August long weekend

Default August long weekend

Long weekends are not meant to be spent at home , One has to enjoy the time of and seeing that this will be the last long weekend of the year I would like to go on some "adventure trip" Most of the usual pack is doing something else , kids birthday and so on so we (swambo& me) are ACE OUT, have had a itch to go off road Swaziland, some nice trail somewhere as going to the beach is just still to cold.
    Any suggestions on whats on that weekend that we can go check out? Or just a raod trip suggestion , we pack the fridge, chuck in a tent and go , problem is where do we head out to? If a roadtrip can have some lowrange in the mix then we have a winner.
    05 TJ SAHARA
    08 3.8 JK ULTD RUBICON

Default Re: August long weekend

Quote Originally Posted by NEON DEON View Post
    Long weekends are not meant to be spent at home , One has to enjoy the time of and seeing that this will be the last long weekend of the year I would like to go on some "adventure trip" Most of the usual pack is doing something else , kids birthday and so on so we (swambo& me) are ACE OUT, have had a itch to go off road Swaziland, some nice trail somewhere as going to the beach is just still to cold.
    Any suggestions on whats on that weekend that we can go check out? Or just a raod trip suggestion , we pack the fridge, chuck in a tent and go , problem is where do we head out to? If a roadtrip can have some lowrange in the mix then we have a winner.
    Try the 3 Provinces 4x4 trail at Volkrust, I am.
    JoenelSilver Rubicon Unlimited4" lift, 33" Maxxis, 4,88 diffs, Ford Ranger 2.2 Auto 4x4 D/C

Quote Originally Posted by Joenel View Post
    Try the 3 Provinces 4x4 trail at Volkrust, I am.

Oe eh eh.... in August!!!!

Its slightly cold there.. and wet....

Quote Originally Posted by NEON DEON View Post

Try this one:

http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/...reka-City-Pass

WHat long weekend?
    I see a public holiday on a tuesday so that means I would have to work the mon

Swaziland should be good. Alternatively, what about Lekgalameetse/Mafefe and Magoebaskloof? The Forest Drive is stunning. Just do not camp at Magoebaskloof Ruskamp; the place gets overrun by hooligans.
    2001 Gen 3 Pajero swb 3.2 Di-D

I am aware its short notice , but if you like me are stuck without a plan for the long weekend! Then how about joining forces and go drive the Legalameetse trail? I will see if zi can find info tomorrow and post here, maybe a team of 6 vehicles ?
    05 TJ SAHARA
    08 3.8 JK ULTD RUBICON