Freelander 2 Si4 - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Freelander 2 Si4

But back to the original question, I'm happy to report that the Si4 motor I have in my Evoque is very reliable, and from what I hear from a few Landy mechanics, is that the only thing to worry about at some stage of the game is a new turbo. (About 30k to replace at dealership prices) But they say the motor itself is engineerd well, and good for quite a couple of hundred thousand KM.

The fuel consumption on the other hand is not great. I average about 13l/100km.
    But having said that, with 177kw on tap, and handling like a go-kart, it's just a joy to throw around, so its always going to be high. Plus my average journey trip is hardly ever more than about 5km and I have A/T tyres on. On longer distance trips I can get about 10 to 11, but then I usually have the Thule roof box on to cater for the lack of space in the Evoque.

But it's such a lovely drivers motor. ..
    Power increases proportionally with revs right to the redline. And it still puts a smile on my face after all these years. (2011 model)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shady For This Useful Post:

Silly question..Why at Land Rover and not a Indy?
    Quote Originally Posted by bbm_s4 View Post
    hey folks...
    havent been on in a long while(due to sit being blocked at work)..

my FL2 is a 2011 Model SD4.
    i have now 191 000km on the clock currently..Not a days hassle.
    its gone in for its service today at Waterford LandRover.

Nothing has gone wrong with the car mechanically at all..

my only gripe is that the Clear Coat on the paint is peeling off in various areas of the car... so that means a full respray :-(

and now WaterFord charges R1000 per hour labour ***SHOCK HORROR**
    so labour for the service is R3k... and parts for the service are R3033...

so i'm in for a R6033 bill today according to the quote... (just in case anyone wants to know what the dealerships are charging)

i need front Brake Pads but will go to LRXtreme for that next week.
    And the headlights are just #### on the non Xenon model FL2's... tried some fancy Phillips replacement globes... but they don't help much more than stock...
    so looking for an aftermarket Xenon Light upgrade as well ...

Hope this helps anyone looking at the FL2 SD4...

Quote Originally Posted by cruiser View Post
    Silly question..Why at Land Rover and not a Indy?
    i live 1km away from Waterford Landy.. so just pure convenience...

for the other stuff i go to LRXtreme... which is a 60+km drive from fourways, but Walter is a good oke and does an awesome job and is Highly recommended here on the forum.

he has done my Diff oils change already for me as well..
    and then at 200 000km he will do the shocks for me, so 10000km to go..
    then will do the gearbox oil change also at the same time and will probably do the diff oils again because i have done about 50 000km since the last diff oil change..

all this is just Preventative maintenance..
    2011 FL2 SD4 SE - Current - My First Landy owned and still enjoying it.
    2015 Kawasaki Versys 650 - Daily Rider
    Ex Chairman of Audi Club JHB driving a LR now LOL

Cool Re: Freelander 2 Si4

Quote Originally Posted by shady View Post
    But back to the original question, I'm happy to report that the Si4 motor I have in my Evoque is very reliable, and from what I hear from a few Landy mechanics, is that the only thing to worry about at some stage of the game is a new turbo. (About 30k to replace at dealership prices) But they say the motor itself is engineerd well, and good for quite a couple of hundred thousand KM.

The fuel consumption on the other hand is not great. I average about 13l/100km.
    But having said that, with 177kw on tap, and handling like a go-kart, it's just a joy to throw around, so its always going to be high. Plus my average journey trip is hardly ever more than about 5km and I have A/T tyres on. On longer distance trips I can get about 10 to 11, but then I usually have the Thule roof box on to cater for the lack of space in the Evoque.

But it's such a lovely drivers motor. ..
    Power increases proportionally with revs right to the redline. And it still puts a smile on my face after all these years. (2011 model)
    13Ltrs sounds quite high doesnt it?
    just a side note..... i think the Diesel Disco's give lower than that for a 3.0ltr motor.. and a almost 3 tons car...

unless you are doing some lekka "Spirited" driving with your one... then i fully understand the Smile it will bring for thet 13ltrs/100km hehehhe
    2011 FL2 SD4 SE - Current - My First Landy owned and still enjoying it.
    2015 Kawasaki Versys 650 - Daily Rider
    Ex Chairman of Audi Club JHB driving a LR now LOL

Quote Originally Posted by bbm_s4 View Post
    13Ltrs sounds quite high doesnt it?
    just a side note..... i think the Diesel Disco's give lower than that for a 3.0ltr motor.. and a almost 3 tons car...

unless you are doing some lekka "Spirited" driving with your one... then i fully understand the Smile it will bring for thet 13ltrs/100km hehehhe
    My Disco Diesel gave me 15l/100 km in town driving, best was around 11l/100km on open road. I believe your foot might have a big influence, but also the road and traffic you face. A 16km round trip with lots of traffic cannot be compared to a 20km round trip with no traffic.
    2011 Freelander 2 SE
    Swambo : 2012 BMW 530d Msport("the beast")

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2