Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    33
    Posts
    27
    Thanked: 0

    Default Telescope Dealers WP CBD

    Hi any one know of telescopes dealers/shops here in the Western Cape CBD & Surrounds.

    I'm looking for someone who stocks the Orion Sky Quest XT8 telescope.

    The few that I've found here only stock Celestron.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edgemead
    Age
    50
    Posts
    547
    Thanked: 17

    Smile Re: Telescope Dealers WP CBD

    Hi there

    The only places in Cape Town that stock telescopes are Dad's Toys and Noyes Pharmacy ( speak to Adri in their camera section).

    If you want to i can put you in touch with a person in Somerset-West who has a massive amount of new and second hand equipment to sell.

    I have always had good service from the local online shops:


    [*]http://www.telescopeshop.co.za/


    Where do you stay? The amount of people that do amateur astronomy on the forum are few and far between.

    Regards
    Marius Reitz
    Last edited by 4WD; 2016/04/29 at 01:25 PM.
    Marius Reitz
    Nissan Xtrail
    Astronomy and Telescopes
    Chairperson for ASSA - Cape Center
    • 13.1 inch custom built truss telescope on a dobsonian mount
    • 10 inch Meade SCT
    • 8 inch Celestron SCT Powerstar
    • 8 inch Skywatcher reflector on a Celestron CGEM mount
    • 8 inch Orion SkyQuest
    • 6 inch Orion reflector on a EQ5 mount
    • 5 inch Konus Maksutov Cassegrain on a EQ3 mount
    • 5 inch Alter Maksutov Cassegrain on a EQ4 mount
    • 15x70 Celestron Skymaster binoculars on a parallelogram mount

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    33
    Posts
    27
    Thanked: 0

    Default Re: Telescope Dealers WP CBD

    Quote Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
    Hi there

    The only places in Cape Town that stock telescopes are Dad's Toys and Noyes Pharmacy ( speak to Adri in their camera section).

    If you want to i can put you in touch with a person in Somerset-West who has a massive amount of new and second hand equipment to sell.

    I have always had good service from the local online shops:


    [*]http://www.telescopeshop.co.za/


    Where do you stay? The amount of people that do amateur astronomy on the forum are few and far between.

    Regards
    Marius Reitz
    I live in Cape Town, TechnoPro has the telescope I want... But first prize is to get it from a store where I can get some after sales support since I'm new to this.

    http://www.audiolens.co.za/ also has what looks to be nice celestron scopes, But the Orion 8inch Reflector seems better... I've looked through it before under heavey light pollution and could still get good features on Jupiter and Saturn..
    Last edited by gmiantor; 2016/04/29 at 10:32 PM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Constantia Kloof
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,296
    Thanked: 1996

    Default Re: Telescope Dealers WP CBD

    Quote Originally Posted by gmiantor View Post
    I live in Cape Town, TechnoPro has the telescope I want... But first prize is to get it from a store where I can get some after sales support since I'm new to this.

    http://www.audiolens.co.za/ also has what looks to be nice celestron scopes, But the Orion 8inch Reflector seems better... I've looked through it before under heave light pollution and could still get good features on Jupiter and Saturn..
    TechnoPro will not let you down.
    Brandt Theunissen
    2019 Mahindra S6 Pik Up S/C 4x4
    2007 Mercedes Benz ML500 5.5
    1968 VW Beetle 2276

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Port Elizabeth
    Age
    47
    Posts
    304
    Thanked: 107

    Default Re: Telescope Dealers WP CBD

    Agree cant go wrong with technopro

    Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk
    2011 Suzuki Jimny, Rocksliders (Bluerocket), Underbody protection (Stofpad), Roofrack (African Outback)
    Drawer System (self)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edgemead
    Age
    50
    Posts
    547
    Thanked: 17

    Default Re: Telescope Dealers WP CBD

    Quote Originally Posted by gmiantor View Post
    Hi any one know of telescopes dealers/shops here in the Western Cape CBD & Surrounds.

    I'm looking for someone who stocks the Orion Sky Quest XT8 telescope.

    The few that I've found here only stock Celestron.
    Hi there. Did you end up buying the GR8 Orion?
    Marius Reitz
    Nissan Xtrail
    Astronomy and Telescopes
    Chairperson for ASSA - Cape Center
    • 13.1 inch custom built truss telescope on a dobsonian mount
    • 10 inch Meade SCT
    • 8 inch Celestron SCT Powerstar
    • 8 inch Skywatcher reflector on a Celestron CGEM mount
    • 8 inch Orion SkyQuest
    • 6 inch Orion reflector on a EQ5 mount
    • 5 inch Konus Maksutov Cassegrain on a EQ3 mount
    • 5 inch Alter Maksutov Cassegrain on a EQ4 mount
    • 15x70 Celestron Skymaster binoculars on a parallelogram mount

Similar Threads

  1. Homemade travel telescope
    By AVET in forum Astronomy
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2015/02/10, 05:44 PM
  2. Defender Dealers vs Indies
    By Jean Kotze in forum Land Rover
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 2012/05/04, 04:28 PM
  3. Disgust in Mahindra Dealers
    By Jpuchert in forum Mahindra
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 2012/05/04, 04:05 PM
  4. Dealers (in defence of) vs Independant Workshops
    By Fontuin in forum Land Rover
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2010/02/05, 11:27 AM
  5. Dealers do listen / read forums
    By Willies in forum Nissan
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2009/05/21, 07:00 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •