Canvas Gazeeboís

Default Canvas Gazeeboís

Hi members

Iíd like some of your views on a Tentco Vs Campmore Canvas Gazebos.

I need to get another gazebo. This is for additional space / shade when Iím out with the extended family on trips.

I know that this has been raised before. But Iíd like to get some clarity on these products now in 2019. (Changes in manufacturing process, import vs locally made, changes with suppliers, materials as well as technology etc)

Iím looking to purchase another gazebo.
    I though to get another tentco senior gazebo to compliment the one I already have

I then came across the campmor safari king gazebo it seems like a nice product.

I went to outdoorware house to check the gazeeboís out. Just to compare. On paper they pretty much the same with poles and the frame. These are the differences below.

Campmore vs Tentco
    Safari king Senior
    320g vs 260g canvas,
    7mm vs 5mm guy ropes.
    300 vs 250mm pegs.
    26kg vs 20kg

4.5x3.3x2.5m vs 3x2.8x2.3m dimensions
    14.85m2 vs 8.4m2 floor area

The Campmore has a lot more room it looks almost double the size. I like that it has a total 8 legs which will be good for stability especially winds and storms. The force is spread out more evenly.

The joints on the campmor look like itís aluminum (I could be wrong) but they are silver in color compared to the legs which are those yellow color.

The campmor I found to have much poorer workmanship and quality, The canopy didnít seem to fit the frame properly. (The canvas cover helps hold the entire thing together.Ē,!giving it its sturdiness. At least thatís what Iíve noticed.)

I found noticed this with at least 2 of the Campmor gazebos that were set up in the shop. The fit was very sloppy. Neither of the gazebo covers fitted the metal frame. The store assistant told me they werenít pitched properly or got moved around. But then he tried to pitch them correctly with no luck. He started giving me a whole lot of excuses then sayin it was an old model. The canvas may have shrunk etc etc.

I noticed stitching also was not really even at places and I noticed a few spots / holes in the canvas. The store assistant told me that the campmore is better quality and is hand made / stiched which makes it a bettter product than the tentco gazebo.

The tentco looks a lot better made than the campmore. The canvas cover pulls neatly over the frame evenly at it should be.
    Tentco now changed to plastic / nylon corners. Iím not sure how sure. Strong they are compared to the traditional steel corners?

I did look at the bush tech gazeebo also. Which the sales person tried pushing to sell. Saying itís a really good gazeebo
    Itís a 4 pole structure which Iím not very fond of esp for the size.

I am aware that I am comparing two diffirent products. As well as them being 2 diff sizes.

From my experience I find that the gazebos that have their legs angled out are allot more study that the ones that have their legs coming straight down.

I have a tentco dining shelter I love the concept. the legs come straight down and itís a 4 pole structure. In bad weather it gets pretty dicey even with storm straps. Iíve even purchased extra legs to support it down the sides as well as those curves poles. I think the Design is just not suited to adverse weather. The poles have been damaged numerous times. Iím tired of replacing them. Hence I want to get another gazebo.

Iíd prefer a canvas over a pop up concertina. Something thatís durable will last.

Thanks

Default Re: Canvas Gazeeboís

These are the pics of the campmore

Both campmor side by side.

New style tentco corner pieces

I have the tentco Safari jr- my issue with it was that the steel end pieces all needed grinding with a dremel for the poles to fit properly. Some ends were even slightly oblongated - like they’d been clamped too hard during the mfg process. But once I sorted that out, it’s been fine. Good quality. Of course much smaller than the size you are looking at - but that smaller size is a plus in strong winds...

correction - I have campmoor Safari junior.
    Last edited by heyyahhey; 2019/09/13 at 09:52 AM.

Tentco gets my vote, have the junior and senior. They're sturdy and can withstand heavy storms and winds, extras and spares are readily and cheaply available.

Expect:

1. Owners of each type to punt the product they have
    2. Owners of a product not on your list to punt the product they have

From my perspective:

1. The one where the cover fits the frame better (Based on personal battles with a cover that didnt appear to match the frame)
    2, The plastic corners, if similar to the types I am familiar with, are sturdy and durable
    3. Hand stitched vs machine stitched, I would take the latter, for consistency in stitch tension and stitch length

There is a strong possibility the sales person has never camped, use your experience and judgement in these issues
    Estee = S T = Sean Towlson

''Nothing makes the Earth seem so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes''. H.D. Thoreau.

Hummer H3 V8

W.A.P Objectivist

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Estee For This Useful Post:

Except for the size requirement, you actually answered your own question - TENTCO, but
    have a look at Maxcon product It is something completely different in a very good way. Pricy though

9. The Following User Says Thank You to hatjohan For This Useful Post:

Very happy with my Tentco Senior.
    Spares are available.

ďAfrica changes you forever, like nowhere on earth. Once you have been there, you will never be the same." - Ernest Hemingway

Both are good products.

Your choice for weight/size/price.

I know Tentco have side walls and side doors/windows available, not sure about Campmor, I suppose so.

I prefer metal connectors.
    Jeep Grand Cherokee 2002 4.7 V8

Thanks for your replyís and allowing me to get my thoughts out itís helped me work through some of my needs / concerns

On weighing things out. I think I may get the Bush Shelter Combo it seems really versatile and a good combination of some of Tentcoís products all in one.

Any thoughts on the Bush Shelter Combo?

Ive been in my gazebo in strong winds and near gales ... found it
    helps to have say 2 or so full jerry cans in the middle with ropes or stretchies up to center spine
    to anchor the thing down a bit ...

... using the inter - countering action of spring pegs for the guide ropes also helps.
    Last edited by BushNomad; 2019/09/13 at 09:56 PM.
    ... Land Rover Owners dont idle long ...

2002 Defender 130 DC HCPU. : Own the road...Any road
    Ď1981 R-Rvr Classic 2-Dr 3.5L V8... The Greatest Rover.
    Ď1975 Series3 88 PUP... Simply Classic...
    Ď2017 Metalian Mini ... A Home from Home

* The Monarch of the Glen *http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/...1&d=1507751251

Also consider packed/folded dimensions
    2011 JK Wrangler Rubicon 3.8

Just had this same scenario and opted for the Campmor Snr. Allround a bit better specs and the plastic corner brackets of Tentco is apparently a big weakness (according to 3 different salesmen at 3 stores)
    Disclaimer - All my posts on this forum is without prejudice, is based on my fair assumptions or perceptions, is in no way intended to cause harm to anyone and is acted upon at your own discretion.

Some more feedback. After pitching the Campmor I realized a normal gazebo wouldn't work for my application (as a patio for the caravan tent). The quality was however tops, but I returned it and replaced with a Tentco Dining shelter. There is a very clear difference in quality. The Tentco poles and corners are by far a lower quality with some even damaged (squashed). The canvas and zips seems very well made and sturdy.
    Disclaimer - All my posts on this forum is without prejudice, is based on my fair assumptions or perceptions, is in no way intended to cause harm to anyone and is acted upon at your own discretion.