Default How to check if SCV has been replaced?

Hallo Almal. First forum post!

This morning my Isuzuki (2008 KB300LX E/cab Manual 4x2 +-160k) cut out whilst idling at a traffic light, twice. Idling seemed to drop a fraction, then picked itself up again a moment later, and the next moment stalled. Started up again without protest, smooth and easy. 10mins later, the same thing.

Idles just under 800 on the dial (but sounds a bit low in my unqualified and inexperienced opinion). Engine must've been at normal running temp as I've just driven 30kms, albeit my first trip for the morning. Fuel light had just come on during this trip, so tank was obviously a bit empty.

I've not driven it much more after that though (came almost straight home to jump on this forum!). Went and filled up the tank a short while ago. I can hear the revs almost rolling up and down, not consistent and flat.

From extensive prior reading of this forum, I'm speculating a faulty suction control valve. I don't know if it's ever been replaced or not (bought the bakkie at 146k, had it serviced once at about 152k. On 159k at the moment).

Where do I start to check if I've got a new SCV (turquoise plastic part, apparently?!), before taking it to a garage or mechanic and trying to explain everything again, at a cost of R'000s and days without transport?!

What other information can I give you about my problem?

Any helpful input en raad sal baie waardeer word, baie dankie!
    Last edited by supamario; 2016/06/07 at 06:46 PM.

Default Re: How to check if SCV has been replaced?

The new one is longer and the old one shorter , there is a thread i started on here about it , it is on the lhs, and can be seen by looking through the wheel arch
    Kb300 Dtec 4x4 ...let the mods begin
    2003 Kb300Tdi d/c lx 4x4 - sold
    GP0274 batmandiver

Naand se

As far as I can remember the resin on the rear of the new SCV is turquoise and the resin on the rear of the old SCV is yellow.

If I remember I will take a picture sometime this week and post here. I still have the old one in a box somewhere.
    2008 KB300 D-TEQ 4x2

Quote Originally Posted by supamario View Post
    Hallo Almal. First forum post!

This morning my Isuzuki (2008 KB300LX E/cab Manual 4x2 +-160k) cut out whilst idling at a traffic light, twice. Idling seemed to drop a fraction, then picked itself up again a moment later, and the next moment stalled. Started up again without protest, smooth and easy. 10mins later, the same thing.

Idles just under 800 on the dial (but sounds a bit low in my unqualified and inexperienced opinion). Engine must've been at normal running temp as I've just driven 30kms, albeit my first trip for the morning. Fuel light had just come on during this trip, so tank was obviously a bit empty.

I've not driven it much more after that though (came almost straight home to jump on this forum!). Went and filled up the tank a short while ago. I can hear the revs almost rolling up and down, not consistent and flat.

From extensive prior reading of this forum, I'm speculating a faulty suction control valve. I don't know if it's ever been replaced or not (bought the bakkie at 146k, had it serviced once at about 152k. On 159k at the moment).

Where do I start to check if I've got a new SCV (turquoise plastic part, apparently?!), before taking it to a garage or mechanic and trying to explain everything again, at a cost of R'000s and days without transport?!

What other information can I give you about my problem?

Any helpful input en raad sal baie waardeer word, baie dankie!
    Hi Mario

het jy al reggekom met die valve?

Indien nie kan jy Marshal Services in Edgemead luitjie gee. Mario sal jou kan uithelp
    zero8two 928 three two10
    Last edited by Dwayne P; 2016/06/28 at 02:42 PM.

Good morning

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160628_193440.jpg 
Views:	455 
Size:	42.9 KB 
ID:	409041

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160628_193348.jpg 
Views:	3028 
Size:	80.5 KB 
ID:	409042
    2008 KB300 D-TEQ 4x2

Old SCV with white rear end and new one (currently fitted) with turquoise rear
    2008 KB300 D-TEQ 4x2