fact that all Hilux's get stolen [Citation needed]...

Careful Manny, SPCA may be contacted to report you for flogging a dead horse.....
    There is no task too simple for some people to complicate !

Chev Aveo and Atos and Polo.

Quote Originally Posted by duncang View Post
    Careful Manny, SPCA may be contacted to report you for flogging a dead horse.....
    ive heard he's been abusing crocodiles too.

he's in 'Die Nile'

Quote Originally Posted by duncang View Post
    The Stolen Hilux horse can still be flogged for many, many years...

BAHAWWA nothing much has changed,
    ORA
    -------------------------
    Ian

I do not drink alcohol so I cannot really comment but I think not drinking in the morning could be an etiquette thing inherited from certain cultures; same as drinking from a glass (not glass bottle) in the presence of ladies. I suppose these things are dissappearing from society as generations come and go.

Quote Originally Posted by NEON DEON View Post
    Drinkiing on trails have been discussed to death, what i find amusing is that most respondents feel its ok to have w drink after the days driving and then go home?so its ok to have a shot before going home but not ok to do so while on the trail?
    I used to ride my sports bike in ET , we enjoyed the high speed and we had an unwritted rule no drinks
    while keys in the bike, so we had a milkshake and only had a drink if the bikes were parked for the night, our reputation did suffer on ocasions as we were seen to be hard core bikers and it was assumed we drank like sailors on vacation , when in fact we were softies when it came to booze.
    Long story short , dont crusify the guy with a drink in his hand on the trail if you are going to have one after as you will be intocicated on the road, just as guilty,
    ok now crusify me,
    The only thing I'm going to crucify you on is your punctuation and spelling. Maybe don't drink and text?
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

Jelo , typed the post on a tablet, those things can make you type craze things. and then to go back and edit , eish
    05 TJ SAHARA
    08 3.8 JK ULTD RUBICON

Being a youngster. I kinda feel like a 50 year old at a 20 year olds party....
    Sure, I like to have a glass of wine with SWAMBO. Sure I like a beer when I go out for lunch with her parents... BUT I WONT DRIVE. Even if I had 2 beers.

And nothing gets me more pissedof than drunk/almost drunk people behind the wheel...

If there is one thing I learned from my dad before he passed away, is that you don't toy with the safety of your family and loved ones.

My 2C.
    2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE AT.
    1999 Discovery II V8 XS AT.
    2016 Campmaster Compact 100 trailer.

----------------

Quote Originally Posted by mariusrautenbach View Post
    Sure, I like to have a glass of wine with SWAMBO. Sure I like a beer when I go out for lunch with her parents... BUT I WONT DRIVE. Even if I had 2 beers.

And nothing gets me more pissedof than drunk/almost drunk people behind the wheel...

If there is one thing I learned from my dad before he passed away, is that you don't toy with the safety of your family and loved ones.

My 2C.
    That's why I said A tipple afterwards. If we start on the trail, you bet the guys & gals will continue afterwards as well, which makes the journey home so much more dangerous. For two or more drinks, stay over.
    2001 Gen 3 Pajero swb 3.2 Di-D

Quote Originally Posted by Jens78 View Post
    That's why I said A tipple afterwards. If we start on the trail, you bet the guys & gals will continue afterwards as well, which makes the journey home so much more dangerous. For two or more drinks, stay over.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^
    That as well!
    2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE AT.
    1999 Discovery II V8 XS AT.
    2016 Campmaster Compact 100 trailer.

----------------

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Stoffel View Post
    The only reason why I have my first beer at 10 on a Saturday is because it pi$$es my wife off if I have the first beer at 9.
    But i don't do the drinking and driving thing or even take beer with on a trail.
    Not really a problem as you can walk to the pub from anywhere in the Hoek..
    There is no task too simple for some people to complicate !

Chev Aveo and Atos and Polo.

Quote Originally Posted by blainec View Post
    I spent a very pleasant day at Dewildt this past Saturday . The weather was kind , by 10:00 am jackets off and in T shirts. We were a group of 3 vehicles and really enjoyed playing like all little boys do pushing our own limits a little further and getting to know our 4x4's capabilities better.

The only negative for the day was two vehicles both full with wives and kids drinking on the trail. The one was a single cab Hilux bakkie with the guys sitting on the back tail gate and kids sitting on the roll bar . Their general loud behavior was an accident waiting to happen. There was no point approaching them because it would have just ended in a fight.

Why is it that you have to drink alcohol at 10:00am in the morning? We finished the trail and had a leaker braai , a beer or two and home by 17:00.

I enjoy a couple of beers like the next guy, but there is a time and place.

My real concern that the young boys in that group will grow up thinking this is acceptable behavior 😡.

Rant off.
    De Wildt 4x4 management totally agree that drinking alcohol on the trail is a NO NO. Unfortunately we do not have control on what is happening on the trail and this concerns us especially when there are children involved. We did put up a sign bord that the drivers are not allowed to use alcohol on the trail but this bord is been ignored by some people.

This is a serious issue and we will definately try and find a solution to control this.

We are trying to keep our place neat and safe but we also have incidents like bottles being thrown out on the trail, people speeding, damaging property.......

Unacceptable driving, behavior should be report to us so that we can try to make a stop to this.

Default Re: Drinking alcohol on the Dewildt 4x4 trail

Ok first off let me admit it
    A few years ago the first time I went to De wildt I had a beer while on the trail
    My wife and I ordered one each and we drank it slowly while doing the trail

1 beer lasted me all the way through the day’s ride there.

I also did not drink any alcohol further through the trail.
    after a previous discussion like this I decided never to do it again because the image other people may get by seeing you have a beer
    they decide “Hey it is fine to drink here” and then they do not stick to one only
    And there is other issues

So yes sorry I had a single beer while on the trail a few years ago and won’t do it again.
    I do not ever have more than 1 alcoholic drink while driving and I am not talking about 1 drink a hour I am talking about 1 drink a day
    2007 Subaru Forester 2.5XT
    Forester nutter here so watch out

Please remember that I think I'm funny
    (most people don't agree)
    thus take 90% of what I post with 2 pinches of salt

Quote Originally Posted by Veneficus View Post
    1 beer lasted me all the way through the day’s ride there.

I also did not drink any alcohol further through the trail.
    a
    It must've tasted horrible and warm after an hour. Why punish yourself like this. So there is no way that I'll believe that you only had one, much less that it lasted you the whole day.

Why not just drink your one beer and then go do the trail with water and cool drinks?
    Nico Swart

Triton 2.5DiD D/C with SS
    ZS6NJS

One day, or Day One. You decide. Tomorrow is promised for no one!

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Manny View Post
    A Hilux you say?
    Probably celebrating that it hasn't been stolen.
    It's a know fact that all Hilux's get stolen [Citation needed]...
    Or maybe it was the thieves testing the stolen Hilux capabilities...
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.

That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by mariusrautenbach View Post
    Shame man, live a little - life's short!

Some of those obstacles are pretty tuff, don't know how you guys do it without a beer!!!
    Cruiser 105 GX 4.5 EFI
    Cruiser 200 VX V8 Diesel

Quote Originally Posted by Die SwartKat View Post
    It must've tasted horrible and warm after an hour. Why punish yourself like this. So there is no way that I'll believe that you only had one, much less that it lasted you the whole day.

Why not just drink your one beer and then go do the trail with water and cool drinks?
    Better yet, do the trail with water and cool drinks and have the beer fresh & frosty afterwards.
    2001 Gen 3 Pajero swb 3.2 Di-D

Quote Originally Posted by dewildt4x4 View Post
    De Wildt 4x4 management totally agree that drinking alcohol on the trail is a NO NO. Unfortunately we do not have control on what is happening on the trail and this concerns us especially when there are children involved. We did put up a sign bord that the drivers are not allowed to use alcohol on the trail but this bord is been ignored by some people.

This is a serious issue and we will definately try and find a solution to control this.

We are trying to keep our place neat and safe but we also have incidents like bottles being thrown out on the trail, people speeding, damaging property.......

Unacceptable driving, behavior should be report to us so that we can try to make a stop to this.
    Its pretty clear that you have a certain type of idiot visiting your trail. You will have to put a stop to it or you will lose the responsible ones and eventually close shop. Its your decision how you handle it because if it keeps happening its a reflection of you and your team.

Quote Originally Posted by dgwmundy View Post
    Its pretty clear that you have a certain type of idiot visiting your trail. You will have to put a stop to it or you will lose the responsible ones and eventually close shop. Its your decision how you handle it because if it keeps happening its a reflection of you and your team.
    Pretty harsh on the De Wildt team I would say.........this (drinking whilst 4x4'ing) happens all over the place at many if not all trails we've been to.......you will always get the cowboys among us......

If reported when spotted they could do something about it but one can't expect them to follow each and every 4x4 vehicle to see where they do what wrong like kids in a creche........you somehow expect grown-ups to act responsible but you will always get the ones buggering it up for everyone else......

George
    2012 Suzuki Jimny.....(Freda's)
    1995 Hilux SFA

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast