Mercedes ML320 Suspension Issues

Default Mercedes ML320 Suspension Issues

Hi All

Wondering if anyone can offer some advice. My father has an 2007 ML320 and is having issues with the air suspension. The car feels quite unstable and sometimes sags on the one side. I have a feeling the suspension is finished or at least on its way out.

My question is is it worth trying to fix it or would it be better to just look at replacing the suspension with aftermarket shocks such as Ironman or OME? Do they offer setups for these vehicles and is it easy enough to take the air suspension setup out?

Thanks in advance
    Cheers

1999 Pajero 3000 24v SWB

Default Re: Mercedes ML320 Suspension Issues

Quote Originally Posted by Andz4x4 View Post
    Hi All

Wondering if anyone can offer some advice. My father has an 2007 ML320 and is having issues with the air suspension. The car feels quite unstable and sometimes sags on the one side. I have a feeling the suspension is finished or at least on its way out.

My question is is it worth trying to fix it or would it be better to just look at replacing the suspension with aftermarket shocks such as Ironman or OME? Do they offer setups for these vehicles and is it easy enough to take the air suspension setup out?

Thanks in advance
    Cheers
    I think one of the air bladders on your fathers ML is leaking, not a major problem and relatively easy to replace. Get it done asap, as it could result in damage to the air compressor.
    Contact Air Spring Supply Company, they supply top quality air suspension parts at a good price. Good luck.

http://www.assc.co.za/

Thanks for the reply. Will let him know to contact them and get it checked out.

1999 Pajero 3000 24v SWB

Quote Originally Posted by Andz4x4 View Post
    Hi All

Thanks in advance
    Cheers

You can replace the entire air suspension system, including the four bladders and compressor for about R35k. This way you keep the vehicle stock, don't have to fiddle with the vehicle management system and still have the comfort of an air-ride suspension.

The cheap fix at this stage is to replace the front right bladder. It is in 99% of cases this one that fails first.
    2019 Mahindra S6 Pik Up S/C 4x4
    2007 Mercedes Benz ML500 5.5
    1968 VW Beetle 2276

Thanks for the reply, I think 35k is a bit out of budget at the moment so may have to go with the cheap fix. Will call around to a couple of places and get some quotes tho.

Cheers

1999 Pajero 3000 24v SWB

Hi, check out Gremeltech engineering in Paarden Eiland these guys stock a wide range of parts and solutions. Www.airsprings.cc there is a link to their new site aswell.

With MB dont forget that some parts may be the best priced directly with the agents...

Quote Originally Posted by MBLife View Post
    Hi, check out Gremeltech engineering in Paarden Eiland these guys stock a wide range of parts and solutions. Www.airsprings.cc there is a link to their new site aswell.

With MB dont forget that some parts may be the best priced directly with the agents...
    Thanks for the response, don't think he has sorted it yet so will get him to contract them.

Cheers

1999 Pajero 3000 24v SWB