Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Landyworx

Default Landyworx

Hi guys/girls,

Anyone care to share any personal experiences with the above mentioned company. I do not know them at all, not really interested in cost, mostly would like to hear about quality of the workmanship, I have heard good things. Thought I would ask people in the know....

Default Re: Landyworx

Absolutely fantastic. You will not be sorry. Peter (the owner) is great.

Discovery 3 V8 SE
    Self designed Rock and Tree Sliders.
    Next: Project Bashplate
    1981 Series 3 S R6 88" Allmost Perfectly Restored

they been doing all my crap for a while, never had a problem go for it they great and i am i fussy about my stuff, i bought my d3 from one of their customers sight unseen on there word it was a in good nick and it is perfect, and am fetching my 130 from them on monday same deal, but this one i walked around and kicked the tyres,did not even drive it if they say it is ok it should be ok. i would recommend them and have to a few of my mates who now use them.
    2010 D4 V8 HSE
    2018 D/C CRUISER V8
    1290 KTM ADVENTURE R.

I would highly recommend them. When I bought my D3 in 2012 from a private sale, the next day I took it to them to inspect & did all my servicing there. Currently in the process of getting another D3 or D4 & will not be going anywhere else other than Landyworx. Be prepared for a long list of testimonials.
    2007 D3 TDV6 HSE (Gone)

Hi Guido81,
    I had my last service done there , and could not fault anything. You won't be sorry if you take your vehicle to them.
    2007 Discovery 3 V8 SE
    2015 Hyundai IX 35 Limited Edition

Thanks for the response guys, my new Landy will be sent to Landyworx to be given a once over, and fit a couple of new toys.

They are best in the business and really take an interest in your vehicle and your requirements.
    BruceT
    ZS6EBT

Defender 130 Puma

Peter is a top guy. Great service and feedback.
    Bruce Hunter
    "your signature should not be used to judge you or your opinions"

My disco 1 blew a head gasket almost right in front of them. Towed it in. Got a quote from them. A bit expensive but I thought it will be worth it as they seem to have a good reputation.

work was done. Got the car back but it had a terrible noise. They said I could bring it back and theyíll have a look. They put in a new vacuum pump with no cost but the noise was still there. They said their work is perfect and it is the bottom end of my engine thats the problem. Took it to another guy and he immediately said the valvesí tolerances doesnít sound right. The other guy opened it in front of me and took a feeler gauge and set the valves to the correct tolerances. Half an hour and it was fixed. They were way out!!!! Landyworx did bot even bother to have a look. I WILL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN. Others had good experiences with them but I really donít care. Otherís good experiences didnít fix my car and I could have had serious damage and they did not care to solve my problem. Rather they made me out as an idiot and tried to take me for a ride.

landyworx did say I need to send in the invoice for the other indi setting the valves. I sent it in and have heard nothing again. Weeks now.

This is exactly what happened to me. Iím glad others get good service from them, maybe its because their cars are newer or something but they hurt my pocket and almost destroyed my engine.

Have you spoken to Peter? I know he has been ill but you should speak to him if you havenít
    BruceT
    ZS6EBT

Defender 130 Puma

Quote Originally Posted by BruceT View Post
    Have you spoken to Peter? I know he has been ill but you should speak to him if you havenít
    Spoke to Ian a lot but not to Peter. Ian was very communicative in the beginning but now iff the radar.

I understand mistakes creep in as we all are human but the way it was brushed aside as a crap engine and them not even looking at the valves or their work that was done killed it for me.
    I understand Peter is the owner? Iím a small fish to them. Will he even listen to me? I asked if the valve stem seals etc were even replaced as quoted but no answer.

I can assure you Peter doesn’t care how much you spend as much as he cares how happy you are with their work.
    Last edited by BruceT; 2021/05/31 at 03:12 PM.
    BruceT
    ZS6EBT

Defender 130 Puma

I can assure you Peter doesnít care how much you spend as much as he cares how happy you are with their work.
    Is he still sick or is he ok now?
    how do I get hold of him?

Self deleted. I'm an idiot.
    Last edited by Chopped; 2021/06/01 at 11:14 AM.

I think he is almost back, not sure exactly. I have PM'd you his number.
    Last edited by BruceT; 2021/06/01 at 12:18 PM.
    BruceT
    ZS6EBT

Defender 130 Puma

I can assure you Peter doesnít care how much you spend as much as he cares how happy you are with their work.
    Worth sharing my story: I had a cracked inlet manifold which had LR Sa stumped. Peter and Ian spent most part of a week running around to sort me out. I spent most of the time in the waiting area. I was spoiled with hamburgers and drinks throughout. In all honesty, they must have paid in on the job. I think they are top notch. So sorry to hear Peter has been ill. Great guy!!

Zapiture,
    Discovery 4 Facelift 2015
    Defender D90 2.8 2003
    Conqueror Commander 2014

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zapiture For This Useful Post:

As I always say, even to Peter/Walter/Org/Rob/Neo and the list go on of indies who know their stuff and work on our pride and joy, 10 people are happy and swear by their mechanic of choice......and somewhere there is someone who'd like to moer the Oke with a 36 spanner!!
    HENK

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Henkus For This Useful Post:

Hi Kudus. Glad your Landy is sorted and running again!
    But give Peter a call, they are very passionate of their work and if something slipped by, then Iím sure they would appreciate the heads up and rather attend it.

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4Blom View Post
    Hi Kudus. Glad your Landy is sorted and running again!
    But give Peter a call, they are very passionate of their work and if something slipped by, then Iím sure they would appreciate the heads up and rather attend it.
    Thanks. Iíll definitely contact him.
    Just to be clear. I am never difficult as I give people the grace to make mistakes but then fix their mistakes as well. Life happens and we donít always get it right the first time. But after I drove all the way back to them, left the car there again and fetch it again and nothing was even looked at and I got a crap excuse and my ignorance preyed upon I finally after months mentioned it here. Their list of unhappy customers are definitely growing and if not careful will catch up with them.

Thank you for all the advice. I will follow up

Quote Originally Posted by Zapiture View Post
    Worth sharing my story: I had a cracked inlet manifold which had LR Sa stumped. Peter and Ian spent most part of a week running around to sort me out. I spent most of the time in the waiting area. I was spoiled with hamburgers and drinks throughout. In all honesty, they must have paid in on the job. I think they are top notch. So sorry to hear Peter has been ill. Great guy!!
    So what made me less important? I came in humble and in need as I broke down 167km away from home. I spent R18 000 by them for something that could have been done for half the price. My money and car is just as important to me as yours are to you

This I donít understand. I am very happy you got such good service. Why not me? And no, I was not arrogant or mean. I was desperate and it was the first time ever I had to do a head gasket so I was quite nervous on top of it. But through all of my ignorance I noticed my car was not right!!!

I drove 167km x 4 to have them ďfixĒ their mistake and I did jot even get a proper ďwe are sorryĒ. Actually typing this Iím getting a bit angry at how Ian and Ruan treated me. Their mistake all on my costs after I paid so much money.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast