Ford & Mazda How to play music via USB

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default How to play music via USB

Sorry for this stupid question - I have searched the forum but could not find a solution that satisy my needs (of simply plug-in-and-play; not this "pull-apart-Ford-dashboard" stuff).

Also, a little bit auxillary-idiotic, as electronic is not my field.

First, I have a Ford Ranger 2.2 (2016 model) as well as a Toyota RAV4 (2010 model)
    But the main vehicle that will be used, is the Ford Ranger.

How can I play music on a iPhone or a Samsung Galaxy via the Ford Ranger's radio+speaker system?
    The Ford Ranger does have a CD player but not in the mood for listening to a full track of Bless Bridges CD (my wife!) or the constant swapping of CD's. Would like to collect various tracks of various artists and put it on a single USB stick and plug/play it via the radio, finish and klaar.

Is there any USB-based aux receiver that can be used in the cigaratte plugs that anyone recommends?

Thanks
    Last edited by GroenHoender; 2016/05/30 at 10:39 AM.

Default Re: How to play music via USB

Quote Originally Posted by GroenHoender View Post
    Sorry for this stupid question - I have searched the forum but could not find a solution that satisy my needs (of simply plug-in-and-play; not this "pull-apart-Ford-dashboard" stuff).

First, I have a Ford Ranger 2.2 (2016 model) as well as a Toyota RAV4 (2010 model)

How can I play music on a iPhone or a Samsung Galaxy via the Ford Ranger's radio+speaker system?
    The Ford Ranger does have a CD player but not in the mood for listening to a full track of Bless Bridges CD (my wife!) or the constant swapping of CD's. Would like to collect various tracks of various artists and put it on a single USB stick and plug/play it via the radio, finish and klaar.

Is there any USB-based aux receiver that can be used in the cigaratte plugs that anyone recommends?

Thanks
    You can plug a cable into the aux socket and play from your phone, or,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/401118207737

Does the 2016 models not come out standard with both AUX and USB input below the centre console behind the gear lever? I would recon an USB memory stick would be the simplest option.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniek View Post
    Does the 2016 models not come out standard with both AUX and USB input below the centre console behind the gear lever? I would recon an USB memory stick would be the simplest option.
    If its the face lift old dash xl, no.

Frustrating, I know...

Verimark sell a gadget that plugs into your cig lighter and then tunes to your radio. Takes usb memory stick or cards. Works well on my Pajero
    Last edited by Stranger; 2016/05/30 at 11:05 AM.
    Stranger

Lusted for a Landy but the Pajero was sexier and bigger in the right departments, just like my Missus.

2004 Gen 3. 3.8i petrol V6 (PAJTU)
    X Factor Bundutop trailer (designed by me)
    1998 Blister Fender Pajero 3500 24V (PAJ) (Sold)
    BMW R1200R

Quote Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
    Verimark sell a gadget that plugs into your cig lighter and then tunes to your radio. Takes usb memory stick or cards. Works well on my Pajero
    I bought similar from Incredible Connection. Could connect to iPod via Bluetooth. We used it on last year's Namibia trip. Worked really well.

One word of warning - my Garmin started acting up and luckily a clever gent on the forum pointed out that certain FM frequencies transmitted by that device can really bugger the GPS around.

Quote Originally Posted by pierre2013 View Post
    You can plug a cable into the aux socket and play from your phone, or,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/401118207737

Thanks - also thought of this way but with all the cables swapping between 2 different phone brands, it can quickly become a pain, especially if said cables tangle everywhere and get entertwined to stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniek View Post
    Like @Pierre2013 said.

My Ford Ranger is the 2016 XL model, with the older facelift.
    No USB / aux-in, but thankfully I have 2 cigarette plugs which I can use seperately.

Was maybe thinking of getting this - would it work for our needs? Plug in either phone, or even use a USB stick, or even a memory card.

http://www.takealot.com/wireless-mp3...t/PLID41263401

Thanks - also thought of this way but with all the cables swapping between 2 different phone brands, it can quickly become a pain, especially if said cables tangle everywhere and get entertwined to stuff.

Like @Pierre2013 said.

My Ford Ranger is the 2016 XL model, with the older facelift.
    No USB / aux-in, but thankfully I have 2 cigarette plugs which I can use seperately.

Was maybe thinking of getting this - would it work for our needs? Plug in either phone, or even use a USB stick, or even a memory card.

http://www.takealot.com/wireless-mp3...t/PLID41263401
    Aux in is inside the glove box

Quote Originally Posted by pierre2013 View Post
    Aux in is inside the glove box

Nou vir wat sal hulle dit nou daarin sit?!?

Best place. USB stick or IPOD is safe and out of view.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to RoelfleRoux For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hi Those things work well in the city but if you travel a lot out of the city you have to constantly tune them or they loose the signal just like a radio signal that was my experience anyway I just make up playlists on my computer burn them to CD data discs pop it in the CD player and I have music for hours, different CD's for different moods ie Rock,mellow,acoustic etc. works the best for me

13. The Following User Says Thank You to travoski For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RoelfleRoux View Post
    Best place. USB stick or IPOD is safe and out of view.
    Yes. If jy plug jou kabel uit, en gooi dit in die box. Netjies...

Na Pierre2013 se kommentaar het ek gou uitgeglip om te gaan kyk na my Ranger se glovebox (daai oopmaak kompartment ene op die linkerkant, waar my vrou al haar vanity goeders bÍre): niks, geen gaatjies nie.

Maar terwyl ek nou so staan en half-lyf lÍ in die bakkie, sien ek toe wragtag 'n "aux-in" reg onder die 2 cigarette plugs, net mooitjies by die klein gleuf/rakkie in die middel (bokant die oop stoor spasie). En dink toe by myselfers...dis nogals 'n vreemde plek daai....definitief nie maklik om te sien nie, en nog minder om raak in te druk in die ryery.

En as ek nou verskillende gadgets ingeprop het by beide cigarette plugs weerskante, en enige musiek-gadet by die aux-in, dan gaan dit 'n kraaines van kabels orals wees!

Ag ja, so leer mens. Dankie almal vir jul insette.

Quote Originally Posted by travoski View Post
    Hi Those things work well in the city but if you travel a lot out of the city you have to constantly tune them or they loose the signal just like a radio signal that was my experience anyway I just make up playlists on my computer burn them to CD data discs pop it in the CD player and I have music for hours, different CD's for different moods ie Rock,mellow,acoustic etc. works the best for me
    Nope. You select a frequency on the device and pre-set the car radio to that frequency. It is actually better outside the cities, because there are fewer existing radio stations to limit the frequency you choose.
    Last edited by RoelfleRoux; 2016/05/30 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by travoski View Post

Going to think it would be the best way too...problem is wife does not like to switch CD's and searching for a specific track based on her moods on that given moment on the road. She will have to suffer maar net thru it, like me with her Bless Bridges preference.

On our road trip, the two sisters had the iPod on the back seat and they regulated the music. The BIL and I kept an eye on the fuel consumption readout and calculated how many beers worth of petrol we were either saving or wasting

Going to think it would be the best way too...problem is wife does not like to switch CD's and searching for a specific track based on her moods on that given moment on the road. She will have to suffer maar net thru it, like me with her Bless Bridges preference.
    best things with playlists you can have The Beatles and Bles Bridges straight after each other I am usually alone in my car so my rules when we travel in the missus' car her rules

Mildly off topic, has anybody converted "normal" CD tracks to MP3?

Quote Originally Posted by RoelfleRoux View Post
    Mildly off topic, has anybody converted "normal" CD tracks to MP3?
    In most modern operating systems it is a drag and drop operation (even linux).

Quote Originally Posted by Bigal-SA View Post
    In most modern operating systems it is a drag and drop operation (even linux).
    Drag from the CD and drop in iTunes??
    I'll be sure to try that.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast