Child stuck at Vioolsdrif - needs lift to CTN and then back to Namibia again

Default Child stuck at Vioolsdrif - needs lift to CTN and then back to Namibia again

I posted this in the pub section but it was suggested I post it here as well....

Is there anyone that is able to assist us.

35 of our high school boys left last night for a rugby tour to Namibia.
    Unfortunately one of the boys did not have the correct traveling document and is now sitting at the South African Border (Vioolsdrif) waiting for a bus (which will only be midnight) to come back home, get the required travel documents and try to get back to Namibia to join his team.

This is the whatsapp he sent his team mates as they left him behind:
    "Hey guys. My sincerest apologies for compromising the tour. The problem was unexpected. Hope you enjoy and all goes well. I'll fly in tomorrow to see you guys play like the champions I know you are. Until then, good luck."

My heart is breaking for this boy.

Is there anyone that can give this young man a lift to Cape Town today so that he can collect the correct documents from his family and then also someone to give him a lift back to Windhoek to join his team mates?

A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.<O</O

Default Re: Child stuck at Vioolsdrif - needs lift to CTN and then back to Namibia again

My truck are going to Capetown tonight, 082895ses twee ag ses

Default Re: Child stuck at Vioolsdrif - needs lift to CTN and then back to Namibia again

Thank you for your kindness.
    He has managed to get to Springbok to get the InterCape bus at 12 tonight.
    The challenge now is trying to get him back to Windhoek leaving Cape Town after lunch tomorrow to give him sufficient time to sort out his documents.

Default Child stuck at Vioolsdrif - needs lift to CTN and then back to Namibia again

The sad part of this is the fact that:
    1) the school had a home affairs official come and check all the documents at school and gave the green light that all the documents were in order
    2) the Intercape bus have now broken down 9 times in which the rest of the boys are traveling

Besides the danger of being stuck next to the road, they have now missed their first game of the tour.
    They will probably need to sleep on the bus tonight while waiting for a replacement bus and I have no idea what they are having for lunch and dinner.
    Last edited by KampGat; 2016/06/23 at 09:18 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to KampGat For This Useful Post:

The boy is on his way back to Cape Town to sort out his documents with Namibian Consulate. Hopefully this process will be quick today so that we can get him back to Windhoek.

Thank you Hansie for your offer. Some good news. He arrived in CTN this morning and about a hour later he was back on another bus at 11h05 this morning with Visa in hand, arriving in Windhoek at 06h00 tomorrow morning. The rest of the team left Keetmanshoop this morning and is due to arrive in Windhoek at 14h00 today. He will join the team tomorrow morning, probably very tired but happy.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to KampGat For This Useful Post:

I am really glad he got sorted out!