Safari 4x4 training





Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    44
    Posts
    730

    Default Safari 4x4 training

    Hi all

    I am new to the 4x4 vehicle thing.

    Got no idea what my vehicle is capable of and would like to learn more within limits. My biggest concern is that I don't want to damage the vehicle during the training course.

    My vehicle is a stock standard 3.2 Auto Ford Ranger 4x4. Will I be OK?
    Any comments on the course presented by safari 4x4 seeing that I don't come right with Ford to attend their free course offered with a new 4x4 vehicle.
    Last edited by Ludivgl; 2016/06/22 at 01:20 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Vanderbijlpark
    Age
    51
    Posts
    4,399

    Default Re: Safari 4x4 training

    Give these guys a call.

    Two guys I know went there, and learned a lot.

    http://www.saadventure.co.za/

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Krugersdorp
    Age
    35
    Posts
    901

    Default Re: Safari 4x4 training

    The free Ford training is really good for beginners. I suggest you use that offer. Why are you not coming right with them?
    FORD Ranger
    Conqueror Courage

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    44
    Posts
    730

    Default Re: Safari 4x4 training

    Quote Originally Posted by blind View Post
    The free Ford training is really good for beginners. I suggest you use that offer. Why are you not coming right with them?
    Hi

    Thats what I thought about the Ford course.

    Been trying from Beginning of year to get a date for the free course. Every Time the service provider tells me they wait for Ford to finalize the dates for course. My mails was forwarded to a Ford representative and the last mail from them said they will get back to me and they will give me the free course even if its after a year has passed.
    And I am still waiting therefore I am looking at other options.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    44
    Posts
    730

    Default Re: Safari 4x4 training

    Quote Originally Posted by clubbie View Post
    Give these guys a call.

    Two guys I know went there, and learned a lot.

    http://www.saadventure.co.za/
    Thanks its looks nice. Will give them a call. And maybe my buddy with his 4x2 can join me.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Krugersdorp
    Age
    35
    Posts
    901

    Default Re: Safari 4x4 training

    Quote Originally Posted by Ludivgl View Post
    Hi

    Thats what I thought about the Ford course.

    Been trying from Beginning of year to get a date for the free course. Every Time the service provider tells me they wait for Ford to finalize the dates for course. My mails was forwarded to a Ford representative and the last mail from them said they will get back to me and they will give me the free course even if its after a year has passed.
    And I am still waiting therefore I am looking at other options.
    Just doesnt sound right. I received excellent service and feedback from the training providers.
    This is who I dealt with.
    Gené de Kock | Mobile: +2782 551 1492 | [email protected]
    http://www.derustoutdoor.com/ | www.facebook.com/derustoutdoor
    FORD Ranger
    Conqueror Courage

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    44
    Posts
    730

    Default Re: Safari 4x4 training

    Quote Originally Posted by blind View Post
    Just doesnt sound right. I received excellent service and feedback from the training providers.
    This is who I dealt with.
    Gené de Kock | Mobile: +2782 551 1492 | [email protected]
    http://www.derustoutdoor.com/ | www.facebook.com/derustoutdoor
    Dont think its the provider, most probably Ford who needs to put some sort of agreement in place with the provider.
    Will escalate it via the Ford callcentre in the week.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    The Windy City
    Age
    48
    Posts
    15,572

    Default Re: Safari 4x4 training

    Quote Originally Posted by Ludivgl View Post
    My biggest concern is that I don't want to damage the vehicle during the training course.
    I am pretty sure you will not damage anything.
    PM Trebla, they are here on the forum.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Hartenbos
    Age
    57
    Posts
    1,362

    Default Re: Safari 4x4 training

    Quote Originally Posted by Ludivgl View Post
    Hi all

    I am new to the 4x4 vehicle thing.

    Got no idea what my vehicle is capable of and would like to learn more within limits. My biggest concern is that I don't want to damage the vehicle during the training course.

    My vehicle is a stock standard 3.2 Auto Ford Ranger 4x4. Will I be OK?
    Any comments on the course presented by safari 4x4 seeing that I don't come right with Ford to attend their free course offered with a new 4x4 vehicle.
    Interesting to see you call yourself new to the "4X4 vehicle thing". I see you are a member on the forum since 2013 and your post count indicates you are a live and regular contributor to the forum. You may be more experienced and knowledgeable than many others who believe they are experts.

    I hope you get the training sorted soon.
    Hermanator

    Herman Smit

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    50
    Posts
    896

    Default Re: Safari 4x4 training

    4x4 Actiongroup
    Last edited by rechardt; 2016/06/26 at 08:25 PM.
    RechardT

    Now- Karloos...watch this space.
    Mitsu Pajero 3500 V6 Auto. a Green machine called Rambo (Sold.)
    Hilux D4D- Nicknamed Rocky- STOLEN ON 4/9/15)

    One day is One day- Dodge Ram 6.7l TD.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    44
    Posts
    730

    Default Re: Safari 4x4 training

    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanator View Post
    Interesting to see you call yourself new to the "4X4 vehicle thing". I see you are a member on the forum since 2013 and your post count indicates you are a live and regular contributor to the forum. You may be more experienced and knowledgeable than many others who believe they are experts.

    I hope you get the training sorted soon.
    Thanks

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    44
    Posts
    730

    Default Re: Safari 4x4 training

    At last Ford finalized training. Going in 2 weeks time.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •